• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Bookings in Feb: What Am I Doing Wrong?

Independent ConsultantI think there are a couple of things you could try. First... go to one of the other consultant's shows and see what she does...I'm sure she has some great tips. Second, offer a free product to the first person that books a
Princess
I have no shows booked in Feb and only had one in Jan...I have been calling people, some people saying they were interested,,,left messages, called, emailed and no one is responding. What am I doing wrong?

I wouldn't say it's you doing anything wrong! I think a lot of us just have dry spells. I know I had a really dry spell in July and August, but one of my fellow consultants was selling well over $1000 each month, and we live in the same area. I dried up again over the Holidays (my choice this time), so I offered $10 in free product to the first 15 people that booked a show from me to get jump started again. I didn't make the offer until mid January, so all my bookings are for Feb and March. So far I've got 3 for sure in Feb and another one I'm working on trying to get. Two in March, but possibly 3. Just waiting on the girl to decide on her date. Of course, the people don't get the free product until they hold the show. Then I will let them pick out what they want and add it to their order so I not only make commision, but get their host discount too!

Great idea! thanks
I had a 2 people interested but can't till the spring, another lady was interested in hosting and being a consultant...called her several times and her hubby always tells me she is busy and she never calls back

She may have changed her mind, but maybe you can change it back. Maybe mail her a catalog with February's special and maybe stick on of the recruiting coupons in it. It always sparks interest.

Attachments

• skillet coupon.doc
    270.5 KB · Views: 580
Thanks...I'm just really bummed that all these people on my team...are booking fundraisers, getting leads etc..and here I am trying my hardest to get one booking

Princess said:
Thanks...I'm just really bummed that all these people on my team...are booking fundraisers, getting leads etc..and here I am trying my hardest to get one booking

I can relate to you totally! I love going to my team meetings but I sometimes feel like I am SO behind everyone else. I sell PC because I love the products and it is a very part time thing for me but when I sit and think of EVERYTHING I could be getting (trips, etc) I kinda get a little bummed.
I struggle to get bookings ALL THE TIME! I don't know if it is what I say or do. People always compliment me on what a good job I did but then when I ask if they would be interested in hosting their own show they always have some excuse. I know there are comebacks for the excuses but I can never think of them at the time! ARGHH!
We just have to keep our chins up and keep hanging in there! :p
Lisa Rademacher
Independent Consultant

onepamperedmom68 said:
I can relate to you totally! I love going to my team meetings but I sometimes feel like I am SO behind everyone else. I sell PC because I love the products and it is a very part time thing for me but when I sit and think of EVERYTHING I could be getting (trips, etc) I kinda get a little bummed.
I struggle to get bookings ALL THE TIME! I don't know if it is what I say or do. People always compliment me on what a good job I did but then when I ask if they would be interested in hosting their own show they always have some excuse. I know there are comebacks for the excuses but I can never think of them at the time! ARGHH!
We just have to keep our chins up and keep hanging in there! :p
Lisa Rademacher
Independent Consultant

That is exactly how i feel as well....i love my meetings but I see people getting recognition for $1000 shows etc...and I feel like I failed! But like you said keep our chins up!

I know how all of you feel. This is my 4th month selling PC because I like the product that much! In Dec I had no shows at all. Part of that was my fault, it was a busy month. Other consultants in my cluster are having $1,000.00 shows. This month I had 2 shows. The highest was $300. I swear I need help to get started. Or bribes! ;) One consultant to pray another told me to call evryone (I did), then my husband said to lots of discounts. I dont like that idea so much. How long do dry spells last?

Shannon Robare

I think there are a couple of things you could try. First... go to one of the other consultant's shows and see what she does that works so well. We have a consultant in our area that is regularly bringing in $5000 in sales per month. I am putting it on my calendar to attend one of her shows!

Second, see if your recruiter or director could attend one of your shows and give you feedback on what you are doing. It might just be that you need a little tweaking to get to the next level.

All of this advice is totally off the top of my head since I am so new to Pampered Chef... but it makes sense to me!

Love,
Rachel

What works for me!I book several weeks ahead so I look busy and booked so I would be scheduling for end of Feb now! Works for me!

My director has had 4 $1000 shows this month, while I've had 4 shows cancel or reschedule! :mad: I really makes me depressed! I really want my business to skyrocket! I have 5 months to reach my goal of being a FD and reaching 15K in sales by national conference. I need 1 recruit to be a FD and I am nearly 2k behind on sales to reach the 15K mark! :mad: There was one girl in my cluster that earned her SS1 and ALL 3 Plus Bonuses with 10 days to go in her SS1 month! :eek: I barely squeaked by the $1250 mark! I just can't seem to KEEP the momentum going! I have a really good month and then an awful month!

I'm seriously considering shadowing my Director and Upline at a few shows to see what they are doing that I could comfortably weave into my own show!

I'd say go for it! Go see some other consultants' shows. I love when I have the opportunity to do that because everyone has a different style. Everyone has different levels of audience participation so that's always neat to see. Definitely do that! It may not be a magic answer, but it at least would be bound to give you some good ideas! :)

Remember...
Princess said:
That is exactly how i feel as well....i love my meetings but I see people getting recognition for $1000 shows etc...and I feel like I failed! But like you said keep our chins up!

when you compete with others in this business you will only hurt yourself! You need to compete with yourself! What I mean by that is set your own goals and decide where you want to go. Not everyone on my team wants to go to the Bahamas...not everyone wants to do 8 shows a month! But if you are comparing yourself to some of the top sellers and it is not your own goal to be a top seller...then you are selling yourself short! :(

Was it your goal to have $1000 shows? If not, then why feel like you have failed?

Belinda Ellsworth has some great points on this! If you have an opportunity to go see her...do it!! :D

fruit76loop said:
when you compete with others in this business you will only hurt yourself! You need to compete with yourself! What I mean by that is set your own goals and decide where you want to go. Not everyone on my team wants to go to the Bahamas...not everyone wants to do 8 shows a month! But if you are comparing yourself to some of the top sellers and it is not your own goal to be a top seller...then you are selling yourself short! :(

Was it your goal to have $1000 shows? If not, then why feel like you have failed?

Belinda Ellsworth has some great points on this! If you have an opportunity to go see her...do it!! :D

I'm not competing with anyone...good on them but its jut frustrating.

depressedI know want you mean , its hard to say up.....I only have been doing PC since July... I made all my supper staters, earned all of the show to go..Dec i earned level 2 in new products.. But my Jan fell apart everyone cancelled or reschulded..so I had nothing for Jan.. Today my show for tomorrow cancelled..My husband and director keep telling to keep doing what i been doing, but something is wrong... :mad:

SorryI have had the same problem! I only had one show in January, that still isn't closed, because of the stinken host.
I have one booked for February, I am pushing for two, possibly three. I have been pushing the new cookware. Good luck to yo uthough

don't give upDon't give up it is January!!!! What your director is going through is from havinging lived through a January. January is a really hard month, why do you think PC give such good incentives to host a show? Because they know it and anyone that has been through one season should know it also. What your director knows is that in November and December they begin hostess coaching extra hard for those January shows... You have to work twice as hard to keep those. People get past Christmas and are ready to vegg. You are not alone, I had 6 and they all postponed but February is turning out to be awesome.

What you do now effects your business 3 months from now, just keep remembering that and move on to February.. make up for it with double bookings... get your "hit list" out and start calling everyone.. be excited and the bookings will come. It sounds like you know what you are doing if you had such a great beginning... keep doing whatever you were doing and it will all fall into line.

Nanette Stapleton
Future Director
Texas :D

Talk to your DirectorJust a question. What do you ladies do at your cluster meetings?

You are talking about shadowing your director, or one of the top sellers in your cluster....

At our cluster meetings out here (I have a GREAT director) one of the top sellers does their demo or the rest of us each month. First we do recognition, then regular training, then the demo. (Although this month I'm wishing the demo was first, as it's my turn to do it... :) )

Just an idea. It really helps to get ideas from other consultants to add into your own show!

:)

I just want to tell my story too. I had a better Jan than last year. I sold just over $300. I did have over $800 but the hostess closed yesterday Feb.1st. What did I have last year? $100 in Jan! So definitly better and still active!
Of course I was bummed and I told my director and guess what? For the first time in a long time, maybe a year, she didn't hit $2,000 in a month. I thought, OH!? I consider us close and we share our lives a little and felt definitly better that she was in the same boat. She is constantly encouraging us to look up!
A couple of days ago I talked to our top consultant in our cluster and told her I always aim to be 1st and not 2nd. Guess what? she had a dismall month, $1200 in sales. I know you're thinking, WHAT?? This girl can pull out $10,000 months! So of course I feel better that WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT! Our economy is rotten! Gas prices are high! Look at the bigger picture!

I know it stinks to be in a rut. It will get better. One thing I told a fellow consultant to do is take your newsletter to the grocery store with you and hand it out to the shoppers as you are shopping. I am going to try it out this month and see what happens.

We have to stick together and keep sharing out stories so we know we aren't the only ones out there stuck!

tpchefrebecca said:
I know it stinks to be in a rut. It will get better. One thing I told a fellow consultant to do is take your newsletter to the grocery store with you and hand it out to the shoppers as you are shopping. I am going to try it out this month and see what happens.

Great advice to take the newsletter to the grocery store. I never even thought about that.

Thanks,

Kim

MichelleRoth said:
Just a question. What do you ladies do at your cluster meetings?
You are talking about shadowing your director, or one of the top sellers in your cluster....
At our cluster meetings out here (I have a GREAT director) one of the top sellers does their demo or the rest of us each month. First we do recognition, then regular training, then the demo. (Although this month I'm wishing the demo was first, as it's my turn to do it... :) )
Just an idea. It really helps to get ideas from other consultants to add into your own show!
:)
I know Michelle; you can tell that some other consultants don't go or can't go to their cluster meetings and/or aren't communicating with their director, and really miss out. I have never missed a cluster meeting. I have a wonderful time and always learn something from others.
We start out demo first so that while it's cooking, we do recognition, stop to get our food, and finish with training and additional info.

Last edited:
I think cluster meetings are great too. I drive 45-60 minutes to mine each way and I think in the nearly three years I've been doing this, I think I've missed two. ONe was the one after the birth of my daughter, but for the following month or two, I took her with me! :)

I feel everyone's pain also. I am barely active right now. i have a show i am waiting to close hopefully it will be in time. My thing is this. i havent done well since i started this. its not because i havent tried. i have hung up flyers in 3 different counties, given out business cards, catalogs, etc. do craft fairs, talk to everybody i meet ( i just met one girl in the walmart bathroom). i am to the point to where i just dont know what to do!! i talked to my director for a long time sunday night and she said the same thing. she just didnt know what advice to give!!makes me wonder if its worth it even though i love doing this and the products. right now its not about me its everyone else!! as for meetings, i would love to go to my meetings but my director lives an hour and half away and has meetings on tuesday nights at 6. my hubby gets off work at 4:30 and with 3 kids and one vehicle it just aint happening!! so other than this site i am on my own! it is comforting to know that i am not alone in my feelings though!! thanks everyone!

Have you tried a bridal expo or fair?
This is a great way to get business b/c you get a lead list and can call all of those brides/grooms and are able to meet brides who are interested in a wedding shower/registry.
Or perhaps an open house or block party? Or have a garage sale and have a separate table for PC...
I think what you may have hit is a plateau..which happens to everyone..the main thing, is stick through it...plateaus do pass...
Plus the phone is your friend...maybe start writing a Congrats letter whose engagements in the paper...or talk to realtors...PC are great housewarming gifts...baby gifts..start setting up shop in stores...or look at the chamber of commerce..and check the list of churches or organizations and send them a packet on our fundraisers...
Just a few thoughts..I know they are mostly wedding oriented..but at least its something...
Good luck...keep us posted!
Cheers,
Angela

I hear ya!Let's see here....I think I had a whole ZERO shows and income for January!! Ya know though, when I started this "adventure" 3 1/2 years ago, I told my husband, "As long as I enjoy what I'm doing and continue to love the products, I'll continue chugging along."
It's really discouraging some months and extremely encouraging others! I do have 2 shows in the books now for Feb. and looking very forward to them! So, we just need to HAVE FUN and continue to encourage one another in our clusters and also our Chef Success family!!

Blessings to you all,

April

$1 investment in your business....goes a LONG way!As I'm reading these posts, I see all sorts of great things. "I've talked to everyone, I've posted fliers, no one calls me back." It's not THEIR job to call you! Here is my suggestion...go buy a $1 pack of index cards. The next time you strike up a conversation wtih someone at the store, ask them to give you their information so you can send them a new catalog, or keep them up on the specials...etc etc. Then YOU can call them, and KEEP calling them...with a smile in your voice...to let them know what is new, what recruiting specials are going etc etc. Remember the whole concept of having a servants heart. What can YOU offer THEM? It makes a HUGE difference. The times when my business was the slowest, was when I was the most desperate to make TPC. I was only looking at what was in it for me...and it showed in my sales!

Long story short...get their info..promise to not stalk them....and keep them up to date.

Afsea-

Use the drawing slips. It has everything you need right on the paper. I try to keep a couple in my purse.

If I remember to do this and I'm not in a huge hurry, when I give out a catalog when someone sees my PC stuff and asks for one, I tell them that I gather their names and information (on the drawing slips, they're perfect!) and for every 20 catalogs I give out - or whatever number you'd like - I do a drawing for a free product. Then they're more likely to give you their info AND the person who wins is always appreciative. Just carry a little stack of those drawing slips around with you! :)

Great idea Becky!:D I love the idea about drawing for a free product after you give out 20 catalogs! People always look at me like I'm insane :eek: when I ask for their info. Thanks for the great idea! ;)

I like the idea of a drawing for every 20 catologs!! Who doesnt want to win? I work at a grocery store so I am able to tell customers what I do outside of the building. But I have to admit the bosses hate it. But I have to say so far Jan was bad. Feb and March now has 3 shows in each. I cant believe it , becuase I did nothing. From all the work I did in Dec ( which I had no shows!) all of a sudden people are calling and asking about fundraisers and books shows and cooking shows.
WOW!

Shannon Robare

bookings for feb.:confused: pull a report of everyone that bought stones from u and leave a mess. at all comtacts or do a printout and mail it for the awesome stone promo for feb

I wouldn't say that your doig anything wrong, I had a dry spell in Nov and Decmeber though December was more my doing becasue I was in the middle of getting married, My june was very much a dry spell as well. I would go through all of your DPDS and call everyone who ever attended a show, who knows they might be intrested in hosting but they weren't interested at the time of the show. Never hurts in trying!! :) Keep your Chin UP!! :)

Princess said:
I have no shows booked in Feb and only had one in Jan...I have been calling people, some people saying they were interested,,,left messages, called, emailed and no one is responding. What am I doing wrong?

The last few days I've been going to public places, hair salons, strip malls, etc. And I've gotten 2-3 bookings for February and a possible recruit. It takes some time but it really seems to be working for me!! Maybe it will work for you too!

I'm doing a mystery host sneak peek show and am following the advice I give my hosts... i send out 41 invitations, plus have handed out 6 more so far! I already have 4 RSVP yes with 3 of those saying they are going to bring someone - and I just sent out invites yesterday! I am giving away free shipping and the host benefits and some things I have laying around, but you really don't even need to do that. Pump it up huge as a huge event for special customers (the ones that gave me their address is how I did it :) ) My director does this twice a year and usually gets $1000 in sales from it! Plus you can break it up into 2 shows (1 feb/1 march) so you give away 2 sets of host benefits and give yourself an extra show. Yes, it is some work, but I think it will be worth it!

I may have missed it, but I didn't see contacting those past customers! Open up all the show files you have from day 1. Call EVERYONE. Aks them how they're products are doing, if they need warranty info, etc. Then ask them if you can share the great specials coming up. Ask them, have you ever thought about doing a show to get some of the stuff you wanted but couldn't get at the last show? Good luck!!

I too will be doing a Sneak Peek! The way that I got some bookings is just advertise EVERYWHERE! I have my binder where ever I go and I also wear whatever I can to promote. I talk talk talk. lol. I hope you get some bookings soon!

dry spellhi All
i had a dry spell for nov.dec. the people are finally coming to me. i have 2 shows booked for february.
how do you give a discount with out it coming from your pocket?:confused:

thanks
Michelle

Sandra-when you go to public places I'm assuming you aren't speaking to people you alreaady know-so, how do you just jump in with The Pampered Chef. Do you just walk up to people and say I am a consultant wanna do a show? I have been at my girls' dance class for the last two weeks, packed catty's with host info specifically so I would give to the other mom's and have chickened out both times. Someone please give me the words!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rhonda-Roo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • kristine2011
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
  • mistym