• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Were a Fundraiser, I Would Be Most Successful in What Month?

In summary, Brenda is considering January as the best month for a fundraiser. She suggests items such as iTunes gift cards, a manicure or pedicure, or gift cards to the local boutique.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
Wahoo! My daughter's choir director FINALLY said yes to having a fundraiser! She has said she wants to have it either January or February. What would you recommend?

I know my January bookings are usually the worst, but this might be a good opportunity to boost my sales a bit.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Honestly, if I were a fundraiser, I would say October/November would be the best month-holiday gift giving season! People are willing to fork out tons of cash on crap they don't need for people they don't like, all in the spirit of giving and the hopes of it being reciprocated!

Unfortunately, my options are January or February. I'd love November or December too, but I'll take what I can get! I've wanted my foot in this door for over a year and I've finally gotten an opportunity.

Brenda.the.chef said:
Unfortunately, my options are January or February. I'd love November or December too, but I'll take what I can get! I've wanted my foot in this door for over a year and I've finally gotten an opportunity.

It is a tough call. People are probably shopped out from Christmas but if they didnt get good gifts themselves or if they got cash, they might want to shop for themselves. They could order gifts for valentine's day (which feb would be too late). I am not one to promote kitchen tools for vday through because I know quite a few women who would be insulted by domestic gifts for that holiday. Honest I would do it in the month that benefits me the most. If sell a thon is still in january, I would say january.

I was wondering when sell a thons are... I've never paid much attention because I've never really worked towards those particular goals... this time I want to and I believe January was our last SAT, right?

To tell you the truth Brenda, in my 2 years with PC, both January's have been my highest selling months. I don't know why, I just seem to be good at booking January and then I make loaded baked potato chowder in the dcb at the shows and the women go wild, give me all their money. Maybe it's the soup?? Or, maybe their tired of spending on everyone else and they want to make that soup for themselves and NEED that pot to do it. (the dcb kinda pot, not a dooby...of course, that kind would work too).

well.. this won't be a cooking show. This will be me coordinating with 40+ choir members to take catalogs and order forms home to gather orders and bring them back in a week. I'm thinking I am gonna roll with January and start my 2013 off with a strong start. Now to conjure up some ideas of what high school students would want as incentives to increase sales!?!?

I think January as well. Even though people will have spent for Christmas, when it is for a good cause I find they will spend.
I have one in the fall but they have yet to tell me when yet :/

We decided on January 8.... fresh off the holiday break and ending on January 22. There are 56 choir members and 10 board members that are anxious to help. What sort of prizes do you think I should come up with as incentives? What do high school students want these days? I know my daughter would say iTunes gift cards.I'm all ears for suggestions.

yes...iTunes is good....Claire's Boutique....a manicure or pedicure....or gift card to the local boutique the girls like to shop....gas card....Pizza Hut or some restaurant....movie theatre....just some I thought of off the top of my head...

carlajanes said:
yes...iTunes is good....Claire's Boutique....a manicure or pedicure....or gift card to the local boutique the girls like to shop....gas card....Pizza Hut or some restaurant....movie theatre....just some I thought of off the top of my head...

These are good. I would stick to gende neutral things, pizza, movies, music, etc. you could also do a group challenge like if the whole group sales xxxx you bring in pizza or something to celebrate.

Of course my daughter said iTunes and cash. She's a whole lotta help. lol. These are high school students so I will have to expand my research. lol

1. What is the best month to hold a fundraiser?

The best month to hold a fundraiser varies depending on the organization and target audience. However, generally speaking, the most successful months for fundraisers are September, October, and November. These months are popular for fundraisers because they fall during the holiday season when people are feeling more generous and in a giving mood.

2. Can I hold a successful fundraiser in the summer months?

Yes, it is possible to hold a successful fundraiser in the summer months, but it may require more planning and creativity. Many people are busy with vacations and outdoor activities during the summer, so it's important to choose the right date and promote the fundraiser well in advance. Consider hosting a fun outdoor event or partnering with a local business to attract more participants.

3. Are there any months to avoid for fundraisers?

It's not recommended to hold a fundraiser during the months of January and February. These months are typically slower in terms of donations and fundraising events, as people are recovering financially from the holiday season. Additionally, many people may be focused on their New Year's resolutions, making it harder to attract participants.

4. How can I determine the best month for my specific fundraiser?

The best month for your fundraiser will depend on several factors, such as your target audience, the cause you're supporting, and the type of fundraiser. Consider conducting a survey or reaching out to past donors to get their input on the best time for your fundraiser. You can also analyze data from previous fundraisers to see which months had the most success.

5. Are there any benefits to holding a fundraiser in December?

December can be a great month to hold a fundraiser, as it falls during the peak of the holiday season when people are feeling more generous. Additionally, many companies have end-of-year budgets that they need to use up, making them more open to donating to a good cause. However, keep in mind that December can also be a busy and expensive month for many people, so be mindful of choosing a date that won't conflict with other holiday events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies