• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Thought About Teaching a Cooking Class to Boost Your Business?

In summary, Becky is trying to rebuild her business after a conference and is teaching cooking classes through her local park district. She is also trying to generate business through advertising in her park district brochure and through the Pamper a Business program.
pamperedbecky
I've been REALLY trying to get my business back on track since conference. I've tried to reach out to other successful people who have made dramatic improvements in their businesses when times were tough and have tried to really step outside of my comfort zone, as well as think outside the box. I'm doing more booths and basically trying to re-build my business.

The latest thing that has come along has me very excited! I'm going to be teaching a cooking class through my local park district. I've also talked to 2 local wine shops that do tastings for groups of people and they're going to let me provide some appetizers and set up a small display during some upcoming tastings. I have an appt to talk with a 3rd place on Monday. I'm really just trying to get better ingrained in the community. I'm hoping the wine things will lead to bookings and perhaps future orders, but I'm not really expecting I'd get actual orders at them. I'm thinking of making the mini BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches since they don't necessarily need to be served hot and I won't have access to a microwave most likely.

But this park district thing totally has me excited!! It came about indirectly from me trying to think outside the box. I was thinking of other ways to get my name in front of people and was thinking about advertising in our park district brochure. When I called and talked to the PR/Marketing woman, she actually suggested I instead talk to their adult class offerings coordinator about maybe doing a cooking class because they were specifically talking about that idea recently. Wow!! So, I got in touch with him, met with him yesterday and will be teaching in the winter and spring sessions!! Three 4 week sessions! I get paid for it (not much) but it'll cover ingredients and some supplies. I'm just hoping it gets my name out there and may lead to future business/bookings/who knows what!! I can't "sell" during the class, but he said I'm more than welcome to pass out cards and catalogs and have people contact me outside of class. They have a full kitchen that I can work with (heck, I'd be happy with just microwave) and there will be different focuses of the three sessions. But, now I"m getting totally nervous! I obviously will have to adjust the format/focus of my shows to more about the recipe and food tips, as opposed to the products, but I'll be using my own products, which I'm hoping will generate questions.

I've also been doing the Pamper a Business thing too and will give it a try on a 2nd business next week (either my periodontist where I had my gum surgery or my physical therapist's office...I haven't decided which one yet).

Since this park district thing pretty much landed in my lap, I thought I'd throw that out there as a suggestion to people. I had always contemplated filling out the little form in the brochure/book that asks for class ideas or even a willingness to be an instructor for a class that you have certain skill for, but I never followed through. So, if you all have a similar set up with a park district or rec dept, try it!!!

Love your enthusiasm, Becky! In fact today at work I told the ladies in the front office that if they like, I am going to "Pamper" them sometime next week! They loved the idea! Don't even care if I get a show or a booking...just some orders would be good!

Just one note...I would not do any meat or perisable product (pork) without proper refrigeration or heat. Not sure if you are familiar with the temperature danger zone, but you will be really setting your customers up for a foodborne illness.

I did a similar thing at a local winery and put out cut French bread with our the small bamboo bowls of the dipping seasonings made up. In the other two I had the sauces set up with crackers. I did have an 8 oz. brick of sharp cheese with the cheese knife set up. It was only for a 2 hour period so I just discarded whatever cheese was left over.

This sounds absolutely fabulous Becky! This could be a huge business generator! Go girl!

1. What should I wear to my upcoming Pampered Chef party?

For our Pampered Chef parties, we recommend wearing comfortable and casual clothing. You will be participating in hands-on cooking and food demonstrations, so it's important to wear something that you won't mind getting a little messy. Closed-toe shoes are also recommended for safety in the kitchen.

2. Will there be food at the party?

Yes, there will be plenty of delicious food at the party! Our goal is to showcase our products and give you a taste of what you can create with them. You'll have the opportunity to try out different recipes and see how our products can make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

3. Do I need to bring anything to the party?

No, you don't need to bring anything to the party. We will provide all the necessary ingredients and materials for the cooking demonstrations. However, if you have a favorite apron or kitchen utensil you like to use, you are more than welcome to bring it along.

4. Can I purchase products at the party?

Absolutely! Our Pampered Chef parties are a great opportunity to see our products in action and purchase them if you're interested. Our consultants will have order forms and catalogs available for you to browse and make purchases at the party.

5. I've never been to a Pampered Chef party before, what can I expect?

At our Pampered Chef parties, you can expect to have a fun and interactive experience with delicious food and great company. Our consultants will demonstrate how to use our products and you'll have the opportunity to try them out for yourself. You'll also have the chance to purchase products and ask any questions you may have about our company or products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies