• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Navigate a Pampered Chef Fundraiser Amidst a Cross-Country Move?

In summary, Jenny is moving from Vancouver, WA to Las Vegas, NV and recently became qualified as a consultant. She has requested to bump her super starter bonus to next month due to her move and has received conflicting information from field services and her director. She also has a booking for a fundraiser for a softball team and is unsure of how to proceed as she will no longer be in town to do a kitchen show. She has received different information from field services and her director regarding the rules and regulations for the fundraiser. She is looking for advice and would like to have all the rules in writing to avoid confusion.
CraftyCook
Here’s my situation. I live in Vancouver, WA right now, but am moving the 30th to Las Vegas, NV. I recently became qualified as a consultant and earned my first super starter bonus! :D I have put in a request to field services for a request to bump my SS month one to next month because of my move and I know maybe 2 people down there. I talked to my director who told me she talked to field services, and they said I could get the extension. I wrote [email protected] and received an e-mail from one lady who told me I couldn’t bump my SS month because I already qualified. :eek: I talked to my director again who called field services again and they called me. I was told to forward my request onto this lady I was speaking to and still have not heard back from her it’s been almost week. Should I write her again? :confused:
Also, I got a booking for fundraisers for a softball team during the summer and during the winter. But I won’t be here in town to do a kitchen show for them. When I asked field services about how to go about doing this they said I had to do a kitchen show. My director says I can do a catalogue show type fundraiser for them. I was thinking about maybe trying to get the softball girls together before I leave and doing a short kitchen show to show them the products and explain to them how it would all work. But, I don’t know how it would work. I know I’d give each girl a catalogue, order forms and the monthly host special to encourage bookings. But, on the fundraiser check list in Recipes for Success, in the first call section it says no member of the organization can claim tax-exempt status. I called field services on this and they said that the taxes are based on where the products are shipped to on all shows. My director on the other hand says that by law we can’t charge a resident of a stat that doesn’t charge sales tax if we use the tax-exempt form provided on consultants corner. So, which is it? Right now I have a show open that I held in Vancouver, WA where we do have sales tax. One of the guests was from Oregon where they do not have sales tax. I didn’t charge her shipping, but now do I have to because the orders will be shipped to Washington? And, what do I tell the chairperson of my fundraiser about this? Can the girls buy things from this fund raiser? Can anyone give me any suggestions on how I can put this fundraiser together like a catalogue show? I haven’t done a fundraiser yet so all of this is new to me.
Has anyone received any misinformation from Field services? I wish I had all the rules here in writing so I didn’t have to keep calling and getting different answers. Does anyone know of any way to get paper documents of all of the rules in detail?
Any and all advice would be truly helpful. Thanks so much. Happy cooking

Jenny

CraftyCook said:
Here’s my situation. I live in Vancouver, WA right now, but am moving the 30th to Las Vegas, NV. I recently became qualified as a consultant and earned my first super starter bonus! :D I have put in a request to field services for a request to bump my SS month one to next month because of my move and I know maybe 2 people down there. I talked to my director who told me she talked to field services, and they said I could get the extension. I wrote [email protected] and received an e-mail from one lady who told me I couldn’t bump my SS month because I already qualified. :eek: I talked to my director again who called field services again and they called me. I was told to forward my request onto this lady I was speaking to and still have not heard back from her it’s been almost week. Should I write her again? :confused:
Also, I got a booking for fundraisers for a softball team during the summer and during the winter. But I won’t be here in town to do a kitchen show for them. When I asked field services about how to go about doing this they said I had to do a kitchen show. My director says I can do a catalogue show type fundraiser for them. I was thinking about maybe trying to get the softball girls together before I leave and doing a short kitchen show to show them the products and explain to them how it would all work. But, I don’t know how it would work. I know I’d give each girl a catalogue, order forms and the monthly host special to encourage bookings. But, on the fundraiser check list in Recipes for Success, in the first call section it says no member of the organization can claim tax-exempt status. I called field services on this and they said that the taxes are based on where the products are shipped to on all shows. My director on the other hand says that by law we can’t charge a resident of a stat that doesn’t charge sales tax if we use the tax-exempt form provided on consultants corner. So, which is it? Right now I have a show open that I held in Vancouver, WA where we do have sales tax. One of the guests was from Oregon where they do not have sales tax. I didn’t charge her shipping, but now do I have to because the orders will be shipped to Washington? And, what do I tell the chairperson of my fundraiser about this? Can the girls buy things from this fund raiser? Can anyone give me any suggestions on how I can put this fundraiser together like a catalogue show? I haven’t done a fundraiser yet so all of this is new to me.
Has anyone received any misinformation from Field services? I wish I had all the rules here in writing so I didn’t have to keep calling and getting different answers. Does anyone know of any way to get paper documents of all of the rules in detail?
Any and all advice would be truly helpful. Thanks so much. Happy cooking

Jenny

I can't give you technical answers, I can only give you the information that I have been provided with on situations like these.

I have always been under the impression that the only Super Starter Month that as changable was the first. If you have not heard from this lady taht you were told to contact though I would call again to confirm all that you have been told.

As far as the fundraiser, this is the first time that I have ever heard that it can not be a catalog show. As long as the sales are received, I can't imagine how it would matter. I would call field services on this one and hope to get a different person to talk to. If you get the same answer twice then I would take that as truth.

As far as the tax exempt question... the sales tax for the STATE that the show is held in does need to be charged, regardless of where an individual order may be being shipped. That one out of state outside order does need to be charged sales tax. Plus an out of state individual who lives out of state does need to pay sales tax of the state that is being held.

If the show is held in a state that there is no sales tax then you don't charge sales tax to anyone.

The tax exempt status of an organization only applies to what that organization is purchasing for their own benefit. All of the guests and outside orders do need to be charged sales tax. The only ones that the tax exempt # is any good for is say if the organization wanted to purchase ie. the Simple Additions to stock a community kitchen.

I hope of was of some help.

Good luck with home office.

: Hi there! Congratulations on qualifying as a consultant and earning your first super starter bonus! That's great news! As for your situation with the move and bumping your SS month, I would suggest following up with the lady you were speaking to from Field Services. It's always a good idea to follow up, especially if it's been a week and you haven't heard back from her. As for the fundraiser for the softball team, it's great that you have a booking for both the summer and winter. I would suggest talking to your director again and seeing if it's possible to do a catalogue show for them, especially since you won't be in town to do a kitchen show. As for the tax-exempt status, I'm not sure about the specific rules and regulations, but it's always best to follow the advice of your director and Field Services. If there is any confusion or discrepancy, I would suggest asking for clarification from Field Services. I know it can be frustrating to keep calling and getting different answers, but it's important to have a clear understanding of the rules. In terms of getting paper documents of all the rules, you can try reaching out to Field Services and see if they can provide you with any written materials. I hope everything works out for you and I wish you all the best with your move and your Pampered Chef business! Happy cooking!

1. What exactly is "I'm Confused"?

"I'm Confused" is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for mixing, blending, and chopping a variety of ingredients.

2. How do I use "I'm Confused"?

To use "I'm Confused", simply add your desired ingredients to the container and use the plunger to mix, blend, or chop them to your desired consistency.

3. Is "I'm Confused" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "I'm Confused" is dishwasher safe. Simply disassemble the tool and place it in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

4. Can "I'm Confused" be used for both wet and dry ingredients?

Yes, "I'm Confused" can be used for both wet and dry ingredients. However, it is recommended to clean and dry the tool thoroughly between uses with different types of ingredients.

5. What makes "I'm Confused" different from other kitchen tools?

"I'm Confused" has a unique design that allows for easy mixing, blending, and chopping without the need for electricity or batteries. It is also compact and easy to store, making it a convenient tool for any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • sprout18
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies