• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Greek Theme Ideas and Recipes for a Big Fat PC Show

This recipe is from the Classic Cooking School Cookbook. Greek Islands PastryCrust1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, divided (1/4 cup)Filling8 ounces cream cheese, softened1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese1 (10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained1 garlic clove, pressedToppings1 (8.5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped1 (3.5 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced1 lemon1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry Italian
Marg
I have a host who wants to do a Greek theme. So I am going to call it "My Big Fat Greek PC Show" LOL
Anyone have any good greek recipes or ideas for me?? :D

Greek Stir FryThat's a cute theme! :D There is a recipe in the Season's Best (Spring/Summer 2005) for Greek Chicken Stir Fry Salad. I made it for my family one night and it turned out great! The only thing I did differently was I bought the Tyson's pre cut chicken. The recipe even offers a variation...instead of making it a salad you can prepare it as a stir fry with rice instead. You can demo the new rice cooker with that recipe! Which ever you or your host prefers. Oh and it is easy to make too! Good Luck!!

IdeasHow about having the sound track to the movie playing as the guests walk in to set the mood. As the night goes on, have a white apron with "My Big Fat Greek Pampered Chef Party" written on it and have all the guests sign it and give to the host as a gift. For recipes, how about the Tomato Basil Squares with the addition of more veggies and feta cheese, the Greek Foccaccia Bread. You can also make Greek Crescents-unroll the crescents like you would normally do, spread some pesto on with the all-purpose spreader, grate some feta onto them and roll up the crescents and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Hope this helps.

Those are great ideas! Thanks guys!!

Here is a Greek Theme Show Flier that I have in my bookings binder. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• My Big Fat Greek..KS.pdf
    37.4 KB · Views: 604
  • My Big Fat Greek...Grocery List.pdf
    40.4 KB · Views: 494
You know how in the movie, the mother-in-law to be (not the Greek mom) brought a "bundt" cake to the big party?? That whole thing cracked me up about the movie. Anyway, you could do a microwave cake in the Stoneware Fluted Pan (bundt pan) or use the mini fluted pan if you have either of those. It's just a good way to show off the pan and you could all re-live that hilarious part of the movie because the Greek mom's reaction to it was so funny. Just a thought. :D

Haha!!HAHAHA!! That was a funny part in the movie!! Great way to incorporate the movie and one of our products. The microwave cake is fast to make and turns out really good! I think that would get a good laugh with your guests too!! :D Good idea!!

sOhSherri said:
Here is a Greek Theme Show Flier that I have in my bookings binder. Hope this helps.
Where did this recipe come from. It sounds wonderful.

sohsherri- I missed something---

I found the ingredients, but do you have the recipe???? :confused:

I never include the instructions in my theme show fliers because I want the host to only get the ingredients. If I provide the instructions I'm always afraid she will get confused and chop, slice, grate, etc. That's my job!! I always give them very specific instructions with the ingredients. After the show I then provide the entire recipe for those who are interested.

Here is the recipe:
Greek Islands Pastry
Crust
1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, divided (1/4 cup)

Filling
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
1 (10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 garlic clove, pressed

Toppings
1 (8.5 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
1 (3.5 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 lemon
1 1/2 teaspoons Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
3 plum tomatoes, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes.

Lightly dust Large Round Stone with flour. Unfold one pie crust and place in center of Baking Stone. Lightly brush with water using Pastry Brush. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum, grate half of the Parmesan cheese over crust. Unfold second crust and place over first crust on Baking Stone, matching edges and pressing down to seal. Using Baker's Roller, roll both crusts out together to edge of Baking Stone. Fold 1/2 inch of edge of crust in toward center, forming an even border; press to seal seam.

Using smooth end of pastry tool, form a decorative fluted edge; prick center of crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool 10 minutes.

For filling, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, feta cheese, spinach and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Classic Scraper.

For toppings, chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer.

In Small Batter Bowl, combine artichokes, olives, lemon zest, and Seasoning Mix; mix with Mix 'N Scraper.

Using Large Spreader, spread spinach mixture evenly over crust. Spread artichoke topping evenly over filling. Slice tomatoes using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade; arrange in an overlapping circular pattern over topping. Grate remaining Parmesan cheese over tomatoes. Cut into wedges using Chef's Knife.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 2 g

Pampered Chef

What are some popular Greek dishes to serve at a themed party?

Some popular Greek dishes to serve at a themed party include spanakopita (spinach and feta pie), moussaka (eggplant and meat casserole), souvlaki (grilled meat skewers), and tzatziki (cucumber and yogurt dip). You can also offer traditional Greek salads, hummus, and pita bread.

Can you recommend any Greek-inspired drinks for the party?

For non-alcoholic options, you can serve Greek lemonade (made with fresh lemons and honey) or Greek iced coffee (frappé). For alcoholic options, you can offer ouzo (an anise-flavored liquor) or a Greek-inspired cocktail like a pomegranate martini.

What decorations can I use to create a Greek atmosphere?

You can use blue and white tablecloths to represent the colors of the Greek flag. You can also incorporate Greek symbols, such as the Greek key pattern, on napkins or plates. Additionally, you can use olive branches, Greek pottery, and white pillar candles to add to the ambiance.

Are there any dessert options that fit with a Greek theme?

Baklava (a sweet pastry made with layers of phyllo dough and nuts) is a popular Greek dessert that would be a great addition to your party. You can also serve loukoumades (Greek honey balls) or galaktoboureko (a custard-filled phyllo pastry).

Can you suggest any fun activities or games for a Greek-themed party?

You can have a Greek dance competition, where guests can learn traditional Greek dances like the sirtaki or the kalamatianos. You can also have a Greek trivia game or a "create your own Greek god/goddess" craft station. Another idea is to have a Greek costume contest, with prizes for the best dressed in Greek-inspired attire.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
Replies
Views
cynde
  • NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies