• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas on Utilizing the Catalog More-Interactive Shows?

In summary, Barry is trying to do a fully interactive show but is having some difficulty with it. He is going to bring less cookware and focus on storytelling and humor. His director told him how she does her shows and Barry is going to follow that approach.
babywings76
Gold Member
I want to do a fully interactive show tonight. (I've been challenged to try one out. ;) ) I've done some slightly interactive shows before, so I knew how to combine letting people browse the catalog and talk about things as certain steps of the recipe were getting done by more or others. But for a fully interactive show, how do you handle giving them plenty of shopping the catalog time? And how do I find opportunities for me to bring attention to certain product lines while they have the catalog open in their laps?

The recipe I'm making tonight is the Cool & Crunchy Taco Salad. We are doing it w/ black beans instead of chicken, so I won't need to bring cookware. We aren't doing anything w/ stoneware, so I don't need to bring that. So...keeping in mind the whole "Bring Less, use the Catalog more" challenge, what should I do?

I would still bring one piece of SW, nonstick, and SS.

I do a quick 15 presentation/explanation of products - cookware, knives, stoneware, then do the interactive. I will have a catalog (or 2 depending on the number of guests) on the counter/table where we're cooking so they can collectively look at products as we discuss and cook. This helps with spur of the moment questions and discussions.

I like that idea of having a catalog at the table for them to see things. Thanks! :) Barry, you're right, I think I'll still bring the 8" Saute pan and the small SS pot I have so they can pass it around and see & feel the quality. I just spoke w/ my director. She told me how she handles her interactive shows. So here's what I think I'm going to do:*Intro, go over order form, quick presentation of the major product lines (pass around the cookware)*Recipe: I'm going to have us all do things at the same time, but first I'll intro each "station" and what the products are and get people set up. Then as they work, will talk to them about how they like the products they are using, see if anyone wants to swap jobs to try out other products. I'll fill in gaps, if there are any, by asking them what their favorite products are or if they have any other questions about other products.*Then back to seats and say "Now real quick, I just want to make mention of a few things and do a giveaway before we eat..." Then do the specials and booking slide and DPDS.

Something else I had already forgotten (although it is in my notes) is to use what the Host has in your kitchen for the recipe if possible.

This new type of show made it SO much more simplified for me. Less hauling, less frazzle, less cleanup. I am SO glad we have decided to go with this new show. And it doesn't make any difference sales-wise for me, I was glad to have found!! It allowed me to be myself more, chat more, be open more. They were more interested in the recipe at hand than they were the catalogs until the end, until it was actually time to eat and shop, I did have a few of my favorites laid out on a coffee table (the DCB special with a flyer), had a few items on the table everyone was sitting at, but mostly I focused on everything that was used in the recipe. I find people are more interested in seeing how things work than hearing me talk about them. If there is something that needs to be said, then I will talk about it, but I find that I'm more of a "stand up comedian" when it comes to these shows. I found I keep their interest in what's going on by telling funny stories and just being myself. It keeps my nerves at bay plus shows people you don't have to be perfect, just be yourself and have a great time and it's fun to host a pampered chef party.

So last night...I demoed too much (bread w/ oil dipping seasonings, fresh pineapple & strawberries, & Cool & Crunchy Taco Salad). I talked too much. I caved in, too---with every intention of it being interactive, the vibe I was getting from that crowd just made me intimidated to put them to work. But because I didn't have them all pitch in and help, it felt like it took forever to get the recipe done. (and I forgot my watch and there weren't any clocks or timers in her house that I could see--I really had no idea how long I was taking!!) Ugh, I was so frustrated w/ myself!!Sales are at $300 right now, but that's terrible considering how many people were there. This girl lives in a tiny, tiny apartment (they all call it the Hobbit house :D ) and the layout was really hard (another reason why I didn't do it interactive)--but she had 11 people there!! Awesome job of my host, but I feel like I dropped the ball on this one. They all had fun and everyone said what a great job I did, but I was disappointed in myself. :(

My favorite way to make it interactive is to have them wash their hands, then pick a tool (for the recipe) that they are interested in. I have them laying on my cutting board. Then when its time for that tool to be used, its their turn! You tried something new, so congrats to you. I'm trying to use the cattie more today and will give them highlighters like someone suggested and the order forms after. I'm going to TRY to pack less. :D

Sandi

Yeah, I should've done that. Once the wine was getting poured for everyone and they were all comfy and chatting with each other and browsing the catalog...and just staring at me blankly when I said we would all do the recipe together...well, I just chickened out. I had my sister (this host booked off of her Nov. show) come and try a few things and a couple other people jumped up to try out different things, but not everyone got involved. I had forgotten to bring my roll of tickets. That was going to be my backup plan--bribe them to play along! Oh well.Well, I just inputed the orders. Last night yielded $361.77. But I still have 2 people that didn't turn in their orders. One is my sister, she is definitely getting things but hadn't made her decisions yet & wanted to check w/ my BIL since he does the major cooking. The other was a girl who recently had a bridal shower and still is unpacking and doesn't really know what she has yet and what she needs. She's going to go home and see if she can get an idea on what she'd like to get. Plus, the host still has a few outside orders she's gathering. Crossing fingers....But the good news is that my March 11th host was there and she's really excited for her party. During her check out (yes, even though she is going to be hosting in 2 weeks, she still bought over $60 worth of things! :) ), she was asking me about bridal showers and the registry. She was really excited because she has a friend who she will be helping with doing a shower and really wants to do a PC one now. And her sister is getting married and they just sent out the shower invites, so she was bummed that she wasn't aware of the PC shower/registry before then. But she was really excited when I gave her some ideas on how to still accomplish getting her sister PC things. Also, some of these girls will be at her party, too, and they were really liking the MFP and the mango wedger. So definitely the night was a success in different ways.

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef catalog more interactive?

There are several ways to make your catalog more interactive. One idea is to host a virtual party or cooking demonstration where you can showcase products and offer live cooking tips and recipes. You can also create a social media group or event where customers can share their experiences with Pampered Chef products and ask questions. Another option is to include QR codes in your catalog that link to product videos or recipes.

2. What are some creative ways to utilize the catalog during in-person shows?

You can use the catalog as a visual aid during your cooking demonstration or party. You can also have customers pass the catalog around and mark their favorite products or recipes. Another idea is to have a "guess the product" game where customers have to find and name specific products in the catalog.

3. How can I use the catalog to increase sales?

One way to increase sales is to offer a special promotion or discount for customers who purchase products featured in the catalog. You can also use the catalog to showcase the versatility of Pampered Chef products and how they can be used in different recipes and meal ideas.

4. Can I personalize the catalog for my customers?

Yes, you can personalize the catalog by adding your contact information and a personal message to your customers. You can also create customized bundles or product recommendations based on their interests or previous purchases.

5. Are there any tips for organizing and presenting the catalog during shows?

It's a good idea to organize your catalog by product categories and have them labeled accordingly. This will make it easier for customers to find specific products they are interested in. You can also use sticky notes or bookmarks to mark pages and products you want to highlight during your presentation. And don't forget to leave some blank space for customers to make notes or jot down their favorite products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TrishPCMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • littlemaisyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies