• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Religion Curious About Local Living? Discover the True Insider Perspective!

In summary, while Emi does not belong to the Latter Day Saints faith, she has great respect for those who do and is happy to connect with others who share that bond.
emiscookin
Sorry, I just had to ask. ;) I was soooo curious!

Oh and Yes, I am. :) Born and raised.

I'm not - but I know there are a lot of consultants on this board who are...

BUT - I had a hard time reading your Title Line, and it took me a while, so that might be why you aren't getting many answers. ;)

Yeah, I don't get it? So I must not be...LOL

I think she is saying Latter Day Saints...

No, I am not.

OH! DUH!!! On my part!!!
No, I'm not either...I didn't think I was if I didn't know what it stood for! LMBO!

I know...I read this as "R U lids 2" instead of L.D.S.! It took several times (and opening the thread) to figure it out!

But, no, I'm not...

I thought you were asking about "lids" as well! :D I'm not LDS either, but as Becky said, I think there are others on this board that are - I would think that they will recognize the title for what it is....but maybe not... :)

OK I got it then I looked into the thread to see who answered! Sorry Emi you've gotten a lot of replies but not in response to your question!

Hope some others of your faith respond...it's nice having that bond.

Yep, I'm LDS, too. :) My parents were converts in their 20's, so I'm born and raised "Mormon".

Hi Emi, I'm not, but I am so happy babywings76 saw your post. Babywings76, you have posted some nice things when the topic of religion came up--and in general--so when I saw that emiscooking had posted this I hoped you would connect.:)
Marghi

I am too! In fact, my husband works for Seagull Book, and I hear that term all the time from him.

LOL! You are all so funny! :D

susanr613 said:
OK I got it then I looked into the thread to see who answered! Sorry Emi you've gotten a lot of replies but not in response to your question!

Hope some others of your faith respond...it's nice having that bond.

It is, but I wanted to let the rest of you know that just because I find out someone is from my church doesn't mean I will like them better than the rest of you. I don't play favorites. You are all my friends. :)

babywings76 said:
Yep, I'm LDS, too. :) My parents were converts in their 20's, so I'm born and raised "Mormon".

Cool!! :D
My family has been in the church since the pioneer days! Pretty awesome family history. ;)

No, but I have several clients who are.

No, I'm not either, but have to ask whyyy or should it matter.

It doesn't really matter, but sometimes it's fun because there's a lot of things LDS people do and don't do. There's a whole culture that some people view as weird. It's fun to find other members of the same faith because it helps you to feel not so alone in things.That said, I know that this board is full of wonderful people, no matter what religion they do or don't have in their life. I value everyone's opinions, experience, expertise, advice, etc. We all contribute and lift each other up. This board is such a great help and the people in it are what makes it so great. I've made some great friends with people on here.I grew up in NJ where I was the only girl in my grade who was LDS. I was constantly teased, ridiculed, and interrogated about my beliefs and what made me so different. So anytime you go somewhere and find other members of the church, it's just kind of fun. :)

Oh, and one other thing that I just think is funny....
I'm also curious..because supposedly, a lot of LDS women do home based businesses, or at least people have said that and joke about it. So you kind of wonder if it's true. :D

sorry it took me so long to post but yes I am LDS also. Born and raised. I lived in UT my whole life and now live in NV. My mom is a convert, but my dad was raised LDS.

BlueMoon said:
Hi Emi, I'm not, but I am so happy babywings76 saw your post.

Babywings76, you have posted some nice things when the topic of religion came up--and in general--so when I saw that emiscooking had posted this I hoped you would connect.

:)
Marghi

Thanks Marghi! That is so sweet of you. :)

I also thought this post was about flipping your lid.No, I'm not, but as a proud Charismaniac I do have to say some people think I've flipped my lid when I'm in church!While I'm not Mormon and could not see myself embracing that theology (let's just say I agree to disagree) I DO have great respect for individual Mormons I know. Two Mormons I've met in my line of work are both very family-oriented and members of their area boards of education, and in their communities in general. (One bakes cookies for his school board meetings and I tried in vain to sell him a stone!) Also, I love history and so I do have a lot of respect for the Mormon focus on history and geneology, and happen to work in an area known for its deep Mormon roots. Not far from Hiram ... and anybody who's Mormon will know the history of that community and the sad, sad religious prosecution that took place there in the early days of the LDS church.

1. What is "I'm a Local - Are You?"

"I'm a Local - Are You?" is a program created by Pampered Chef to support and promote local businesses in our community.

2. How does the "I'm a Local - Are You?" program work?

The program works by connecting Pampered Chef consultants with local businesses, allowing them to host events and fundraisers to showcase their products and services to a wider audience.

3. Can any local business participate in the program?

Yes, any local business can participate in the program as long as they meet the criteria set by Pampered Chef. This includes having a valid business license and being in good standing with local regulations.

4. How can I, as a Pampered Chef consultant, get involved with the "I'm a Local - Are You?" program?

To get involved, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef team or visit the "I'm a Local - Are You?" website to find local businesses in need of support. You can then work with the business owner to plan and host an event or fundraiser.

5. What are the benefits of participating in the "I'm a Local - Are You?" program?

Participating in the program can provide benefits for both Pampered Chef consultants and local businesses. Consultants have the opportunity to expand their customer base and support their community, while local businesses gain exposure and potential new customers through the events and fundraisers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedCaniac
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Hathery
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy