• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends

In summary, this conversation is about some members of a group deciding to leave and focus on their businesses instead of participating in the group. Some mention the importance of balancing CS with work and others express their confusion about getting too involved in the group. Some express their respect for those who are leaving and mention potential benefits for those who are staying.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
:cry:

Nuff said, you know who you are! ;)
See you there in a few years!

No I'm not leaving and those who this is intended for will know too.

OK, so who's a director now?

Just my guess - am I right? :)

Janet- didn't your momma ever tell you that it isn't nice to toy with people??? ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
Janet- didn't your momma ever tell you that it isn't nice to toy with people??? ;)

Nope, not specifically...

She said to go play with them, is that toying? :p

Yeah, I noticed the partial post from the Director CS last night. It started "I'm done w/CS!

We will miss all of you that decide not to come back!

I will too...

janetupnorth said:
Nope, not specifically...

She said to go play with them, is that toying? :p

That was just so you wouldn't play with yourself...who said that?!?!:eek:;)

Well, you are stuck with me. I like to play in both play yards!! Just know that if there is a fight to be had...I will go play in another part of the park!! Never did like bullies!

And I think it is an effort to put more work into their businesses. It is too easy to stay on these sites and avoid that phone. (Hmmmm...speaking as if I have some experience in this area!)

Janet why will you miss everyone? I have been so out of the loop apparently.

baychef said:

Well, you are stuck with me. I like to play in both play yards!! Just know that if there is a fight to be had...I will go play in another part of the park!! Never did like bullies!

And I think it is an effort to put more work into their businesses. It is too easy to stay on these sites and avoid that phone. (Hmmmm...speaking as if I have some experience in this area!)

Ringggg, Rinnnnggg.... It's your phone Ann! :) LOL

baychef said:

Yes, seems more figured it out than who this was intended for.

I TOTALLY respect that. But for those of us who aren't looking for Directorship at this time in life due to having many activities, I will miss the depth here that they bring.

I work on recruiting all the time, but some of it IS a numbers game. I am not at the amount of shows per month to build a team and sustain it. I refuse to push to directorship for the wrong reasons.

So, I hope some of you bring the useful good stuff back here for some of us like me to benefit from.

...come visit and stay away from the silliness or controversy if you don't have time for it.

I just wanted to say "bye - miss ya" to those who are staying mainly over there!

Like so many things in life, CS can be taken to an extreme. If anything, including CS, is interfering with your business, it might be wise to step away.Personally, I make sure I use this as a reward for doing what I've planned to do for the day. That way it's helping me with my business, not hindering me. It works most of the time. When it doesn't, I tend to be away for a few days. LOL!

I am really clueless!

chefkristin said:
I am really clueless!

That's o.k. Kristin, it was just my message to some of those I love making a change. ;)

If you don't get it, it wasn't meant to be for you. (Still love ya too though!)

I must have a crazy amount of self control or something (which I really don't think I do).
I might be on here a bit but if I see posts that are ridiculous or I don't agree with or I think are pointless or whatever, I just ignore them. Especially when I'm on here looking for something specific for the biz.
I just don't get how people get so sucked in... :p That's just me though

janetupnorth said:
Yes, seems more figured it out than who this was intended for.

I TOTALLY respect that. But for those of us who aren't looking for Directorship at this time in life due to having many activities, I will miss the depth here that they bring.

I work on recruiting all the time, but some of it IS a numbers game. I am not at the amount of shows per month to build a team and sustain it. I refuse to push to directorship for the wrong reasons.

So, I hope some of you bring the useful good stuff back here for some of us like me to benefit from.

...come visit and stay away from the silliness or controversy if you don't have time for it.

I just wanted to say "bye - miss ya" to those who are staying mainly over

there!
I agree with you, Janet! I will miss you guys, but totally understand why you need to hang out with directors...you are directors now and you need to be around other directors, but please come back and post with us and give us wonderful things to think about and challenge us!

My goal is to be over there within the next 18-24 moths- so take care guys and best of luck to you in your growing businesses and clusters! We'd still like to hear about your victories and accomplishments! :)

Kacey is going to come back ON FIRE!Kacey - PM me about how your day turned out.

OK my brain is not working....are you:
- moving to another board
- putting the world on ignore
- taking a break from CS

In any event, Janet, I will miss your posts, especially on controversial topics. You have a lot to say, and you say it well.

susanr613 said:
- taking a break from CS

In any event, Janet, I will miss your posts, especially on controversial topics. You have a lot to say, and you say it well.

I'm not going ANYWHERE! He-he!
It was bye to those focusing on their business more than being on here. I will miss their input!

susanr613 said:
- taking a break from CS

Susan, some directors are leaving CS and going over to Director Success instead...it's a little of too many non-biz related topics and the fact that we are addicting! :) But once you become a director I know that how you look at things and think and run your time and your business changes...so I can understand people needing to take a break from CS- I just hope they don't disappear for good. That would be sad.

I'm fine with it too, just will miss them. ...and you guys better not be talking about us "behind our backs"...so to speak. ;)

janetupnorth said:
Kacey is going to come back ON FIRE!

Kacey - PM me about how your day turned out.

Yes I am- I had a recruit, at the night I was supposed to be a FD my second one backed out because of my director- she was in my directors networking group but did not like her much- she met me and loved me and my director never tried to recruit her- so one day when the three of us were sitting around I told her she'd be a great consultant and she should consider joining. She said she would if she could sign under me.

Well it wasn't worth the small war it started, so she backed out to save me the trouble it was causing... I also had two other's waiting to go, but they didn't like my director either, and had heard things about her director that they didn't care for.... so I will choose my new director very carefully! If I can get that many recruiting leads and people ready to sign like I did in my first 6 months, then I can do it again the next time around. :)

Well, I'm not leaving - just cutting back! I don't want to lose my Director status, I want to earn my overrides, and I want to grow my business. Which means, I have to work more and play less! CS is addicting! I love you guys and I would never leave you, but for my own good I have to start exercizing more discipline. I want to hear my name at conference and walk that stage and get me some bling and earn a vacation, and promote to an upper level director, and move to a higher lever Career Club table, and be one of those consultants that I admire. So, I gotta work my bootay a little harder for it. I'll be around, just not as much. If you miss me or need me, pop me a PM or an email ( [email protected] )

Smootches!

OHHHHHH now I get it! Thanks for explaining! Yes, CS can get addictive, especially if you enjoy the OT conversations or ones that go OT.

Janet, I'm glad you're not leaving :)

susanr613 said:
OHHHHHH now I get it! Thanks for explaining! Yes, CS can get addictive, especially if you enjoy the OT conversations or ones that go OT.

Janet, I'm glad you're not leaving :)

Yup, that's me... the OT Queen! ;) Great, I've scared them away! :cry:

pamperedlinda said:
Well, I'm not leaving - just cutting back! I don't want to lose my Director status, I want to earn my overrides, and I want to grow my business. Which means, I have to work more and play less! CS is addicting! I love you guys and I would never leave you, but for my own good I have to start exercizing more discipline. I want to hear my name at conference and walk that stage and get me some bling and earn a vacation, and promote to an upper level director, and move to a higher lever Career Club table, and be one of those consultants that I admire. So, I gotta work my bootay a little harder for it. I'll be around, just not as much. If you miss me or need me, pop me a PM or an email ( [email protected] )

Smootches!

Linda, I completely understand! You go and work that business and become UBER successful and get your bling! I'll be there with dark sunglasses on taking pictures of you in all your blingfabulous glory! :)

I understand where the directors are coming from but we'll miss you. It's not really my goal to grow a team, but I do want to be successful. With a lack of a director, I come here to keep me motivated. Please remember to come back and share and laugh with us!

I've noticed some regulars who aren't around anymore - bummer! I really looked to them for good advice, esp. since I have no director right now. I guess I'll have to just lurk at DCS and try to get their vibes by osmosis! (and try to promote QUICK!) ;) Miss you already!!

Yes, their wisdom will be missed:(!

pampchefrhondab said:
Yes, their wisdom will be missed:(!

Hey, we still have Ann and KG, and there are others like Rae, Diane V, Janet and Beth, Cathy and Becky and Rennea, Meg... lots others- MANY others that have great insight, good ideas and wisdom, and they even share some not so usefull- but fun knowledge...and we also have the king of puns over here! (KG!!!) Oh, and we have LeftyMac and the Swedish Chef (Mr Pampered Chef)... so we do have quite a bit to be happy about!

Plus, I'm here- which is probably why they left in the first place! :) LOL

So chins up, Ladies... we still have quite a few wonderful, eagar, happy, helpful people over here

Kitchen Diva said:
Hey, we still have Ann and KG, and there are others like Rae, Diane V, Janet and Beth, Cathy and Becky and Rennea, Meg... lots others- MANY others that have great insight, good ideas and wisdom, and they even share some not so usefull- but fun knowledge...and we also have the king of puns over here! (KG!!!) Oh, and we have LeftyMac and the Swedish Chef (Mr Pampered Chef)... so we do have quite a bit to be happy about!

So chins up, Ladies... we still have quite a few wonderful, eagar, happy, helpful people over here

Speak for yourself - I'm trying to stick with one! :cool:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply we didn't still have great people here - after all I'm still here too:)!!

Hey Rhonda if we have you what more do we need!!!!!!:):)

Rawwwww cheering from the CS crowd!!:D

Kitchen Diva said:
Ringggg, Rinnnnggg.... It's your phone Ann! :) LOL

Yah...I wish it were that easy!!!

