• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What items should I include in a raffle basket for a senior center fundraiser?

In summary, a PC basket can be a great way to give your customers a gift that they will use and appreciate. Include a variety of products, including a gift certificate, to make it more special.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I haven't really looked through yet to see what I want to include yet, but still want to welcome the wealth of ideas I can get from you brilliant cheffers:D! On march 22nd I'm participating in a bowling type fundraiser for the local senior center in my town. I happen to work at bank branch in same town. My manager is now on the board of directors for center. She asked myself and my assistant to bowl on her "team" They are also having raffles and she has to supply a basket to raffle off. I so graciously:blushing:eek:ffered to do a PC basket and she's all for it. She will pay for it. I'm going to put maybe a mini catalog in there and my contact info, maybe a full catalog actually may be more effective not sure yet. I'm just trying to figure out what items I should include in it. I kind of want a good variety that will showcase many different. Or maybe stick to one theme? Oh I could do a bamboo themed one with the focus on that now?? What are your thoughts. Oh and the budget for the basket is $40 but I'm not going to factor in the cost of basket and wrapping into that. I figure I can eat that cost for the essential free advertising benefits!:)

In the files, they have several gift basket idea files. Maybe one of those would give you an idea?

One of the great ideas that you can find referenced in the old posts is one that I am using. In addition to the products you donate, include a gift certificate redeemable only through yourself for $25.00. The idea being that they may book a party, put it towards a larger purchase OR you may never hear from them again and so you are out nothing for it. I found the gift certificate by searching in the files for "gift". Good luck!​

you could also add a free party!

I've donated two baskets in the past week. Both were made-up of duplicates I had on hand. In both of them I added a SBRC and a coupon for 15% off their next purchase with me. I figure that if they love PC enough to bid, then they will use the coupon! One basket was a grilling theme (grill basket, Grill It Quick cookbook, seasonings) The other was ber bread mix and a stoneware loaf pan. I included a full s/s catalog and biz card with each. I didn't have to put them in baskets, they had someone do that.

I am getting ready to do a basket for a bingo night and I am adding spices and such I'm calling it "Spice It Right"

I had a really good customer ask me to do one for her work's holiday party. We put in the holiday cookbook, apple wedger, quick cut paring knives and the cinnamon sprinkles. The trivet is also a very nice gift.I did put a SB and a business card in with it.

If you have one, the heart dish may make a good basket. It isn't something "everyone" has. But its cheap

I too have donated a few this last year. Each was made of things I already had so an added expense was not inccurred. I used spices and rubs in one as well as the SBRC and business card and catty and of course, a discount gift certificate for $20 off an order and I would make it $25 if they booked a party. These will be raffled off next week so we will see! I have done several over the years that included a gift certificate but have only had two book parties. I got orders though from every other one. Never much more than the amount of the gift certificate but 4 have become regular customers!

1. What types of baskets are popular for raffles?

Some popular basket ideas for raffles include kitchen gadgets and tools, food and drink items, spa and relaxation products, and gift card bundles. It's also a good idea to consider the interests and preferences of your target audience when choosing a basket theme.

2. How can I make my basket stand out?

To make your basket stand out, consider adding a unique or personalized item, such as a homemade treat or a handcrafted item. You can also add a special touch by including a handwritten note or card with the basket.

3. Is it better to have a single large prize or multiple smaller items in a basket?

This depends on your target audience and the overall goal of the raffle. If you are trying to attract a larger number of people, having multiple smaller items in a basket may be more appealing. However, if you are targeting a specific group or want to offer a high-value prize, a single large item may be more desirable.

4. How can I keep the cost of my basket low?

To keep the cost of your basket low, consider purchasing items in bulk or finding deals and discounts. You can also ask for donations from local businesses or ask friends and family for any unused items they may have. Another option is to create a themed basket using items you already have at home.

5. Can I include promotional materials in the basket?

Yes, you can include promotional materials in the basket, such as business cards or flyers. However, make sure they are not the main focus of the basket and do not take away from the overall presentation and value of the items included.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • LBurke
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies