• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ignoring Mean People: My First Experience

In summary, the conversation focuses on the discussion of putting someone on the ignore list on a website called CS. The participants share their experiences with mean people on the site and discuss a particular individual who has been attacking others. There is also mention of checking out the situation and supporting each other. The conversation ends with a humorous exchange about dealing with the situation and one participant expressing gratitude for the support of others.
ChefLisa
I learned how to put someone on the ignore list today on CS. I do not like mean people! This was the first time someone was mean enough for me to do that.

ooooo, do tell as to who it was?????!!!! I am sooooo nosey!
I only have one person on my list from over there.....I think she is on everyones!

I don't have one person on it but I may tonight. She is going way too far with Carolyn. I mean, personally attacking someone b/c the nights she does her shows and such. Give me a break!!!

chefmeg said:
ooooo, do tell as to who it was?????!!!! I am sooooo nosey!
I only have one person on my list from over there.....I think she is on everyones!

It looks like you found it!! :)

ROFL - the whole thread has me cracking up - -- Lisa, Meg, Tarducci...I love you girls!

No problem! we've got your back!! :p

Oh boy, I'll have to go check out the action over there. My fair booth I was going to leave for in 10 minutes just got canceled, but the sitter is on her way over. I am going to go to Panera and grab some coffee and get some phone calls done. I hope!

pamperedbecky said:
Oh boy, I'll have to go check out the action over there. My fair booth I was going to leave for in 10 minutes just got canceled, but the sitter is on her way over. I am going to go to Panera and grab some coffee and get some phone calls done. I hope!

Smart move!! Get on the phone! :)

pamperedbecky said:

Paris! Here comes Becky!

pamperedbecky said:

Way to work your business! Don't forget to check in with your results!

yep, I found it.......you should all check out her "tone" on the thread I did about my dog and soggy boot camp.

I don't know what it is about some people, but her attitude comes shining right through when she types....

Carolyn, I think I was waiting for you to go all "Jersey" on her.....but, nooooooo, you took the high road!

chefmeg said:
yep, I found it.......you should all check out her "tone" on the thread I did about my dog and soggy boot camp.

I don't know what it is about some people, but her attitude comes shining right through when she types....

Carolyn, I think I was waiting for you to go all "Jersey" on her.....but, nooooooo, you took the high road!

I held it together pretty well for a chick with PMS, huh???

dannyzmom said:

Most definitely! How much ice cream did that take?

dannyzmom said:

Yes you did! I read this one after the topic switched back or I would have smacked her down for you too, how dare she pick on you like that. She was so wrong!

ChefLisa said:
Most definitely! How much ice cream did that take?

I had 6 mini-snickers-bars for breakfast...and an Oreo Cakester for my afternoo nsnack (they're nasty, btw)

pamperedlinda said:
Yes you did! I read this one after the topic switched back or I would have smacked her down for you too, how dare she pick on you like that. She was so wrong!

Oddly enough, I didn't feel "picked on," - I just felt bad for ChefSteph for being so ignorant.

Hey - would someone mind pointing out to KG that my name is CAROLYN and not CAROLINE. I don't have the energy to go up against him tonight - LOL

I can't bear to read another bunch of garbage like this so, can someone PM me so I can add to my iggy list? Actually, I am about to put the entire site on iggy!!!

Hey, Carolyn, as you have offered to me before....you let me know who it is and we will ALL tease our hair and load it with hairspray, sharpen our painted nails and go JERSEY on them!!!

dannyzmom said:
Oddly enough, I didn't feel "picked on," - I just felt bad for ChefSteph for being so ignorant.

Hey - would someone mind pointing out to KG that my name is CAROLYN and not CAROLINE. I don't have the energy to go up against him tonight - LOL

Maybe he is writing about someone else named Caroline!:rolleyes:

pampmomof3 said:
Way to work your business! Don't forget to check in with your results!

Well, I never did go look at that thread because I've held off so far on opening THAT THREAD.:) Maybe I'll still hold off. I can guess who has this nasty attitude, though. Sorry to hear about all the crap over there, Carolyn, if you're receiving a lot of it!!!

Anyway, my time out of the house tonight wasn't all that much time, but for just making a handful of phone calls, I had good results! One catalog show for Sept, a potential show for Oct or Nov once she gets to know more people, a $45 order, and a future likely order because she wanted my website to see the new products and possibly order. Not too bad for just a handful of phone calls. The beauty of using a cell phone - people I think pick up the phone more than if they see my name.:blushing:

pamperedbecky said:
Well, I never did go look at that thread because I've held off so far on opening THAT THREAD.:) Maybe I'll still hold off. I can guess who has this nasty attitude, though. Sorry to hear about all the crap over there, Carolyn, if you're receiving a lot of it!!!

Anyway, my time out of the house tonight wasn't all that much time, but for just making a handful of phone calls, I had good results! One catalog show for Sept, a potential show for Oct or Nov once she gets to know more people, a $45 order, and a future likely order because she wanted my website to see the new products and possibly order. Not too bad for just a handful of phone calls. The beauty of using a cell phone - people I think pick up the phone more than if they see my name.:blushing:

Great results! I will get on the phone tomorrow! Maybe I will try the cell phone!

ChefLisa said:
Great results! I will get on the phone tomorrow! Maybe I will try the cell phone!

Definitely try the cell phone. If you're just finding that you don't seem to be reaching live people - try it! When we've done cook and book meetings, it seems that those who use their cell phones got a hold of more people!

Good luck!!! My small success with it tonight makes me want to do more calls tomorrow.:)

I have no idea what you are all talking about! I hate when I miss the good stuff :)
But here is more JERSEY behind you!!

Ironically, when I come on here, on the main page, we can see the most recent threads on CS... 6 out of 15 are business related.

Guess that says it all...

pamperedbecky said:

That's great Becky!! Maybe I should try that tonight with my cell!!

1. How do I handle mean people in a professional setting?

Ignoring mean people in a professional setting can be challenging, but it's important to remain calm and maintain your professionalism. One way to handle it is to simply ignore their behavior and focus on your work. You can also address the issue directly with the person in a calm and assertive manner, or speak to a supervisor for guidance.

2. Is it okay to ignore mean people?

Ignoring mean people is a personal choice, but it can be an effective way to avoid confrontation and maintain your own peace of mind. It's important to set boundaries and not let their behavior affect you emotionally. However, if the mean behavior becomes harmful or crosses a line, it may be necessary to address it with the appropriate authorities.

3. How can I avoid getting upset by mean people?

One way to avoid getting upset by mean people is to practice self-care and focus on your own well-being. This can include taking breaks, engaging in stress-relieving activities, and surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people. It's also helpful to remind yourself that their mean behavior is a reflection of their own issues, not yours.

4. What if ignoring the mean person doesn't work?

If ignoring the mean person doesn't work, it may be necessary to address the issue directly. This can include calmly confronting the person and expressing how their behavior is affecting you. If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to involve a supervisor or HR representative to find a resolution.

5. How can I maintain a positive attitude when dealing with mean people?

Maintaining a positive attitude when dealing with mean people can be challenging, but it's important to remember that you have control over your own emotions. Focus on the good aspects of your job and surround yourself with positive influences. It's also helpful to practice gratitude and remind yourself of your own worth and value, regardless of how others may treat you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Nay
  • Chef Kearns
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • kcjodih