• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Don't Vent This, I Am Going to Blow up

In summary, the conversation is about the increasing mean and sensitive tone on the discussion boards. The speakers are concerned about the lack of civility and the need to remember the positive aspects of the site. They also discuss the idea of being able to express opinions without fear of being attacked and the importance of sticking together as a family. One speaker mentions considering leaving the site but ultimately decides to stay for the good content and supportive members.
jasonmva
Silver Member
I can't help but notice how people are just getting down right mean to others on these boards. Good Lord people - if you don't like something that was said then just DON'T READ THE POSTS!!!! There is no reason to jump down someone else's throat because something tweaked you the wrong way! Why is everyone being so mean lately? It is really making me rethink about being a member here.

I agree. I always wonder if we were in the same room together if I would hear some of the comments posted here face-to-face. Hmmm.

Huh????
Did I miss somethign AGAIN????

I think I missed it too.....

Some people just are that way. I know I try to be diplomatic with my posts, while others are just mean. I didn't like bullies in high school and I don't like them now.

I think sometimes people just need to take a deep breath and realize that its difficult to convey emotions through posting and that no one is out to upset anyone. And sometimes... just don't answer them.

I know I have done some thinking about staying here, but I did just renew my membership. I think the benefits of meeting people like you, far out weighs what any idiot says. And then I thought, "Why should *I* go?" So, here I am.

I do agree that there has been a different tone on this site... but lets hope those who have encouraged that will get bored and move on. I remember a time when someone would be mortified that they upset another poster, and would apologize up and down and all would be forgiven... I miss that.

I missed the memo - was today the day you're supposed to be rotten to me and then I'm rotten to you tomorrow, or was it the other way around? I get so confused sometimes.

I do think members are a little more feisty than they used to be. I also have to be careful at how I read a post. I tend to be very deffensive and I will read a post in the wrong tone when it was not meant that way at all.

I just think everyone should lighten up. If you read something you dont like, the joy of the computer is that you can simply click a button and make it go away. Be HAPPY people!!!!

If I'm guilty I'm sorry..........I know I've been whining about things outside of CS - but if it came across to anyone bad i really am sorry.

amy07 said:
If I'm guilty I'm sorry..........I know I've been whining about things outside of CS - but if it came across to anyone bad i really am sorry.

No need to apologize to me - I have not read anything from you that was offensive - keep on postin' girl!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I missed the memo - was today the day you're supposed to be rotten to me and then I'm rotten to you tomorrow, or was it the other way around? I get so confused sometimes.

I think its my turn to just beat the verbal crap out of you. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-054.gif

We used to be able to give our opinion without fear of being attacked. Oh, for the good ole days!

But in fairness to everyone, I think we are all way too sensitive lately. there have been several threads in the last few months that made this happen. We all need to just get past this and get on with being the family we are.

You know, they say you can pick your friends but not your family. That's kind of like PC and especially Chef Success. Anyone can join in on the conversation and express their opinion and everyone else should be civilized and not beat each other up because it doesn't match our own.

I, too, just renewed and thought long and hard about whether I really needed all this. I decided that there is so much good on the site - people and information - that it is worth weathering this all out. The newbies need the help that we can give them on this site and us seasoned consultants need the support we get too.

Let's all get back to being friends.

BethCooks4U said:
We used to be able to give our opinion without fear of being attacked. Oh, for the good ole days!

But in fairness to everyone, I think we are all way too sensitive lately. there have been several threads in the last few months that made this happen. We all need to just get past this and get on with being the family we are.

You know, they say you can pick your friends but not your family. That's kind of like PC and especially Chef Success. Anyone can join in on the conversation and express their opinion and everyone else should be civilized and not beat each other up because it doesn't match our own.

I, too, just renewed and thought long and hard about whether I really needed all this. I decided that there is so much good on the site - people and information - that it is worth weathering this all out. The newbies need the help that we can give them on this site and us seasoned consultants need the support we get too.

Let's all get back to being friends.

Amen Beth - well said!

Thanks Beth for once again being the voice of reason!

Does that mean I have to stop hitting KG?

I'm a Cheffer.........he's/she's a Cheffer........Wouldn't you like to be a Cheffer too!

Ok let's see if I can sum this up in one post:

KG - nothing you did, you crack me up

Amy - you didn't do anything either - you are a keeper

Beth - thank you for your post - I think you are the designated voice of reason

AJ - you can keep beating up on KG

Sorry - there was something I read on a post where someody got rubbed the wrong way and off they went to someone I value and I am in a defending my (virtual) friends mood now.

I guess I missed it too! THank GOodness!!!

PampMomof3 said:
I guess I missed it too! THank GOodness!!!

You were too busy racking up the sales and recruits before your trip!!:p

Did not! Rzzlfrzzt minimum character rule.

amy07 said:
You were too busy racking up the sales and recruits before your trip!!:p

Yes, I guess so! I don't get to read all the posts anymore but its okay I guess!!!

I missed it...I'm glad. I'm not going to search for it. I choose to ignore the *&%$!**. I am not a goody two shoes, but I know that negativity can pull even the happiest of people down. So I try to keep it positive, give ideas to share, give support and help cheer people on.
I think we all have read an e-mail in the wrong context before but hopefully, we can re-read it. And if we still read it in a negative context...instead of reacting...let's just just move on and ignore it.
I will continue my membership when it comes due too. The good things far outweigh the bad and there are far more good people than mean on this site.:)

jasonmva said:
Sorry - there was something I read on a post where someody got rubbed the wrong way and off they went to someone I value and I am in a defending my (virtual) friends mood now.

Hey, no problem! I would be honored to be defended by you!

Each time someone stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. --Robert F. Kennedy

baychef said:
I will continue my membership when it comes due too. The good things far outweigh the bad and there are far more good people than mean on this site.:)

Well said! I just renewed my membership as well!! Thanks Greg and Deb!

AJPratt said:
But he started it!
Now kids! Behave yourself! Do I have to get dad after you??
Originally Posted by The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Last edited:
jasonmva said:
Ok let's see if I can sum this up in one post:

KG - nothing you did, you crack me up

Amy - you didn't do anything either - you are a keeper

Beth - thank you for your post - I think you are the designated voice of reason

AJ - you can keep beating up on KG

Thanks Jason. You see... we ARE all too sensitive!

BethCooks4U said:
Now kids! Behave yourself! Do I have to get dad after you??
But Mom...he looked at me too...make him stop!!

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks Jason. You see... we ARE all too sensitive!
Its always the ones who worry that aren't the problem... well, except for KG, because well, "He started it" (Ouch... quit it!)

I missed it too...probably a good thing. I just renewed my membership, too....way too many really GOOD, HAPPY, HONEST people on here to allow one or two to push me away. Remember, too, that written words don't convey the emotions behind them, so don't read too much into something you view as negative. (Again, not sure what post(s) started this, so I may be way off, but I would rather give the benefit of the doubt....)

Love to all!

baychef said:
But Mom...he looked at me too...make him stop!!
That's it! Out to the woodshed with the bunch of you! And then to bed with no supper.

BethCooks4U said:
That's it! Out to the woodshed with the bunch of you! And then to bed with no supper.
Yikes... You're tough!

BethCooks4U said:

who's cooking?

amy07 said:
who's cooking?
Nope. I said no dinner. No cooking. Us adults are going out for a quiet meal and you kids are just going to have to stay in your rooms and think about all that hitting!:p

BethCooks4U said:
Nope. I said no dinner. No cooking. Us adults are going out for a quiet meal and you kids are just going to have to stay in your rooms and think about all that hitting!:p

Don't leave me here alone...........they'll gang up on me!:D

BethCooks4U said:
Can we have that nice Pampered Chef lady come and cook for us???

amy07 said:
Don't leave me here alone...........they'll gang up on me!:D
Don't worry. We'll take you with us! That'll teach 'em!

I needed a really good laugh today.. .thank you all for taking the fun route here and making my afternoon!

BethCooks4U said:
Don't worry. We'll take you with us! That'll teach 'em!
Amy's Mom's favorite...nee ner nee ner nee ner!!

baychef said:
Can we have that nice Pampered Chef lady come and cook for us???
I said I am going OUT tonight! The cook's night out.

Maybe you kids can have some peanut butter sandwiches or mac and cheese if you behave the rest of the afternoon!

Leave it to AJ and KG to highjack yet another thread because they have a sibling rivalry!

baychef said:
Amy's Mom's favorite...nee ner nee ner nee ner!!
You want to be grounded for another day? ...a week?

BethCooks4U said:
I said I am going OUT tonight! The cook's night out.

Maybe you kids can have some peanut butter sandwiches or mac and cheese if you behave the rest of the afternoon!
Yuck...I was hoping for a little filet minon or some chicken oscar!!!:(

jasonmva said:
Leave it to AJ and KG to highjack yet another thread because they have a sibling rivalry!
Jason, you can join Amy and me for dinner tonight too - I didn't catch you fighting either. But you can't whine either - okay?

baychef said:

What chicken won an Oscar?

baychef said:
Well, I dont know! Let's see how you behave. Maybe tomorrow if there's no more fighting!

BethCooks4U said:
Jason, you can join Amy and me for dinner tonight too - I didn't catch you fighting either. But you can't whine either - okay?

WOO HOO - I'm going to dinner

The scary thing about this thread is that it sounds so much like my childhood....except for us it was Mac & Cheese or those hideous little Banquet Pot Pies!
Some things never change!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD