• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou Are Walking, What Are You Wearing?

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Style%20Sheet/Capris/Navy-Capri/I love it in Navy Kimberlee. Super cute. I also liked the faux wrapped...http://www.coldwatercreek.com/Products/Style%20Sheet/Capris/Navy-Capri/
KimberleePowell
This year is my first year to walk across stage. I will be walking as a New Director. I am very excited! Every year that I go to conference and watch the recognition part of general session, I see all kinds of "styles" go across stage. I have seen people dressed like they were ready for prom. I have also seen people way under-dressed for the occassion. I am just curious as to what those of you who are walking will be wearing?

I'm still looking for "THE" outfit. :eek:

Becky,
I wish you luck in looking for "THE" outfit. I am trying to be budget savvy. I have a couple of things in my closet that might work and I can just purchase a couple of things to go with outfit instead of a whole new outfit. My husband gave me a budget to work with and I can't decide what I want to do yet...

I Becky I am doing the same looking for "the outfit" I can't seem to figure out what I want .... decision decision...

Well we have a little over a month to find "THE" outfit. Best of luck :)

KimberleePowell said:
Becky,
I wish you luck in looking for "THE" outfit. I am trying to be budget savvy. I have a couple of things in my closet that might work and I can just purchase a couple of things to go with outfit instead of a whole new outfit. My husband gave me a budget to work with and I can't decide what I want to do yet...
I'm also trying to figure out if I can use some of what I already have....but I don't have a lot of dressy stuff - and some of what I do have is old. However, for my May paycheck, I will be getting my "promoting to director" bonus, and I had a consultant who qualified in 30 days, and signed during the double recruiting bonus promo, so I'll be getting that also - so I'm going to use some of that to splurge a little. :DI also thought about going and getting a manicure and pedicure, which I haven't done since my son was born. (6 years ago!)

I think I'm going to wear a summer dress I bought a while back with a short sleeve cardigan. Unless I happen to come across one that calls and cries to me! lol

What I need to find are "THE" shoes! Not stylish ones (as I'll never be considered fashion savvy), but rather comfortable ones. :D

My big question is, do I want to wear a dress or pants... Oh the decisions :)

Laurie,
Clarks have some great comfy and cute shoes these days...

I vote for a dress Kimberlee....for purely selfish reasons....that way I don't feel overdressed! ;D

A dress would be cute... I love Eddie Bauer. Some of the dresses that I am looking at are here...
http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Women/Dresses--Skirts/index.cat#ppl=%7Btype%3A%22hide%22%7D
I love the Sleeveless Embroidered V-Neck Dress in both the navy and white. I would pair it with a cute casual jacket...
What do you think?

I'm not walking (unless God amazingly blesses my business this month!!), but I like Laurie's choice. Last year was my first at NC, but I felt those 'prom dress' choices were a little over the top, personally. Yes, it is a VERY special occasion, and I don't want to downplay that, but you'll only get about 2 minutes of individual recognition while on stage, then you're lost in the crowd. The 'crowd' will be especially big this year, too, since there aren't separate waves. You will have your picture taken with Jean and Marla, so definitely don't underdress, but going for the princess look will be a bit much.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I think I'm going to wear a summer dress I bought a while back with a short sleeve cardigan. Unless I happen to come across one that calls and cries to me! lol

What I need to find are "THE" shoes! Not stylish ones (as I'll never be considered fashion savvy), but rather comfortable ones. :D

See, I'm really hoping to find a pair that are somewhat stylish and also comfortable...because my shoes MUST be comfortable!

KimberleePowell said:
My big question is, do I want to wear a dress or pants... Oh the decisions :)

...or Capri's. I've seen some really dressy ones that I like online at Coldwater Creek. But I want them to also be inexpensive. Therein lies the problem.

I am willing to pay a bit for items as long as I know that I will get plenty of wear out of the clothing.

I love it in Navy Kimberlee. Super cute. I also liked the faux wrapped printed knit dress in chestnut and orchid.

You can easily dress up and down, and be able to use it all summer long.

Laurie- That is what I was thinking too :) I am still not for sure yet, but that is the look that I am leaning towards...

Oh trust me Becky....I'll be looking for cute in my quest for comfortable shoes! Sadly, I can see myself tripping on stage or having to remove them before walking because I'll be in pain, so I need to remind myself that I'm looking for comfort and ease over style. :(

Just my nickel and dime....no capris....no matter how "dressy" they are.

Laurie,
If it makes you feel any better- I rarely (like maybe once a year) wear heels. When I do wear them, I am not comfortable and I have this "trip over everything in sight syndrome going...

lol....sadly, it does make me feel better. :D

I'm always distracted or absent minded, so I forget to pay attn to where I'm walking. I hadn't worn heels in over 8 years! Just recently I've been playing with them for small periods of time, now that my meds help and I don't have to run around chasing my kiddos.

I think you're on the right path with your choice.....course, it's totally on par with my tastes. he he

So Laurie, are you an Eddie Bauer girl too?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Oh trust me Becky....I'll be looking for cute in my quest for comfortable shoes! Sadly, I can see myself tripping on stage or having to remove them before walking because I'll be in pain, so I need to remind myself that I'm looking for comfort and ease over style. :(

Just my nickel and dime....no capris....no matter how "dressy" they are.

I'd trip too, or I'd be limping.

I did find this one dress - I really like it, and I could wear it with a summer cardigan, and if I order it now, it's half-off & free shipping (I'd never pay full price for it!).

Coldwater Creek

Laurie, did I ONLY see you on the bus last year? Somehow, I did not have the impression of you being either clumsy or style-less!

OOOH....that's pretty Becky!

pampchefsarah said:
Laurie, did I ONLY see you on the bus last year? Somehow, I did not have the impression of you being either clumsy or style-less!

Awww Sarah! I love you! :D

I like my style...it's casual and basic...sometimes hippy, most times random. Just will never be fashion savvy or fashion forward, and that's ok.

In regards to clumsy....we were sitting down! What you may not have seen was me bump a few passengers with my lunch bag as I made my way to the seat. :blushing:

I wish my coffee had kicked in by the time I met you, as I regret that we didn't talk all that much. I remember thinking how friendly and cheerful you were, and it looks like I was right. Can't wait to connect better this year!:thumbup:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
OOOH....that's pretty Becky!

I'm thinking I might get it....it will be easier to find shoes if I know what I'm wearing, right?:eek:

Becky- that dress is super cute! You should get it:)

Kimberlee....before the kiddos and when my money was mine to spend, I did love Eddie Bauer! I like simple and comfy. Dresses and skirts are nice because they look like you made an effort and it feels like you're wearing PJ's. :D I moved towards pants when the kids were born....too much bending and running.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm thinking I might get it....it will be easier to find shoes if I know what I'm wearing, right?:eek:

Sounds practical and logical to me! :D

Laurie, that makes sense. I don't have children at the moment. Jordan and I hit six years of marriage next week. We both work full time jobs and he is in grad school as well. We want to wait till he finishes before we think about kids...

Congrats on about to hit 6 years! Good idea on waiting a bit....though you never can be fully prepared, it's smart to try and get as many pieces in place.

Tristan was a gift from GOD. I was going to be the "cool aunt" and not the tired momma. God had other plans, and as always HE knew what was best. I didn't understand unconditional love until Tristan, and being pregnant with him was my saving grace. I lost my dad weeks before learning I was pregnant and would not have taken such care of myself were I not responsible for another growing life.

When you two do decide it's time to run and chase your own kiddos....you can send all those beautiful dresses and heels my way. :D

We are definitely trying to have a few things in place before having kids:) I married a very organized in the planning dept. kind of husband. I don't know how many pairs of heels I will be passing your way - I don't wear heels. Let's just say that I am not graceful in heels :(

KimberleePowell said:
A dress would be cute... I love Eddie Bauer. Some of the dresses that I am looking at are here...
http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Women/Dresses--Skirts/index.cat#ppl=%7Btype%3A%22hide%22%7D
I love the Sleeveless Embroidered V-Neck Dress in both the navy and white. I would pair it with a cute casual jacket...
What do you think?

I LOVE IT..that is so cute

Isn't it fun :) It makes me think of summer- in a positive way.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'd trip too, or I'd be limping.

I did find this one dress - I really like it, and I could wear it with a summer cardigan, and if I order it now, it's half-off & free shipping (I'd never pay full price for it!).

Coldwater Creek

Becky I really like that.

I just ordered it. :) My niece is getting married at the end of the summer, and this will also solve the "what to wear to the wedding" dilemma!:D

Whoo Hoo! See, 1 dress....2 impt events, and for a great price! Yay!!

Way to go Becky!!! Now you know what you will be wearing :) Now you can look for shoes...

Hmmm....thoughts?

Attachments

• pump 1.jpg
    pump 1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 292
  • pump 1a.jpg
    pump 1a.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 288
  • pump 2.jpg
    pump 2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 270
  • pump 2a.jpg
    pump 2a.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
They are cute but I would trip in them :(

Too Funny. I wonder if I'll slip too, plus coming down the stairs. Think I'll just go with a wedge or flats.

KimberleePowell said:
Way to go Becky!!! Now you know what you will be wearing :) Now you can look for shoes...

...and accessories. I'm so bad at accessorizing. Shoes, Sweater, Jewelry - no good at it. That's why I sell Kitchen Tools!:D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Hmmm....thoughts?

I think the 2nd one is especially classy! You'd almost have to try them on to see if you can walk comfortably in them, though. (at least, I would!)

LOL.... I never thought of it that way, but I am not usually the best at putting clothing and jewelry together either. I am good at selling Pampered Chef Products though...

I see a trend with the 3 of us. lol Might be why we're all helping each other out. I forget to accessorize, and shoes tend to be an afterthought since they're required....I have my wedding ring, a couple of toe rings, a necklace and earrings I never take off....so I never think about changing it up. ha ha

I like both pairs, but you're right Becky....I'd need to try them on. Oh well, I'll worry about it later...probably in a panic.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I see a trend with the 3 of us. lol Might be why we're all helping each other out. I forget to accessorize, and shoes tend to be an afterthought since they're required....I have my wedding ring, a couple of toe rings, a necklace and earrings I never take off....so I never think about changing it up. ha ha

I like both pairs, but you're right Becky....I'd need to try them on. Oh well, I'll worry about it later...probably in a panic.

Totally describes me! My husband and son actually love to buy me jewelry...but it does no good when it just sits in my jewelry box!

Oh - and you do better than I do - the only thing I consistently wear is my wedding set. Sometimes I remember to put on a necklace.

Yup. I love jewelry, but more for it's uniqueness and it sits in my box too.

The necklace was a gift from the hubby and he was especially proud of it, so on it went and there it stayed.

The earrings are a gift that my son and daughter picked out for me. Again, on it went and there it stayed. =)

Toe rings I've had since I was younger. Always liked them and were my reply to those well meaning ladies who would say, "A young lady should wear at least 1 piece of jewelry"....I'd pop my feet out and promptly shut them up. :D

I wear Silver ball earrings and my wedding rings- that is it...

I recall several years ago seeing sparkly evening gowns walking across the stage and I, myself even went for a hotsie totsie number a few years back. But I think things have toned down quite a bit over the years. Last year I wore a black pantsuit when walking as a new AD and a blue blazer with black pants when walking for TPC. This year it's a toss-up between pantsuits - blue with pinstripes, brown with pinstripes, or solid black. And then I need to figure out what colored blouse underneath and accessorize properly. I have a pantsuit similar to this one just not with the ruffly top underneath.
http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/productDetailWithPicker.jsp?productId=prod1930006&categoryId=cat60072&FLCat=cat60036&productId=prod1930006&categoryId=cat60072&addFacet=1002:cat60072

I love that pantsuit Carolyn. I have never been able to carry off a suit. :(

I want to promote so badly by July 1 but I don't want to walk. After reading all of this, now I'm even more anti-walking. The thought of everyone waiting and watching what you do and wear and the fact that I'm fat enough without being blown up on 3-4 big megatrons makes me want to be sick. Tell me again why you all get excited? LOL (that was rhetorical)

Should I walk, there will only be one option, pants all the way and prob flat sandals. This girl never does 'cutesy' shoes as God blessed me with wide, high arch & instep feet which equals, cutesy shows don't fit. I'm with Laurie though, I'd fall on my face in anything other than flat and safe. :)

I vote with the Eddie Bauer post as that is my all time fav store but the dress from Coldwater Creek is really adorable if you're a dress kinda gal. I haven' worn a dress in so long I wouldn't even know where to start. LOL

I enjoyed checking out your fashions. Good stuff ladies! (Laurie the shoes you posted to me don't seem like 'you')

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• armywyf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
bethsbiz