• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Boosting My Business: Excited and Nervous for My Host Appreciation Party!

In summary, Linda is having a party to give away products from her business and she has already invited 48 people. She is nervous about how it will go, but is excited to finally be in her NEDs.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My business has not been the greatest this past year - and honestly, I have no one to blame but me - I just haven't worked it like I should. I'm not earning a trip this year and I keep telling myself that I'm okay with it, but I'd really like to go on one! I have vowed that this won't happen next year! I've got this awesome business, why am I not working it to it's fullest potential? I repromoted back in June and so far have managed to hang on to it by the skin of my teeth! One thing that has me motivated is that I will FINALLY be in my NEDs first line....or whatever it's called these days. My Director doesn't have the numbers to keep AD status and doesn't have the structure to keep her director status without me....although I hate it for her - it's so much better for me!.

Anyhow, back to what I'm doing....I hate hate hate to make booking phone calls....I know, I know...3.2.1....I have always gotten my bookings at my shows, but lately I just haven't had the show schedule to keep me in bookings like I'd like to be. So I decided to throw a party! I've got a closet FULL of products (good ones too). I'm having a Past Host appreciation party on Sunday and am giving everyone who comes (and their guest if they bring one) a gift - what I'm pimping for are bookings! as of now I have 48 RSVPs!!!! Holy cow! I never dreamed this many would come. I'm excited and nervous too. I've got my mom coming to help me with checkouts and I'm wondering if I should get one of my consultants to come too.

Everyone cross your fingers for me that the party is a success and I have a full calendar to re-kick-off my business with a huge bang!

You'll be great Linda! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!! {{HUGS}}

Wow, that is awesome!!! I had my first one this year and I had 9 or 10 and I was excited. I gave away almost $700 in product, but I got 5 bookings AND a recruit!!! I can't wait to hear how yours goes, keep us posted.

holy cripes, Linda!! That's amazing. You'll do great. I think it's a good idea to have a consultant come help you with orders. I can't wait to hear how it goes. It makes me want to do a past host appreciation party!! HOw did you invite everyone? Mailed invites? Evites? That's a GREAT response. :) Have a blast!

Best of luck Linda! Let us know how it goes!

WooHoo! Congrtats Linda!! I hope that you have a very successful event.

pamperedbecky said:
holy cripes, Linda!! That's amazing. You'll do great. I think it's a good idea to have a consultant come help you with orders. I can't wait to hear how it goes. It makes me want to do a past host appreciation party!! HOw did you invite everyone? Mailed invites? Evites? That's a GREAT response. :) Have a blast!

I sent an email. For the few that don't do email I mailed them an invitation. I only sent the invitation once. I was planning to send it again, but after I started getting so many RSVPs I was afraid to send it out again! lol I was afraid that too many more would want to come and that I wouldn't have enough presents for all.

If I were you girl, I'd have them draw a prize. Print out things that they could win on pieces of paper & have them draw one. Some of the papers could have items from your stash and then have a bunch of extras with something small like a Season's Best. That way, you have PLENTY of prizes for everyone who shows up! ;)

Or make it a rule that they have to RSVP by a certain time to qualify for the drawings. ;)

Sheila said:
If I were you girl, I'd have them draw a prize. Print out things that they could win on pieces of paper & have them draw one. Some of the papers could have items from your stash and then have a bunch of extras with something small like a Season's Best. That way, you have PLENTY of prizes for everyone who shows up! ;)

Or make it a rule that they have to RSVP by a certain time to qualify for the drawings. ;)

I should have enough. I did tell them that they HAD to RSVP and also let me know if they were bringing a guest so that I'd be sure to have enough (I have 5 yrs worth of stuff in my stash!) I'm planning to put everyone's name in a bowl (past host in one bowl, guests in another) and draw for the gifts - they get to choose and keep what they pick. After all of the past hosts have drawn then I'll draw for the guests. I have told them that if they leave before the gift draw they don't get to pick early as that would not be fair.

I am really hoping to have a full calendar from Nov thru Jan when they leave too.

This is my menu:

Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries (haven't decided which stone to use for this yet - I'm actually doing two of these)
Cream Cheese with Spicey Pineapple Rum Sauce
Cream Sheese with Raspberry Habanero Sauce
Salsa (made with Salad Choppers) and Chips
Grilled Chicken Penne Alfresco
Beer Bread (making it in the mini-muffin pan) serving with Oil Dipping Spices in Olive Oil
S'mores Cups (serving these on the 3-tiered stand)
Strawberry Coconut Tres Leches Trifle
Sugar Cookies made with Sweet Lemon Sprinkles

How does that sound? Too much? Not enough? Just Right? I wanted to make it easy on myself but also give them several things to try and things that would also be good at room temperature and that wouldn't require a set 'portion size'. Party is from 3:30 - 5:00 so they shouldn't be starved when they get here either.

I'm also serving Sodas, Water, Punch (in trifle bowl) and I'm making Frozen Cranberry Mojitos (making them today).

Yea Linda! You'll do great!I think your menu sounds great. Great selection of foods to choose from. Do the Brie in the mini baker! It keeps it from being too messy as people dig into it. (but I guess that depends on how big of a brie round you have. :))Have fun - I KNOW you'll get the bookings!

Good luck, that is awesome. I have never had a response like! Please share the results

Wow!! Congratulations Linda! It sounds like your people were just waiting to hear from you. I'm sure this will be a great jump start for your business! Be sure to let us know how it goes. I'm sure if they all come you are going to be exhausted AND excited!! Way to go!!Your menu sounds good. I think it is just enough.

Chefbeckyd said:
Yea Linda! You'll do great!

I think your menu sounds great. Great selection of foods to choose from.

Do the Brie in the mini baker! It keeps it from being too messy as people dig into it. (but I guess that depends on how big of a brie round you have. :))

Have fun - I KNOW you'll get the bookings!

It's the 7.7oz size (@ 4 inch diameter) - and it's Camembert (they were out of Brie and I didn't feel like running around) isn't camembert just a creamier brie? I know it was more $$. I was thinking the Mini-Baker too....or the Oval Baker for the two of them - I'll play with that later today and decide.

pcjenni said:
Good luck, that is awesome. I have never had a response like! Please share the results

I never did either - that's why I'm nervous! and excited!

I'm going to put my PC Aprons on my scarecrows that are in my yard-scape too! lol

Linda, I want to come! This sounds so fabulous!!!!!!! :)

Sounds like it's going to be LOTS of fun!

I've only done 1 open house & I did have one of my new recruits come to help. I was hoping to get her a booking or two (since I was moving away), but I got all sales & no bookings. She was fine with it. It was good exposure for her & she had fun.

finley1991 said:
Linda, I want to come! This sounds so fabulous!!!!!!! :)

Start driving!! I have a guest room for you :love0010: Pick up the other DCS'r on your way - we will party after the party :p

Wow Linda I am so excited for you! Everything sounds delicious. Have fun!

pamperedlinda said:
It's the 7.7oz size (@ 4 inch diameter) - and it's Camembert (they were out of Brie and I didn't feel like running around) isn't camembert just a creamier brie? I know it was more $$. I was thinking the Mini-Baker too....or the Oval Baker for the two of them - I'll play with that later today and decide.

I like Camembert WAY better than Brie. It works just as well for that recipe, too.

That is fab and it sounds like you're planning a super fun party! I agree....I want to come! I'm so happy you got such a great response and wishing you LOTS of bookings and a few recruits too!

Today's the day folks! Cross your fingers and send me good vibes. I'll let you know how it turns out.....had 2 more RSVPs last night.....holy guacamole, if they all come I'll be extatic. I'm gonna have my husb take a group photo too....and pics of all the cars in front of my house.

It's going to be awesome Linda!!! Wish I could be there to help you out!!!! {{HUGS}}

You should run around & invite all the neighbors too! LOL

Good Luck girl!!! I hope you get a dozen or so bookings and a few recruits too! :D

finley1991 said:
It's going to be awesome Linda!!! Wish I could be there to help you out!!!! {{HUGS}}

me too girlfriend!

Sheila said:
You should run around & invite all the neighbors too! LOL

Good Luck girl!!! I hope you get a dozen or so bookings and a few recruits too! :D

lol! many of my neighbors are my past hosts! My neighborhood is VERY GOOD and VERY LOYAL to me!

Can't wait to hear about all of your success!

OMG!!! So much fun! There were 43 people here - 32 past hosts and 11 guests.
Sales are over $1500
6 bookings
2 new consultants! One whipped out her iPad and signed up during the party (so funny! I was talking and she interrupted me to ask what my consultant number was) the other one is signing up tonight.

I am very pleased with the turn out.

Kicking myself for forgetting to take photos though :(

YAY LINDA!!!!

I'm so proud of you and very excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're back in the game!!!! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!I'm so happy that it was a successful event for you!

That sounds amazing!! How awesome! I'm so glad they all came! How did you handle having so many people at your house?Congratulations!!!

HOly cow, Linda!!! That's awesome!!! How funny about the iPad lady. I love it!!!! Go Sell-A-Thon!!!! :)

WOW!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Way to Go Linda!!!! Now there's a way to reenergize. Congrats!!!!!!!

Chef Kearns said:
That sounds amazing!! How awesome! I'm so glad they all came! How did you handle having so many people at your house?

Congratulations!!!

It was crazy! I had my mom and my newest consultant helping me.

beckyjsmith said:
WOW!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Way to Go Linda!!!! Now there's a way to reenergize. Congrats!!!!!!!

Absolutely! 2011 is gonna be a great year for me and my business!

2sgn045congratulations.gif

wearenotworthy.gif

WOW!! Linda, I am SOOOOOO happy for you!:party:

Congratulations Linda! That is awesome!!! :sun:

That is seriously fantastic!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!! You rocked it and I am loving how successful it was !!! Congrats!

It makes me want to do one!! What an awesome result you had. I'm inspired! And if my neighbor doesn't have the show she says she'll have, I may do one! Many of my neighbors are past hosts. :)

WOOHOOO!!! You should totally send the story into the "I did it" thing!

I couldn't agree more, Kate!!

pamperedbecky said:
It makes me want to do one!! What an awesome result you had. I'm inspired! And if my neighbor doesn't have the show she says she'll have, I may do one! Many of my neighbors are past hosts. :)

Do it Becky! It was such fun. I loved seeing everyone pick their gifts from my stash too. Told them that the only reason I had all of these things to give to them was because they helped me earn them...and if they EVER wanted to come back and do this again then they needed to help me earn some more! I got 6 bookings and I'm sure with a few phone calls I could get a few more of them to book. I would have had a couple more, but with the 2 that joined my team a few bookings that I would have had are going to them, which I'm completely okay with :D

cmdtrgd said:
WOOHOOO!!! You should totally send the story into the "I did it" thing!

I was thinking about that :eek:

Wahooo Linda!

I'm so excited for you! I know this past year has been so hard for you, and it's so good to see that even though you needed to step back from your business for a while, you can jump right back in with a HUGE bang!

I'm so so happy for you and for the success of your Show! You deserve it!

Congratulations!!!!!!! Wow!!! You did a great job and earned your success.

Chefbeckyd said:
Wahooo Linda!

I'm so excited for you! I know this past year has been so hard for you, and it's so good to see that even though you needed to step back from your business for a while, you can jump right back in with a HUGE bang!

I'm so so happy for you and for the success of your Show! You deserve it!

Thanks Becky!

Ya know, when I was planning this party something kept nagging me about the date (I didn't have it marked on my calendar as a day I wanted to work). Then about 2 weeks ago, it hit me that the 7th is the one year anniversary when my dad died. I decided to go ahead and keep the party as scheduled since so many of the people who came were the ones who carried me through the time while I was in FL and after he died by checking on me, collecting catalog orders and ordering from my website. I'm so glad I did, I feel like my dad was smiling down on me yesterday.....and Lord knows that man loved a party! :rolleyes: lol!

Hey saw your FB posts--WAY TO GO!!! Whee, you are BACK.....! Congratulations!

pamperedlinda said:
Do it Becky! It was such fun. I loved seeing everyone pick their gifts from my stash too. Told them that the only reason I had all of these things to give to them was because they helped me earn them...and if they EVER wanted to come back and do this again then they needed to help me earn some more! I got 6 bookings and I'm sure with a few phone calls I could get a few more of them to book. I would have had a couple more, but with the 2 that joined my team a few bookings that I would have had are going to them, which I'm completely okay with :D

I was thinking I would try to do it in December. Then I looked and I really don't have a whole lot of open dates left! I have a couple who still want to set up shows and I hope those come through. I may have some straggling shows that just won't close out in November, so that'll at least give me some sales for December. I think I may plan a HOst Appreciation Show for whenever double points will be. That way, we'll get over the holidays and hopefully do it in February. So, even if my neighbor ends up doing a Dec. show, it won't interfere.

GREAT job Linda! I'm so excited for you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cenouctosturo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cenouctosturo
  • kaceyleigh2
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • melissaboyd