• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Increasing Attendance at Shows

have the host ask each guest to bring someone specific such as, "Hey, can you bring that lady that makes those cheesecakes for your BBQs?" or "Can you bring the lady that works with your husband and always ______(wears funny pants, reads magazines all day, whatever) When they picture asking someone specific, they're more likely to actually do it.Let her know that having at least 15 people in attendance will make her guests feel so much more comfortable. If someone comes with a budget, sometimes they feel like they're flashing FIFTEEN DOLLARS when there's only 3 guests there, but they feel fine sticking to their budget when there is 15 guests.Work
DebbieJ
I have to do a training on this and thought I'd ask here to gather some initial ideas.

What do you do to encourage attendance?

I offer a free 2nd recipe with 12 or more people. And I have a tic tac toe form that gives something for 15 guests.

The nasty scraper/potholder/towel contest
Theme shows like power cooking that show guests something they haven't seen before
Special deals only available at the show (like $5 off a chopper or whatever)

*coach host to call her guests 2 days before the show...call the ones who have not yet repled, call the ones who said yes (to remind them) and call the ones who said no (see if they changed their minds or if they need anything)

* When addressing invites (if you do them for the host) make each one out to Judy Smith & Guest People are more apt to bring a friend if you make them feel as though you EXPECT them to.

* A few days before the show call the hostess and ask her to call all the guests and ask them to bring their Ugliest Scraper

* Tell the hostess to call each guest and say "Just wait til you taste the ___ my consultant is going to prepare for us!"

* Have the host let her friends know that there will be some specials available ONLY for those in attendance. (only those in attendance can win the door prize or the Left Right Game prize etc)

...that's all I can think of for now.

I knew you guys were great! Thanks so much!!!

Less than 80 to that star Carolyn!

gilliandanielle said:
Less than 80 to that star Carolyn!

And I am SO not chatty this week (PMS...makes me B*tchy and pissy so I try not to post as much - LOL), so it may be another week or so til I am feelin' PINK

I think I might start using Post Calls for my reminders. I think it's quick and easy and a great way to make sure they get done!

I also use Nancy's Postcards! They seem to help!

I once thought about offfering the host $1 in extra free stuff for every guest over 18. Maybe that way they'd talk people into coming...and you know they will buy SOMETHING if they come....Heck, I figure if I have to get them $20 more in free stuff (on their order so it's dicounted), they would have had 20 guests, so I'd be doin' Ok! ANyone ever tried anything like that?

I really want to boost it all so my hunny and I can go Cruisin' in 08!

Listen to the partner with your host CD. It's got the best ideas ever. Here's some highlights:

have the host emphasize, "It wouldn't be the same if YOU weren't at my show", or "it would mean so much to me if YOU came to my show"...

Have her ask each guest to bring someone specific such as, "Hey, can you bring that lady that makes those cheesecakes for your BBQs?" or "Can you bring the lady that works with your husband and always ______(wears funny pants, reads magazines all day, whatever) When they picture asking someone specific, they're more likely to actually do it.

Let her know that having at least 15 people in attendance will make her guests feel so much more comfortable. If someone comes with a budget, sometimes they feel like they're flashing FIFTEEN DOLLARS when there's only 3 guests there, but they feel fine sticking to their budget when there is 15 guests.

Work through the guest list brainstorming with her.

Make labels for her to put on invites with the show info, address, etc. Include a line that says "Bring 3 uninvited adults, get a free stone!" Here's the thinking: someone attempts to bring 3 guests, but at the last minute, at least one will crap out because life just happens. So, now there's two extra guests in attendance and you don't have to give anything away. However, I'd happily give away lots of free stones if everyone brought 3 uninvited adults! You can specify that it is the sm bar pan if you'd like a cheaper one.

Let her know that nobody ever comes if they don't get the reminder call the night before. Even if they said they would! She doesn't want to picture herself getting stood up with you as a witness!

Paige Dixon said:
Make labels for her to put on invites with the show info, address, etc. Include a line that says "Bring 3 uninvited adults, get a free stone!" Here's the thinking: someone attempts to bring 3 guests, but at the last minute, at least one will crap out because life just happens. So, now there's two extra guests in attendance and you don't have to give anything away.

Paige, I really like this idea!

Here's an idea. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I'm going to start this year. It's a "you mail the invitations" idea. Put a little sticker on 5 of the invitations before you mail them. Jot down the names. Then tell the host about 4 days before the show that she'll get an extra gift if she calls everyone to remind them and find out who has the stickers. Don't tell her there are 5, because if she knows that and finds the 5, she'll stop calling.

chefann said:
Here's an idea. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I'm going to start this year. It's a "you mail the invitations" idea. Put a little sticker on 5 of the invitations before you mail them. Jot down the names. Then tell the host about 4 days before the show that she'll get an extra gift if she calls everyone to remind them and find out who has the stickers. Don't tell her there are 5, because if she knows that and finds the 5, she'll stop calling.

I love this idea and tried it with a couple of my shows last season but my hostesses were less than cooperative or enthusiastic. I think I need different hostesses to try it with - LOL

I offer an incentiveI offer a special drawing for those who bring a guest. And I usually give away a nice little bag of door prizes.
I have also encouraged the host to do the game with finding a guest that fits each of these categories, that I have on a sheet with about 30 squares. The more she fills in the more FREE stuff I give her.

Guest who has 4 or more children!
Guest who just had a baby!
Guest who has a minivan.
Guest who is pregnant.

And I make sure I have her put their name in the square and I call them out during the show to make sure they are all there.
Ideas like that and if she gets to 15 guests she gets $10 in FREE stuff. 30 guests she gets $20 in FREE stuff that I add to her host order.

Debbie :D

Debbie, Can you post the form you have that has all of the questions about the different kinds of guests.

1. How can I get more people to attend my Pampered Chef shows?

To increase attendance at your shows, you can utilize social media platforms to advertise and share information about your upcoming events. You can also offer special incentives or discounts for guests who bring a friend along to the show. Additionally, reaching out to your personal network and asking them to spread the word can also help attract more attendees.

2. What type of promotions or specials can I offer to encourage people to attend my shows?

You can offer a variety of promotions and specials to entice people to attend your shows. Some ideas include offering a free gift with purchase, hosting a raffle or giveaway, or providing a discount on certain products for attendees. You can also offer a special deal for guests who book a party at the show.

3. How can I make my Pampered Chef shows more interactive and engaging for attendees?

To make your shows more interactive and engaging, you can incorporate fun games or activities that involve the guests. For example, you can have a recipe guessing game or a blind taste test challenge. You can also encourage guests to help with the cooking or demonstrate how to use certain products.

4. What are some unique ideas for themes or decorations for my Pampered Chef shows?

There are many fun and creative themes you can use for your Pampered Chef shows. Some ideas include a "Taste of Italy" theme with Italian-inspired dishes, a "Backyard BBQ" theme with outdoor cooking and grilling demos, or a "Holiday Baking" theme with festive decorations and recipes. You can also incorporate seasonal themes or colors to make your shows more visually appealing.

5. How can I encourage previous attendees to come back to my Pampered Chef shows?

To encourage previous attendees to come back to your shows, you can send out personalized invitations or reminders with a special offer or discount. You can also ask for their feedback and suggestions on how to make the show even better. Additionally, offering a loyalty program or referral rewards can also incentivize previous guests to attend again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hathery
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • RMDave