• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating with a Movie: What Would You Recommend?

In summary, our youngest daughter woke up this morning with a swollen tonsil area. We are trying to figure out what to do about her sleepwalking and potty accidents at the dinner table.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
This week was my birthday and we didn't really celebrate by doing dinner, so hubby said Friday night we could do dinner and movie. Well I've got oldest dd (10 yr.) at friends for night and other 2 can go to friends for evening, so we can go to a "grown up" movie :).

What would you recommend?? Why?? I love most everything, but not into Horror and blood and guts.

Let me know.

Lisa

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioJulie & Julia is a great one! Good mix of humor and good story. If you like romantic comedies - The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds (yum!) is very funny and man is he hot:) The Hangover is a very raunchy comedy but very funny as well. I love seeing movies myself - have fun!

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? Reccomendatiodistrict 9 looks interesting, but for date night i'd definitely go for julie and julia

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioDistrict 9 was weird and a little gross at times. I love movie night too

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioMy hubby, brother and BIL all went to see District 9 together. My sister, SIL and I were like, "NO THANKS!" I'd see Julie/Julia, but my hubby would probably kill me, so I'd have to see that with my mom.

What about "All About Steve" (looks hysterical, Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper) or "Extract" (from the makers of Office Space, more of a guy flick, but I love me some Jason Bateman!).

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? Reccomendatiomy vote: "all about steve"....mhmm Bradley Cooper (hotty)...shhh don't tell my husband oh we can't see it lol

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioMy friends & I laughed thru most of The Proposal-didn't during the serious parts which were few. Highly recommend that one. D9 was odd-not a romantic date movie. Can't wait to see All About Steve & Julie & Julia. Both look real good.

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioAll About Steve looks good too - I agree that Bradley Cooper is quite the hottie!!

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? Reccomendatioloved julie & julia
my daughter and I also saw top grad with carol burnett not an awesome movie but it was funny

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioI'd go see Julie and Julia...why? Because it looks like a movie I'd like. I'd go without the kids, because my kids are all male, and they would rather go see a movie where someone had at least one weapon--cooking knives don't count. ;-)

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioIf you want to get a really good idea what's in a movie (if there's anything in movies you want to avoid)...check out Plugged In Online . They review movies--and they warn you before they give away spoilers.

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioWell it doesn't matter what we wanted to go see :( our middle daughter woke up this morning with temp and red and swollen tonsil area. She's a mess. :cry::cry::cry: I don't know who's feeling worse, Molly, me, or hubby.

We were so looking forward to adult conversation, being able to eat dinner without running to bathroom 16 times (ok maybe exageration, but seems that way with 3 girls) and missing key parts of movies. (G-Force had to take 2 girls different times and missed parts, so I've got to rent movie to have it make sense)

So my hubby said to me, what can I bring home for dinner for us, maybe make something quick for Molly (if she feels like eatting) and Margo and get them to bed :indif: and then maybe we can have our meal after that.

I said yeah right, Margo will have to be up seeing what we're doing or else the Mad Pee'er will strike again...yes I said it right, our youngest :eek: sleep pees. She sleep walks and thinks she's in potty and pees where ever she stops. Last night it was at entrance to their room, our oldest heard her, but it was too late. Last week she thought she was in potty and pulled down her pants and sat on side of her sisters bed (thank GOD it's got a protective covering) but sheets and floor needed work. What's worse, is she is TOTALLY :indif::indif: and doesn't even seem to wake up, you can shake her, put her on potty and help her clean herself up. Put her back to bed and in morning she's like "What :eek: I didn't do that! You're lying!"

So :cry: no movie tonight and no dinner out. I was looking forward to trying an awesome Italian place I've heard about and friends have tried, but not for us this time.

Thanks for all suggestions,

Lisa

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioBummer Lisa! I hope you get your night out soon and that your daughter feels better.

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioIt's official, she's got strep. First of the school year for her. So now with Megan's history, I'll be keeping track and once we reach 4 or 5 for seaon, I'll be asking for referral to ENT.

Ugh, she's so tired, she's just laying, not caring about the dog even, and that's so NOT her.

She's still worried about what she's missing today, so I've called school and asking them to send any work home.

Lisa

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioPoor thing - hope she feels better soon!

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioHi Lisa, I just know you will love Julie and Julia. Russ and I went to see it last week. It was the first movie we took time for since The Passion, so you can see we are not big on going to the movie. It was so much fun. I had never watched Julia Childs cooking shows but the younger person who challenged herself to make every single recipe in Julia's book, and watched her shows night after night, was hilarious. I told Russ, as we drove home, "well, honey, tonight you will have my stuffed peppers". They too, were almost gourmet, so I was not ashamed to be "just offering my humble stuffed peppers." He is not one for compliments, very often. However, he said I could make a habit of having these more often. (We were trying to use up green peppers a friend gave us from her garden.) Generally, I buy them one at a time, they are so costly.

All of you are in my prayers. Hope it does not move along to the other two or one of you.

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioHas anyone seen The Time Traveler's Wife? My DD just finished the book and we're going to see it on Monday.

Re: If you could see a movie (w/o the kids) what would it be and why?? ReccomendatioI did. It was pretty good. I had read the book first. They left out a lot of parts from the book. I think it was easier for me to follow the movie because I had read the book first. I always enjoy the books better than the movies.

What are some popular movie-themed party ideas?

Some popular movie-themed party ideas include a red carpet event, a costume party based on a specific movie, a movie marathon, or a themed game night with games related to popular movies.

How can I incorporate food into a movie-themed party?

You can incorporate food into a movie-themed party by serving snacks and drinks inspired by the movie, such as a signature cocktail or themed appetizers. You can also have a potluck where guests bring dishes related to the movie or characters.

What are some creative decorations for a movie-themed party?

Some creative decorations for a movie-themed party include movie posters, film reel centerpieces, Hollywood star decorations, and popcorn boxes filled with flowers. You can also use props or items related to the movie as decorations.

How can I make the movie-watching experience more fun for my guests?

You can make the movie-watching experience more fun by providing themed props or costumes for guests to wear while watching the movie. You can also have a trivia game or a movie-themed bingo during the movie. Additionally, setting up a cozy and comfortable viewing area with pillows and blankets can enhance the experience.

What are some movie recommendations for a movie-themed party?

Some movie recommendations for a movie-themed party depend on the theme or genre of the party. However, some popular movie choices for a party include comedy classics, Disney or Pixar movies, and recent blockbuster hits. You can also ask your guests for their favorite movies and choose from those suggestions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies