• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

In summary, the conversation is about the increasing mean and sensitive tone on the discussion boards. The speakers are concerned about the lack of civility and the need to remember the positive aspects of the site. They also discuss the idea of being able to express opinions without fear of being attacked and the importance of sticking together as a family. One speaker mentions considering leaving the site but ultimately decides to stay for the good content and supportive members.
mommyhugz1978 said:
WOuld you like me to make you some sugar free cookies and mail them to you???? :D

Thanks for the offer, Leah. I don't really do the sugar-free thing, though. They never taste as good, and they still have enough carbs to do wacky things to my blood sugar.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Now, they all think I'm an old goat.

Reba, I have no idea what the big deal is over Krispy Kreme. They're more expensive, harder to find and smaller than Dunkin or any other brand of donut.

Of course, in a pinch... :D

I think the thing about Krispy Kreme is that they're warm when you get them. Soft, warm, delicious. Honestly, if you pick them up at another store (they are sold at several convenience and grocery stores here), they just aren't the same.

I'm a fan of Dunkin' Donuts, too.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Now, they all think I'm an old goat.

Reba, I have no idea what the big deal is over Krispy Kreme. They're more expensive, harder to find and smaller than Dunkin or any other brand of donut.

Of course, in a pinch... :D

oh good well that makes me feel better!

We don't have any Dunkin Donuts near me. Only Krispy Kremes.

raebates said:
Thanks for the offer, Leah. I don't really do the sugar-free thing, though. They never taste as good, and they still have enough carbs to do wacky things to my blood sugar.

DO you use splenda? My dad is diabetic and my mom and sisters and I have learned how tocook with it.

Yeah, I've used Splenda. Still not the same. And, you have to add sugar of some sort to get baked goods to brown. (Most Splenda recipes call for a bit of molasses.)

I can't have splenda.... makes me sick to my tummy..... but I make cookies for my dad at Christmas time.... but I agree with you it's just not the same.

Ok I will probably get some flack for this but I never got the "krispy Kreme thing" try not being a fan and living in NC? I totally understad it was a big tradition for lots of people growing up. I just don't think they are the greatest.
I am a "dunkin donuts kinda girl. It's what I grew up on.
When the first couple Krispy Kreme's went up here in MN a few years ago there were lines arround the block for months!

Oh well... to each his/her own!

;)

I dont' have a Krispy Kreme donunts near me.. closes one two hours away..... so I cant' say I get my fix.... but the local bakerys here in town are really good.

I do love my local bakery (think I said that before) My best friend's parent's own it. They are always great to us. I should scan and post the pic of the frog cake they made using our batter bowl. It was awesome!

Okay that is making me hungry..... yet again......LOL

LOL!!!!

I would kill for an Angel creme filled!

(yes it's basically white frosting but ohhhh sooooo YUM!!)

Sory Leah....

:D ;) :D

etteluap70PC said:
Ok I will probably get some flack for this but I never got the "krispy Kreme thing" try not being a fan and living in NC? I totally understad it was a big tradition for lots of people growing up. I just don't think they are the greatest.
When the first couple Krispy Kreme's went up here in MN a few years ago there were lines arround the block for months!

;)

I totally agree, I am a Dunkin' Donuts girl!!

etteluap70PC said:

;)

I think a lot of it is what epitomizes a donut for you. If you grew up on Dunkin' Donuts, that's what you brain recognizes as "real" donuts.

Case in point: I make an excellent homemade macaroni and cheese. Seriously, it's really good--. Some of my son's friends prefer the blue box stuff. It's what they grew up on. Some people prefer pancakes made from Bisquick to made-from-scratch pancakes. It's what they're used to.

well at least my lunch is on it's way..... I dont' want another day like I had yesterday...... I am holding my own though.

Don't have time to read all of this...but I must admit..I've been guilty of this lately.
I'm sorry, and I don't mean to be...but most times I just have trouble getting things to come out the way they are meant and they are NOT meant mean or anything...just reads that way because I don't know how to TYPE politically.

Ya'll just know that I'm working on it...K?!

thanks..just had to get that out...not afraid to admit when I'm wrong and I have been.

HUH did I miss something?

lol! Not krispy kreme....the orginal begining of this thread about ppl being mean on here.
Sorry, I didn't read to the end...there's alot of posts to go thru! LOL

crazy4dabug said:
lol! Not krispy kreme....the orginal begining of this thread about ppl being mean on here.
Sorry, I didn't read to the end...there's alot of posts to go thru! LOL

what you missed in the middle was a bunch of us making fun or ourselves and having a good time, but now that you're here your fair game too!:D :D

Yeah their is alot of people being mean on here... iBut I think KG and Jason are working to make us laugh our rears off!!! LOL

mommyhugz1978 said:
Yeah their is alot of people being mean on here... iBut I think KG and Jason are working to make us laugh our rears off!!! LOL

Are you telling me that reading posts from Jason and KG could give me a smaller tushie? Woo hoo!

raebates said:
Are you telling me that reading posts from Jason and KG could give me a smaller tushie? Woo hoo!

I'm thinking mine would be smaller if I stopped being on CS and started running again.........but that is not as much fun is it!:D :D

raebates said:

My tushie hasn't gotten any smaller

My tushie isn't getting smaller neither is my belly....... LOL....

Page 1... people are asking why there is meanie-ness. (yes that's a word I just made up)
Page 25... everyone's talking about tushies and donuts.
What gives? LOL :D

making people happy and not mean anymore LOL!!! :D

Tushies and donuts are much more entertaining than meanies.

depends on whose tushies.............and if they are wearing PINK thongs!!:D :D

Oh, wait.............I did it again! I'm guilty of another hijack!

ROFL that is a good one Amy!!!

<h2>1. Why are people so mean on these boards?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.</p><h2>2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?</h2><p>If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.</p><h2>3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?</h2><p>Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?</h2><p>If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.</p><h2>5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?</h2><p>The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.</p>

1. Why are people so mean on these boards?

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people. It's important to remember to treat others with kindness and respect, even if you disagree with their opinions or statements.

2. How can I handle it when someone is being mean to me on the boards?

If someone is being mean to you, the best course of action is to simply ignore them or report their behavior to a moderator. Engaging with them will often only escalate the situation.

3. Why do people feel the need to jump down someone's throat over a simple disagreement?

Some people may have a tendency to be more confrontational or aggressive in their communication style. It's important to remember to stay calm and respectful, even when discussing controversial topics.

4. What should I do if I see someone being mean to another member on the boards?

If you see someone being mean to another member, you can try to diffuse the situation by calmly intervening or reporting the behavior to a moderator. It's important to not engage with the mean individual, as this can often make the situation worse.

5. How can we promote a more positive and respectful community on these boards?

The best way to promote a positive and respectful community is to lead by example. Treat others with kindness and respect, and try to diffuse any conflicts that may arise. Remember that we are all here to share our love for Pampered Chef, so let's focus on that and leave the negativity behind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jesusluvsu2005