• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's it like moving cross-country with a military family?

In summary, the speaker has been away since the end of August due to moving to a new military station in Colorado Springs. They have found a house to rent and have made a cross-country trip to get there, visiting family and friends along the way. They are excited to get back to a normal life and are looking forward to getting their business going again. Despite some minor car troubles, the move went smoothly and their young child adapted well. The speaker thanks everyone for their well wishes and is looking forward to settling into their new home.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
Okay, so some of you may have realized....most of you probably didn't because I'm not that active on here anyway, but I've been away since the end of August. We are military and signed out of our last duty station on August 31st. Well, we are finally at our new station.

We are now in Colorado Springs where my hubby will be stationed at Ft. Carson. We have found a house to rent.......even though we won't be moving in until around the 20th.......and it is close to post and in a good area. I am so excited to finally be getting close to getting back to a normal life. You know.....our stuff, our home, our family.

We made a huge trip cross country on the way out here. We started out in New Jersey and went to Virginia to visit our families for about 2 weeks. Then we headed out. We drove through Tennessee to Ft. Campbell, Kentucky to visit friends there, then up through Kentucky and Indiana to Michigan where we visited my brother and a good friend of mine who just recently got married. Then we spent a day in Chicago visiting the Lincoln Park Zoo (which is free by the way, and awesome) and then over into Wisconsin to visit the Wisconsin Dells, really pretty but the wrong season to be visiting there. Then on to Minneapolis, Minnesota where we visited the Sculpture Gardens and the Mall of America. Then down into South Dakota - Badlands National Park is amazing. If you have never been - YOU HAVE TO GO. It is so beautiful. Then on to the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Monument. Then into Wyoming to see Devils Tower and then down into Colorado. It was an awesome trip - just me, the hubby, the 2 1/2 year old and the dog. We did have to replace our car battery after it died in Deadwood, South Dakota while we were visiting the gravesite of Wild Bill Hicock and Calamety Jane. Other than that, no troubles and we didn't even get lost - much.

Hopefully I will catch back up and get my business going quickly once we get fully moved in. Don't look like I have anything going much for this month but I do have a catalog show and a kitchen show set up for early November.

wow sounds like you had an amazing 'move' sounds fun!! hope you get settled in quickly!!

Welcome back and I wish you lots of luck in your new town! Hopefully your catalog & cooking show will result in some bookings to help get you off the ground there. :D

Best wishes, and thank you for your service.

Welcome to Colorado Springs!! I'm looking forward to meeting you soon :)

Girl, when you move, YOU MOVE! Yikes! I am glad you made it safe and sound. Miss you already!

AJPratt said:
Girl, when you move, YOU MOVE! Yikes! I am glad you made it safe and sound. Miss you already!

Thanks for the well wishes everybody. You're right, Ann! We did it up right this time and it was a lot of fun. From my folks house in Virginia to actually getting here to Colorado Springs was actually over 3000 miles - it was a long way but so much fun. And our little Tristan did great! He's so excited to be getting a new house but has been awesome meeting new people and staying in hotels. He's going to be the perfect little "army brat". These moves aren't going to get him down.

I am glad the transition is going well!

1. Can you tell us more about your return to work at Pampered Chef?

Yes, I am happy to share that I have returned to work at Pampered Chef after a brief hiatus. I am excited to be back and eager to continue sharing my passion for cooking and quality kitchen products with our customers.

2. What led to your decision to come back to Pampered Chef?

After taking some time off to focus on personal matters, I realized how much I missed working at Pampered Chef and the amazing team and customers. I knew that this is where I belong and I am grateful for the opportunity to return.

3. Will you be resuming your role or taking on a new one?

I will be resuming my previous role as a Pampered Chef consultant. I am looking forward to reconnecting with my previous customers and meeting new ones to help them create delicious meals with our products.

4. What changes can we expect to see from you upon your return?

During my time off, I have been able to reflect and come up with new ideas and strategies to better serve our customers. I will be implementing these changes to provide an even better Pampered Chef experience for everyone.

5. How can we support you as you transition back to work at Pampered Chef?

Thank you for asking! The best way to support me during this transition is to continue to be a loyal customer and share your love for Pampered Chef with others. Your support means everything to me and I am grateful to be back.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Jennie4PC