The director's loop is very focused on business and very little OT items. Thank you for counting me in as contributing to CS. I see the richness of both loops and I, like Rae, will only go on once I either have my work done, before or after I would be on the phone.

I am taking time off from my school job so I have more time (still not getting housework done, however!!)

I know for a fact that those choosing to stay on DS is not meant to slight anyone. I'll keep em' in line!!! You never know, they may just not be able to take the withdrawl too long!!

Also, I too pick and choose what threads I go on. I would love to give prayers and help everyone, but it just isn't possible. So it is not meant to slight anyone, it is just a matter of managing time.

Lastly, I agree about keeping my chins up...it's tough but I try to keep all three of them up:eek:!!

I totally understand those reasons, Ann - I need to do more of that myself! I just like coming here to get what I don't get from my non-existent upline!! :)

pamperedlinda said:

Smootches!

:( Bye for now Linda!:cry: Someday I hope to join the ranks of you all at DS!:chef: Good luck and bust that Bootay of yours to earn and reach those goals and dreams!

I understand as well. The only time I allow myself to read all threads is when I have insomnia and can't sleep. I need to get in the practice of not allowing myself to come on until after I made my 3 contacts, so I can post in 3-2-1 and then have some fun :) Also, when school starts back up again I probably won't be on as much either, as btwn school, work and PC I have no free time whatsoever! So good luck to everyone and I hope we see you occasionally and everyone needs some OT once and a while for a smile :)

I'm staying off both except for info but then I come and catch up late at night. I know I should be sleeping, so don't tell me that, but it's been a difficult, long hard day and my friend has her lumpectomy tomorrow so I'm up for a variety of reasons. I love both CS & DCS and I'll keep popping up both places!

quiverfull7 said:
I'm staying off both except for info but then I come and catch up late at night. I know I should be sleeping, so don't tell me that, but it's been a difficult, long hard day and my friend has her lumpectomy tomorrow so I'm up for a variety of reasons. I love both CS & DCS and I'll keep popping up both places!

Pray those confessions, Diane- and may you be blessed with wonderful sleep tonight! I will continue to pray for your friend... :)

Thanks! You're the best! All of you here are just the best! I'm just in a puddle tonight so I best get off here before I short circuit my keyboard. I think I'm out of sweet tea too... what a bummer! Prayer will have to replace that tea! Good night!

I can understand both sides of the coin but sometimes I feel there is a point when some things are better not said. Not saying to be mean at all I am going to miss linda she has been a delight and so has the others I guess we all get to the point in our business where we do what we with it. Some just wanna be a consultant and others wanna be a career of it which is totally fine. I just find this isn't so much a way of social for me but I have noticed that I am picking and choosing which topics i wanna read/post probably cause I am thinking they are pointless or just not for me and then they really strike a nerve and i post.

I am at this point where I don't know how or far I wanna go with promoting... Right now I am a FD and it isn't as good as D but you know there are days I feel like we FD struggle to keep it just as hard as a D has to I have been a D and I lost mine for many different reason's not cause I was on this site cause I wasn't but for other things.

We come here to get advice from D's which is awesome and then there are times I feel like FD's don't get much applause for the things they doing. Sorry if I am going off on my soap box but that is how I am feeling I guess you all can take it or leave it.

But I hope all you D's that are taking a step back from CS find all the things you are looking for wish you best all of luck :) I am happy for you knowing when you need to focus on business.

I am still staying and like Kacey said we have alot of people on here with great advice and maybe this is their time to shine.

Kitchen Diva said:

What about ME!!!???:cry:

I'm a Director and YES I spend too much time on here but, I DO work my business consistently and am growing my team as well. I actually come here more than Director CS and stop in from time to time here while making calls or late at night like right now!:D

christinaspc said:
I can understand both sides of the coin but sometimes I feel there is a point when some things are better not said. Not saying to be mean at all I am going to miss linda she has been a delight and so has the others I guess we all get to the point in our business where we do what we with it. Some just wanna be a consultant and others wanna be a career of it which is totally fine. I just find this isn't so much a way of social for me but I have noticed that I am picking and choosing which topics i wanna read/post probably cause I am thinking they are pointless or just not for me and then they really strike a nerve and i post.

I am at this point where I don't know how or far I wanna go with promoting... Right now I am a FD and it isn't as good as D but you know there are days I feel like we FD struggle to keep it just as hard as a D has to I have been a D and I lost mine for many different reason's not cause I was on this site cause I wasn't but for other things.

We come here to get advice from D's which is awesome and then there are times I feel like FD's don't get much applause for the things they doing. Sorry if I am going off on my soap box but that is how I am feeling I guess you all can take it or leave it.

But I hope all you D's that are taking a step back from CS find all the things you are looking for wish you best all of luck :) I am happy for you knowing when you need to focus on business.

I am still staying and like Kacey said we have alot of people on here with great advice and maybe this is their time to shine.

I'm giving you APPLAUSE!!!:love: I can relate as I've been selling PC since Nov '98 and was a FD for the majority of that time. Not because I didn't want Directorship by all means. It just took me a long long time to build and keep a team. Getting that 1st five is definitely the toughest.

janetupnorth said:
It becomes a vicious circle. Directors get fed up with the whining and griping, so they leave. But without their expertise the whining and griping get worse.Now, please don't take that the wrong way. We all need to vent a little now and then. But there seems to be a lot of people (and more in the past year than back in the "CS old days") who don't want to be held accountable for their own success or lack thereof. They post a complaint about their business not being as good as they would like, and then get all defensive when someone suggests that they actually WORK their biz instead of just griping about it. That doesn't help anyone. Just think about the power this place would have if we focused on positive suggestions and celebrating successes. Instead, half of the threads on a given day (this week being off the norm since there is still a lot of conference discussion happening) are full of negativity. And I'm not saying that we need to stop our joking around completely. That's what the Lounge is for, after all. And it's easy enough for someone to skip the Lounge when they're feeling productive and want to focus on business topics. But it's disheartening when one opens a topic room and half the thread titles include "I can't", "Nobody wants to", or other complaining words.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/thsoapbox.gif I'll get off my soapbox now.

Well said, Ann.

Good point, Ann. Thanks!

I'm staying, but going back to using CS as it was intended: a community to help each other with their business. I love DCS because there is less 'chat', no drama, and less posting just to say 'me too'....though we do thank each other like crazy. ;)

So...my self-imposed rules to keep my CS time in check:
Read anything new on Paige.
If a new thread is business related, I'll scroll over it.
If a thread will help my business, I'll read it.
If I think what I have to say will help someone's business, I'll post.
Prayer requests will be answered with prayer (not a post saying I'm praying).
If I really have something to say on a non-PC post, I'll PM or email directly.
Kudos, encouragement, and applause is always available to give. :sing:
Occassionally I'll wander to the lounge...primarily to catch a smile and to touch base with my friend and favorite kitchen guy.:love:

I am dedicated to my business and I love CS, but OT-posts take time away from my business, my family, and the other things I love.:chef:

(By the way Ann, great post! You are CS).

I am with Kris......I even pm'd a few of my cyber friends to tell them to keep in touch via email because I wouldn't be playing here as frequently....my goal is to only be on CS before 9 am and after 9 pm.....when I cannot be on the phone!

You all are a great community and are a wealth of info, so don't hesitate to email me when you wanna get in touch [email protected]

The only irony I see is that many have said "I'll only go to CS to check for files I need".

Soooo, that means they want to use our expertise....and take...but don't want to give anymore.

And I'm not trying to be snotty - but that is what's being said.

I am very quick to share what is working for me, and I try to be on before calls, but sometimes, I realize as I am working on a file, or E-mailing info to a recruit, that I saw something on CS pertaining to that, and I am back on to find it. This is such a wealth of info, if used properly, but if you are not wanting to work your business, this is a great distraction, and a you can fool yourself into thinking that this is helping your business, when in reality, it is just fluff! All things in moderation !

<h2>1. What is "Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends"? </h2><p>"Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends" is a book written by a former Pampered Chef consultant, expressing her gratitude and saying goodbye to her friends and colleagues in the company.</p><h2>2. Where can I purchase a copy of the book?</h2><p>The book is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website, as well as major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.</p><h2>3. Is the book only for Pampered Chef consultants?</h2><p>No, the book is meant for anyone who has been a part of the Pampered Chef community or has an interest in the company. It can also be a meaningful read for those who have experienced saying goodbye to friends and loved ones.</p><h2>4. Can I read an excerpt from the book before purchasing it?</h2><p>Yes, an excerpt of the book is available on the Pampered Chef website for you to read before making a purchase decision.</p><h2>5. Will there be a sequel to "Goodbye for Now"?</h2><p>At this time, there are no plans for a sequel. However, the author may choose to write another book in the future.</p>

1. What is "Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends"?

"Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends" is a book written by a former Pampered Chef consultant, expressing her gratitude and saying goodbye to her friends and colleagues in the company.

2. Where can I purchase a copy of the book?

The book is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website, as well as major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

3. Is the book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, the book is meant for anyone who has been a part of the Pampered Chef community or has an interest in the company. It can also be a meaningful read for those who have experienced saying goodbye to friends and loved ones.

4. Can I read an excerpt from the book before purchasing it?

Yes, an excerpt of the book is available on the Pampered Chef website for you to read before making a purchase decision.

5. Will there be a sequel to "Goodbye for Now"?

At this time, there are no plans for a sequel. However, the author may choose to write another book in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rennea
  • Ann F
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies