• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm a periodic reader......and need some inspiration and new

Sep 27, 2005
I'm a periodic reader......and need some inspiration and new motivation. I just finished my first year w/ PC. It went well and I was super busy through the fall and earned the Level 2 cruise. However, I pretty much burned out and have had a very slow Jan. - March. I've tried everything to get bookings - fairs, customer care, previous hosts, friends, and I feel like my business is literally drying up right in front of me. I still have many leads, but even though I try many different times/ways to contact, I'm just stuck for bookings. I am really close to earning TPC - but I'm going to miss it because I just don't have the shows. I'm about ready to quit and I don't even want to go on the trip anymore. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts? I am at my wits end right now. Thanks so much!

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Well...I'm having a pretty slow Spring as well. One thing that I will be doing from now until forever is calling back the hosts from last year. That might sound like a "DUH" to some of you, but I never really did that before.

Don't give up, honey! You had a wonderful year last year. Level 2!! Congratulations!! However, the work doesn't stop. Try to think of all the things you did last year to accomplish that goal. Have you done a Spring Open House yet? Invite past hosts and preferred customers.

Paige Dixon

Veteran Member
Aug 11, 2004
I know just how you feel! I am also very close to TPC, and I don't think I'll quite make it, and it's such a shame to miss it by only a show or two. I'll really be sorry to miss it next year when I'm leaving a day early from Atlantis, wishing I could stay with the TPCer's! I am also burned out, and the couple of weeks off at the end of December really threw me, making it very hard to get back in gear. Are you attending meetings? That has really helped to re-motivate me. However, I'm still having a hard time convincing myself to make host coaching calls and follow up with booking leads. As a result, I've had small shows, and my months coming up are looking slim. If I had geared up for the new registries earlier, I could have a possibility of making up the missing sales there. Too bad there's not double points for TPC! Well, we could always put together a GIGANTIC fundraiser! It would be very motivating to make a few thousand dollars in one show, and we'd get TPC, too!

I'll bet that hanging out with other Pampered Chef families on the cruise will help to re-motivate you. Maybe we should take our data with us in case we feel a need to get busy for an hour or so! Also, be sure to invest in Conference. NOBODY comes home from that without getting a big kick in their business!

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
Great ideas from Paige. . .make sure you are going to meetings and one of my recruits has been VERY motivated by the Tele-classes. She can't "attend" but there is a way to download and listen at times that are good for you.

I'm not close for TPC, but I'm not giving up yet. March has been a rough month -- poor sales. I'm having a difficult time getting back into good Host Coaching habits but I know that will make a difference.

One other suggestion if you haven't done this yet, send out the new catalog to your best Hosts (and/or customers) from last year. This may be just what they need to get excited about having a show this season.

Good luck and don't give up. While I've found that there will always be highs and lows in the business, it gets easier each year.