• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef Business: Creative Ideas for Bookings & Leads

business of networking. It is a great way to build relationships and find new clients. It can also be a great way to learn about new products or services. You don't have to be part of a networking group to find new clients. You can go out and meet new people at local events or businesses. If you are interested in joining a networking group, you can check out the websites listed below. Networking - What is it
CARATPC
I joined Pampered Chef last October and had a great first couple of months. Recently my business has slowed down. I have been trying to come up with ideas on where I can turn to get bookings. I have had shows with all of the family and friends that I can think of. Can any of you pass on where/how you promote your business outside of shows and past guests/hosts to find bookings. I am looking for places to place fliers on bulletin boards or call to offer fundraisers. Also where would be a good place to find leads for Bridal shows? Thanks for your help! :confused:

I looked into the Chamber of Commerce for upcoming fairs and bridal shows. That is where I would start. I went to www.chamberofcommerce.com and it asked about what city then I typed in some of the neighboring towns around. It would need to be places that you are willing to go back to if anyone books a show at it, same with Bridal Fairs. I would also look in the local newpapers to see who might be engaged...then if you know the couple or someone who does...I would send them a letter...maybe something like this: Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming marriage. It is never too soon to begin planning. I am writing not only to congratulate you but to let you know that I do Pampered Chef Bridal Showers. What a great way to fill your kitchen with awesome items and you don't have to go through all the hustle and bustle of shopping and registries. I would be happy to visit with you about the benefits of a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower. Again, congratualtions on your engagement and may God bless you both as you begin a new journey together.
I have also set up at craft fairs...sometimes they work and some havent been so successful. I feel it is because people come to do cash and carries, not to give orders...but everything is worth a try..once!

There are alot of ideas on this website so you've come to the right place. Have you made a list of 100. Can you go back to that and start calling? Do you have any hosts whose past host discount will expire in the next couple of months? Here are a couple of attchments I got from this website. Hope they help.

Attachments

• wheretofindcustomers.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 674
  • 118waystogetbookings.doc
    41 KB · Views: 537
Networking eventsI too have problems with bookings. A friend of mine introduced me to networking. There are lots of networking events around these days. That is where a group of people in various businesses get together for a meal or happy hour and each person has about 1 minute to stand up and talk about their business. Then they pass out business cards. After everyone speaks, sometimes there is a general speaker or just mingling. I have gone to 2 such events and gotten 1 booking at each. Check with your Chamber of Commerce or the business section of the newspaper where they list activities and meetings.

queenjean said:
I too have problems with bookings. A friend of mine introduced me to networking. There are lots of networking events around these days. That is where a group of people in various businesses get together for a meal or happy hour and each person has about 1 minute to stand up and talk about their business. Then they pass out business cards. After everyone speaks, sometimes there is a general speaker or just mingling. I have gone to 2 such events and gotten 1 booking at each. Check with your Chamber of Commerce or the business section of the newspaper where they list activities and meetings.

I don't know why, but sometimes I thought that at these events they may want you to also share mailing lists/leads with the other participants. That always made me feel uncomfortable if that's the case and I wouldn't share that. But, maybe I was wrong and that must be something else. I definitely would do what you described! I'll have to keep my eyes open for them. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Hey guys! I just received an e-mail asking if I want to join one of the networking groups. I don't really know too much about these things so I'm kind of sketical. What should I do?

What is a networking group? Is it part of this group? I'd ask Deb before I joined anything. She started this group.

Networking - What is itNetworking is a group of small business owners in your community that get together monthly, weekly, quarterly,... to get the word out about their business. Some groups charge a membership fee others do not. They usually get together at a restaurant or at a new business in town for a tour. Sometimes you pay up front for the food, a flat fee, others it is no host food/bar. I recently went to one in my town at a new hotel. It was very nice. Fully catered with wine and appetizers. There was even a drawing for a free night stay at the hotel. You keep all the contacts you receive and do not need to share with anyone.

The 2 events I have been to have gone like this: A general mingling while everyone arrives and takes a seat at a round table with 7 other people. These people are all ages and all types of businesses from doctors, realtors, housekeepers, in-home day care, interior design etc. There are men and women and they are dressed professionally. Most of the men are in suits. We order food and drink. As we wait for our food we each get about 1-2 minutes to talk about our business within our table. We pass out business cards, catalogs or whatever we want to everyone at our table. Everyone at the table does this and you go home with a handfull of business cards. I met a great hair stylist this way!! Some events have you stand up in front of the entire meeting to talk about your business. Then while we ate there was a speaker that talked about business related topics, such as how to retain employees, time management etc. After the speaker, there was general mingling where people just walked up to one another and introduced themselves and asked what you do. It is very cool and a great way to expand your business. As with everything else, FOLLOW-UP is KEY!!

This is not an online group. This is in-person in your own community. Most places let you come as a guest once or twice before becoming a member. The one I went to at the new hotel, I went as a guest. I did not choose to become a member of this group as you have to be a member of the Chamber of Commerce which, in my town costs $285 per year. A little out of my budget.

I hope this helps answer any questions about networking. :)

Jeanne Bach
Independent Future Director
www.pamperedchef.biz/jeannebach
[email protected]

Last edited:
Don't want to seem pushy...Ok, I am brutal! I just got back from a show, where I had two people who were interested in holding shows of their own. That's 2 potential bookings!!! Sounds great right?!?!? Well, both said that they would need to check their calendars before setting a date. Now I know as well as you that this is going to take a lot of follow-up on my part, and both will be more likely to change their mind.

How can I get guests to set a date, even a penciled in one, on the spot without them having to check their calendars first?

Also, does anyone have any scripts that I can use for this follow up call, to ensure that I get a booking out of it??

Thanks for your help!

I always tell my potential new hosts, before I can close "Cindy's" show, I have to have a date, so that I can giver her the booking credit, which will allow Cindy to take advantage of the 60% off special the night of their show. Seems to work for me. If a few months out, I tell them I will be calling them at about 6 weeks out to confirm the date, prior to sending them their host pack.

Great Suggestion!!!

Another one is to fill your calender!! Even if you don't have a ton of shows that month, be sure to block off the dates that you want to hold shows then fill the rest with personal stuff. Red ink for personal works great, it stands out, makes your calender look full, and you will know instantly what is PC and what is not. By making your calender look cluttered, potential hosts will feel a sense of urgency to book because they think that you don't have a lot of openings. If you present an empty calender, they think that they have all of the time in the world to decide on a date and then never do.

Mark it up, open it up and let it work for you!!

Good luck!

What are some creative ideas for getting more bookings and leads for my Pampered Chef business?

1. Host a virtual cooking class or party: With the rise of virtual events, this is a great way to reach a wider audience and showcase your products in a fun and interactive way.
2. Collaborate with other businesses: Partner with a local restaurant or event planner to host a cooking demo or product showcase.
3. Utilize social media: Use platforms like Instagram and Facebook to share recipes, product demonstrations, and engage with potential customers.
4. Offer incentives for referrals: Encourage your current customers to refer their friends and family by offering a discount on their next purchase.
5. Attend local events: Set up a booth at a farmers market, craft fair, or other community events to reach potential customers in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
Replies
Views
kellyk
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies