1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ideas/tips... show tonight with single guy as host

1. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

His friends and family are giving him a hard time about having a show. I am super nervous (I am almost NEVER nervous!) Any ideas???

Oct 1, 2009
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I would do the show just like any other. I did have a booking that was a single man. We had a great time. He loved to cook and wanted good tools. Nothing wrong with that.

Facts that you could share:
    More and more customers say that their husbands do all or a lot of the cooking.
    We have a lot of male consultants and many of them do extremely well.
    Why wouldn't he want the best tools in his kitchen?
    Why wouldn't he want to get them at a savings?

Oct 1, 2009
  3. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

I did a show for a 27 year old single man in March...he had 32 people there, did a 1500.00 show and now is one of my successful consultants..He doesn't know how to do a show under $800.00 He's awesome!!! and the women love him

Oct 1, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

One of my top host was a guy! Treat him like any other host.

Oct 1, 2009
  5. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

If he's cute and at least 35, send him my way ;-)

Oct 1, 2009
  6. etteluap70PC

Thanks all! It went great! I needed a good show!

I think one of the reasons I was nervous is I have a silly little crush on him. Yes I am happily married. It's the 20 something girl in me... Not sure how old he is Susan (Im guessing 30ish) but he is definetly a keeper for some girl down the road. Down to earth enjoying life doesn't want to be tied down for now.

Any way on to the show, 13 people (a few couples) 450.00 in sales so far with 3-4 orders to come in. ! catalog packet given for an October show. One show booked with one of his buddies (another single guy... who knew? Also likes to cook) in Dec. Need to wait till hunting season is over... LOL

Oct 1, 2009
  7. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Good for you Paulette! Sounds like it went great! I'm curious, what did you make?

Oct 2, 2009
  8. etteluap70PC

It was supposed to be a grill show but the weather was horrible. I did one of my standby's Grilled Italian Pizza from the Dic Casual cooking. Pretty sure it is listed here somewhere. We just did it in the oven instead on a stone. I also did a dump cake desert in the DCB. I really shocked the crowd when I said if you took away all my other PC stuff you could not take my DCB!

Oct 2, 2009
  9. zmom58

zmom58 Member

Paulette,
    Which recipe did you use for the dump cake? I haven't had that much success with them.
    I just did a show for 19 y/o young man, a friend of my son's. He wanted to have good quality items for his kitchen and has a girlfriend he wants to cook for! He made a wish list for his family and invited them all. His show was over $1400. He is my first host to get the 12 piece Stainless Cookware as a half-price item. He was so much fun to work with. We made the mini cheeseburgers there and I took a brownie trifle already done.
    It was a fun show! Glad your show went well.
    Deb

Oct 2, 2009
Have something to add?