• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Get Busy with New Home and Business Ventures?

In summary, Bobbi is back online after being away for a while. She has moved into a new house with lots of boxes and new chores on 6 acres of land. She also has some unexpected expenses, including a non-functioning AC unit. She plans on getting her business going in her new rural area by participating in festivals and farm markets. She also talks about her John Deere tractor and her son who is excited to learn to drive it. She is excited to get back to work and make her business successful in her new location.
esavvymom
Staff member
I wish I could say I was on a long vacation, but after what seems like forever, I finally logged on to CS today. :)
We are moved into our new house....wait, let me rephrase that. The BOXES are stacked up in our new house, we aren't "moved in" completely yet!

But I've got new carpet, new paint, new house, new chores (6 acres, with guineas already on the property....trying to get a garden started), and best of all - new debt!! (a couple of unexpected expenses have cropped up....like a non-functioning AC unit that likely won't be covered under the cheap Home Warranty plan my agent purchased. :grumpy: Waiting to find out today on that one what the problem is and how much it's going to cost me.)
Because of that last part, I really need to figure out a way to get my business going again in a new area. It's pretty rural in the immediate area. I'm about 30-60 minutes from all of the major metro areas. If you looked at a map of NC, stick a pin in the very middle of the state- that's me.

This is a big farm community, and they love festivals and farm markets. I'm hoping I can find something this spring/summer to get me out there. I am in a neighborhood- but we're spread out. I've never had any luck with neighborhood marketing, that's for sure! I'd probably have better luck walking the streets and just wear my logo gear. ;) I have a little yard flag too I thought maybe I could stick by my mailbox. But I think a vendor activity will pay off better.

Anyway....just stopping in before tackling the piles in my kitchen. Canning season is fast approaching with strawberries next week, so I have work to do!

Welcome back!!! Wishing you lots of wonderful memories in your new home! There are tons of ways to easily touch your business everyday even while tackling all your projects. Make it a habit to do 3 things everyday to get your name out there. They might only take you 3 minutes but soon you'll start to see results. Let us know how things are going.

One phrase to keep in mind: Nothing runs like a Deere!

My Deere 345 with a 54" deck makes short work of mowing my 2 acres, but when I visited the
John Deere Pavilion in Moline, Illinois a few weeks ago, I got severe tractor envy when I saw
THIS bad boy:

IMG_7983.jpg

It has 4 wheel steering and that's a SIXTY inch mower deck! Woo Hoo! Git 'r done and have a beer!

(I shudder to think about what the retail is on this monster!)

Let's just say THAT bad boy STARTS with 5-digits in the number...BEFORE the decimal point. We got it's cousin- the X540 with a cultivator attachment for our big garden areas we'll be doing. I looked at my 12-yr old and said "Sorry son, you won't be getting any car from US anytime soon....you're stuck with the mini-van. :D". (You can learn to drive at 15 in NC....just 3 short years before he's eligible (doesn't mean he WILL)) He didn't care actually. He's looking forward to learning to use it....especially after I told him that this would be how he started to learn to drive a car! that got him excited. (how to steer, brake/gas, the "feel" of it all, how to drive a straight line!, just general responsibility and maturity with something dangerous, etc....it's how I started out before moving ot the real thing)....and no, I won't be letting my 12 yr old on it YET. Maybe in a year...still has some maturing to do! Seen too many dangerous accidents with mowers and kids.But it all adds up! :) Time for PC to pay off for me!

Last edited:
Weclome back Bobbi !!!

It's a beauty, too! :love:

2011_John_Deere_X540_Lawn_Tractor.jpg

I don't have anyplace big enough to store that lousy X748, anyway. :grumpy:

My DH said it HAD to have a cup holder. ;)

He's right, you know. Mine is sans cup holder, it was designed before Deere started putting them on tractors. Not that it matters, my lawn is so rough that I can't even hold coffee/soda/(cold, frosty) beer without it spilling all over the place. :(

Welcome back!!!

Welcome back, Bobbi!

1. What are some easy recipes to get back into cooking after a break?

After taking a break from cooking, it can be overwhelming to get back into it. Some easy recipes to try are one-pan meals like sheet pan dinners or stir-fries, simple pasta dishes, and slow cooker meals.

2. How can I meal prep to save time during the week?

Meal prepping is a great way to save time during the week. Some tips for successful meal prep include planning out your meals for the week, prepping ingredients in advance, and using versatile ingredients that can be used in multiple dishes.

3. What are some essential kitchen tools for a beginner cook?

For beginner cooks, some essential kitchen tools include a good chef's knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, pots and pans, and a blender or food processor. These tools will help with basic meal preparation and can be used for a variety of recipes.

4. How can I make cooking healthier?

Cooking can be a great way to make healthier meals. Some tips for cooking healthier include using lean proteins, incorporating more fruits and vegetables, using healthy cooking methods like grilling or roasting, and limiting processed ingredients.

5. What are some ways to get my family involved in cooking?

Getting your family involved in cooking can be a fun and educational experience. Some ways to get them involved include having them help with meal planning, grocery shopping, and meal prep, allowing them to choose a recipe to make, and teaching them basic cooking skills like chopping vegetables or measuring ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn