• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun and Unique Ideas for a Co-Ed Battle of the Sexes Party

In summary, the conversation revolved around planning a "battle of the sexes" party and brainstorming ideas for activities and tasks that could be done by both men and women. Suggestions included cooking competitions using different Pampered Chef products, such as the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer and the Food Chopper, as well as highlighting the benefits and features of the products. The conversation also touched on the idea of using non-Pampered Chef products to showcase the differences in quality and ease of use.
ejuliano
So I booked a party with a good friend of mine and we want to do a battle of the sexes. I looked around and all I saw around the same idea was for a bridal shower. I am trying to think of what to do w/o the bridal part.

I was thinking about having the guys do one recipe and the girls do another. Maybe if there are enough people, have them make the same thing and see who can do it faster. The only problem is that I don't have two of everything. Or I could have one group do something in the DCB and the other do something on the bar stone.

Anyone done a battle of the sexes before? Any ideas??

That's the whole point of a Battle of the Sexes or Amazing Race show: They have to steal the product they need from the other team!

You can do a skewed show where you give the ladies an easier recipe, and the guys a harder one. Or you could do a dessert and an entree, maybe a DCB and a Trifle recipe.

I think if you look in the files section under "Amazing Race" you might find what you are looking for. I had some files on it, but I think I saved them to disc to make room on my hard drive, and not being so organized like I wish I was, my discs are not labeled :).

You could use the A/P/C/S with men vs women. I did this at a couples show and they had a blast. I had the host get 7 granny smith apples. I showed everyone how to use the A/P/C/S and then took the apple and used the apple wedger so it was ready to go into the rectangle baker for an apple crisp. Then I had 3 men, each doing 1 apple and timed them. Then the women. It was fun and then I had prizes for all who participated.

ChefChris said:
You could use the A/P/C/S with men vs women. I did this at a couples show and they had a blast. I had the host get 7 granny smith apples. I showed everyone how to use the A/P/C/S and then took the apple and used the apple wedger so it was ready to go into the rectangle baker for an apple crisp. Then I had 3 men, each doing 1 apple and timed them. Then the women. It was fun and then I had prizes for all who participated.

I'll have to keep that in mind. I don't have one of those. I still have a little over a week to figure out what I want to do...

Each team gets a mix of pc and non pc products. You could have them complete the same tasks...pc product vs. non pc product.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Each team gets a mix of pc and non pc products. You could have them complete the same tasks...pc product vs. non pc product.

Hm...so maybe time each person doing something non PC and then PC?

So if they had to dice, have them do it with a knife, then w/ chopper? Or have the men use the knife and the women use the chopper??

Right. Have someone start with a non pc knife, then switch to one of ours ....they'd see the difference too.

Food Chopper vs. Knife - onions (mention no more tears w/ food chopper)
Salad Chopper vs. Knife - Tomatoes (mention that we have a tomato knife for those who prefer the traditional chopping)
Mandoline vs. Knife (or the crinkle cutter) - Potato or zuchinni (point out the even slices which means even cooking or fancy design with our mandoline)
Large Bar Pan vs. Anybrand Metal Cookie Sheet - Pizza (mention the even cooking and crispy crust)
Rotary Grater vs. Traditional - Cheese (mention easy clean up and less dishes)
Garlic Press vs. Another Method or non PC garlic press (easier, no peeling, no need to touch garlic)

Do a verbal comparison re: DCB Micro cooking vs Crockpot and Oven Cooking
Point out the cleaning process with our products vs others

Something like that.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Right. Have someone start with a non pc knife, then switch to one of ours ....they'd see the difference too.

Food Chopper vs. Knife - onions (mention no more tears w/ food chopper)
Salad Chopper vs. Knife - Tomatoes (mention that we have a tomato knife for those who prefer the traditional chopping)
Mandoline vs. Knife (or the crinkle cutter) - Potato or zuchinni (point out the even slices which means even cooking or fancy design with our mandoline)
Large Bar Pan vs. Anybrand Metal Cookie Sheet - Pizza (mention the even cooking and crispy crust)
Rotary Grater vs. Traditional - Cheese (mention easy clean up and less dishes)
Garlic Press vs. Another Method or non PC garlic press (easier, no peeling, no need to touch garlic)

Do a verbal comparison re: DCB Micro cooking vs Crockpot and Oven Cooking
Point out the cleaning process with our products vs others

Something like that.

These are great ideas!! Thank you!

1. What are some fun games for a Battle of the Sexes party?

Some fun games for a Battle of the Sexes party include a battle of the sexes quiz, a relay race with stereotypical gender tasks, a blindfolded taste test of foods that are typically associated with one gender, and a round of charades with gender-specific actions or stereotypes.

2. Can you provide some recipe ideas for a Battle of the Sexes themed dinner?

For a Battle of the Sexes themed dinner, you can serve dishes that play on gender stereotypes, such as a "manly" meat and potatoes meal or a "girly" salad and fruit platter. You can also get creative and make dishes that are a combination of traditionally male and female foods, like a bacon and chocolate dessert or a chicken and waffle appetizer. Don't be afraid to have fun with the menu and make it a playful part of the party!

3. What are some decoration ideas for a Battle of the Sexes party?

For decorations, you can incorporate traditional gender symbols like pink and blue colors or male and female restroom signs. You can also use items that represent gender stereotypes, like a toolbox for men or a makeup vanity for women. You can also play up the battle aspect by incorporating items like toy swords and shields for men and feather boas and tiaras for women.

4. How can I make sure the Battle of the Sexes party is inclusive and not offensive?

To ensure inclusivity, it's important to approach the party with a lighthearted and playful attitude rather than using it as an opportunity to reinforce harmful gender stereotypes. Be mindful of the language and activities used during the party and make sure they are not promoting harmful or offensive ideas. It's also important to communicate with guests beforehand and make sure everyone feels comfortable and included.

5. Do you have any suggestions for party favors for a Battle of the Sexes event?

Party favors can tie in with the theme by giving out items that play on gender stereotypes, such as mini toolkits or makeup sets. You can also give out joint gifts, like a beer and wine combo or a his and hers candle set. Another option is to give out personalized items, such as keychains or mugs with each guest's name and a gender-specific symbol or phrase. Don't be afraid to get creative and have fun with the party favors!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mcwach
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wellscooking
  • 1PamperedMommy