• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifYou're Doing the Park N Ride From the Ho ...

In summary, attendees of Wave 3 are advised to pack light if they plan on parking at the HO and taking the shuttle to the Hilton. The check-in process at the Hilton can be long and attendees are responsible for carrying their luggage through the line and to the holding area. This area is not secure and attendees are advised to leave valuable items at the hotel or ship them home. It is recommended to bring a large suitcase on wheels to carry all purchases and to avoid carrying too many items on the first morning at the convention center. However, overall, the conference was a positive experience.
MomToEli
It's too late for Wave 2ers, but for you Wave 3ers who are planning on parking at the HO and being shuttled in from there, PACK LIGHT! And be ready for long check in lines at the Hilton!

When our bus was dropped off at the Hilton, we walked into the lobby to find an incredibly long line. You will be carrying/dragging/pushing your luggage through that line with you. That was ugly.

It was NASTY when we left. I hope you will find my experience helpful ....

First - leave the hotel EARLY. All that luggage you took in (for me, it was a briefcase, a small suitcase, my hanging bag and my purse), plus what you are either given or buy while you are there is coming with you. You drag it all outside and get in line (I had a bellman take my stuff down, but you can't keep the cart to get you through the line!) and keeping dragging it with you. When you finally load it on the bus and get on, you have maybe a 5 minute ride to McCormick, then you get out and you drag it all to the holding area. While it would seem logical to have that area somewhat close to where you would catch the bus again, that wasn't the case. You walk quite a long ways to put it in this special area we were told about in the letter.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This area is NOT secure and it is leave at your own risk! Unless you want to carry that laptop with you all morning, don't take it! You walk right on past the area where the bags are being checked for the airlines and being put into cages. You get to pile yours into a corded off area. The area is not just for you on the bus, but for anyone who wants to leave it there. I know the Hilton charged people to store their bags for them. I don't know if that caused people to want to put their stuff in this corded off area or not.

After you are all done you get to go back (we had about one hour and 45 minutes between the end of the last general session and when the bus left - it loaded about 20 minutes before departure) and then drag all that luggage right back to the spot you started from in the morning when you got off the bus! You get to stand in line with it again, and when they are ready, you get to take it to the driver to load it up.

I've been to many, many conferences and conventions in my life - I must be a snob or something ... I have NEVER had to handle my luggage like that. I promise you, I will not EVER do it again, either. I will plan NOW so I can pay $45/night for valet parking at the hotel so I don't have to do that again. It is only money.

I had a great time at conference, but this left a very negative impression that will last a long, long time.

So, take a big enough suitcase - on wheels! - so that you can take EVERYTHING in it. Be able to lock it, or don't take anything that if it gets "lost" (or stolen) that you can't live without it or it would risk compromising people's confidental info. If you buy anything there - ship it home! Paperwork that you can buy there is HEAVY - even in small quantities. The totes we've seen photos of are nice, but beware - take very, very little stuff with you to the convention center that first morning!

If this helps even one person plan better, I'm thrilled.

And this is the ONLY negative comment that will come from these lips regarding National Conference. Otherwise, it was incredible!

Didn't do the Park n Ride - but did take a train into Chicago....and I have to echo EVRYTHING Sandy just posted!

Those mini-catalogs, postcards, and t-shirts that you buy get VERY heavy.....especially when you have to carry them up and down several flights of stairs at the train station! The Hilton charges $2 per bag (including shopping bags etc....) to check your luggage - we had to check our luggage when we got there - because our room wasn't ready - and we had to check our luggage when we checked out also. The fee was only charged for the check-out time, but the "before check in" time the same amount is expected as a "tip"..........And the line was VERY long for check in of luggage, and also to recover your luggage.

I agree about the hotel. We thought about park n ride, but weren't excited about the hour on the bus and only having one time choice. We "pre-checked in" at 1pm and still didn't get in the room until 5pm! We were starving by then. Everything else was fine after that. We drove downtown and it should NOT be $45/night for parking b/c we do get a deal. Should be $25 for self-park. Also, if you have a GPS, the driving is MUCH easier. So glad we got one!!

1. What is the "Park N Ride" service from the hotel?

The "Park N Ride" service is a convenient transportation option offered by the hotel where you can park your car at the hotel and take a shuttle to your desired location. This service is often used for guests who want to avoid the hassle of finding and paying for parking at their destination.

2. How much does the "Park N Ride" service cost?

The cost of the "Park N Ride" service varies depending on the location and duration of your trip. Please contact the hotel directly for pricing and availability.

3. Do I need to make reservations for the "Park N Ride" service?

Reservations are recommended for the "Park N Ride" service to ensure availability and to secure your spot. However, walk-ins are also welcome based on availability.

4. How often do the shuttles run for the "Park N Ride" service?

The frequency of the shuttles for the "Park N Ride" service may vary depending on the location and time of day. Generally, shuttles run every 30 minutes during peak hours and every hour during off-peak hours.

5. Can I leave my car at the hotel for an extended period of time?

Yes, you can leave your car at the hotel for an extended period of time. However, additional fees may apply for longer durations. Please contact the hotel for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dawnsclassycupboard
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
3RingChef