• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

January Show: The Perfect Way to Kickstart Your New Year Goals?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of hosting a Pampered Chef party and the best ways to invite guests and ensure a successful turnout. Tara suggests sending out a flier for a January show, with a catchy phrase promoting the party. There is also a discussion about inviting guests and the importance of personally reaching out and making phone calls rather than relying on flyers and invitations. Kimberly provides advice from her experience of hosting open house shows, emphasizing the importance of personal invitations and reminders. She also suggests going door-to-door in the neighborhood and leaving catalogs with the flyers to increase the chances of a successful turnout.
Nickmadmom
I need to bounce an idea off of someone. I though about sending out a flier for a January show here at my house. I wanted it to say something like:
Whether your New Years resolution is to get healthy, cook more or spend less time in kitchen come to my Pampered Chef Party and let me show you how. I thought then I could make some lighter versions of recipes and use some things like the food chopper, etc. What do you think? Thanks

Tara

Nickmadmom said:
I need to bounce an idea off of someone. I though about sending out a flier for a January show here at my house. I wanted it to say something like:
Whether your New Years resolution is to get healthy, cook more or spend less time in kitchen come to my Pampered Chef Party and let me show you how. I thought then I could make some lighter versions of recipes and use some things like the food chopper, etc. What do you think? Thanks

Tara

Tara, I think that's a great idea! Just be sure to invite at least 100 people! My directors say if you send out that many you might get about 20-25 guests. I love your wording!!!

ThanksI just have to fine tune it and get it out. I thought also about having a drawing for a PC party with me bringing the ingredients.

Tara

not to be a party pooper...I have done many "open house" type shows and the best advice I can give is do exactly what we ask our hosts to do.

*Personally invite your guests-make those phone calls. Don't rely on the mail for getting your flyer to the designated person, they may think it is junk mail or it might not get delivered at all.
*Encourage everyone to bring their adult friends as guests. (Men are strongly encouraged, unless of coarse this is a Girls Night Out Show, men love tools!)
*Have invitees R.S.V.P. so you can get an idea of who is coming. And it gives you an "excuse" to call those who haven't responded.
*Make those reminder calls. People are busy and might forget about the Show.

Hanging flyers on public bulletin boads sounds great but who sees it? Ask yourself how many of these do you read? Do you respond to them? Will others?

Sending flyers/postcards. Same concept, when you receive a flyer in the mail do you read it? Toss it out with the other "junk mail"? Put it in the "I'll respond to this later" pile and then forget about it?

This is why phone calls are so important, it gives people the heads up that the invitation is coming and it makes them have to respond.

Don't waste your time or money unless you are willing to do what it takes. If you can't think of people to invite, take your flyers door-to-door in your neighborhood and personally invite your neighbors. Leave them the flyer and ask for a phone number so that you can remind them. Make sure your flyer has your phone number on it too.

Don't just leave the flyer when someone is not home, how many of those to we get in a weeks time? Leave a catalog with the flyer or come back later when they are home. It's technically not a solicitation if you are just inviting them to a neighborhood event.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Kimberly

PamperedKHB said:
I have done many "open house" type shows and the best advice I can give is do exactly what we ask our hosts to do.

*Personally invite your guests-make those phone calls. Don't rely on the mail for getting your flyer to the designated person, they may think it is junk mail or it might not get delivered at all.
*Encourage everyone to bring their adult friends as guests. (Men are strongly encouraged, unless of coarse this is a Girls Night Out Show, men love tools!)
*Have invitees R.S.V.P. so you can get an idea of who is coming. And it gives you an "excuse" to call those who haven't responded.
*Make those reminder calls. People are busy and might forget about the Show.

Hanging flyers on public bulletin boads sounds great but who sees it? Ask yourself how many of these do you read? Do you respond to them? Will others?

Sending flyers/postcards. Same concept, when you receive a flyer in the mail do you read it? Toss it out with the other "junk mail"? Put it in the "I'll respond to this later" pile and then forget about it?

This is why phone calls are so important, it gives people the heads up that the invitation is coming and it makes them have to respond.

Don't waste your time or money unless you are willing to do what it takes. If you can't think of people to invite, take your flyers door-to-door in your neighborhood and personally invite your neighbors. Leave them the flyer and ask for a phone number so that you can remind them. Make sure your flyer has your phone number on it too.

Don't just leave the flyer when someone is not home, how many of those to we get in a weeks time? Leave a catalog with the flyer or come back later when they are home. It's technically not a solicitation if you are just inviting them to a neighborhood event.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Kimberly

Barbara,
How frequently do you think you can have these Open Houses and/or invite them to little luncheons and things that you host?

I team up with 2 other fellow consultants and we do an Open House twice a year to introduce the new products.
In our experience it's best not to call them an "Open House", people just don't respond to them as well as a "Mystery Host Show" or a "Customer Appreciation Show".
You can hold as many as you wish. Have a "Host Appreciation Luncheon", "Anniversary Get Together","Christmas in July Bazaar"(you can do this with other direct sale vendors) and "Kilo Club Appreciation Cocktail" or what ever else you want. Be sure not to invite the same people all the time or they will not attend. Make it a special event.
Kimberly

Open house/theme showsI do about 5+ shows a year at my house, i started with the open house and found it too casual for commitment. I now do theme shows, Mystery show, Fond of U fondue, Auction (this week for the first time) and there will be others. As well as the ideas already posted I also really light up my house for evening gatherings,(Christmas lights - all year) put out a sandwich board sign on my lawn, balloons and advertise in the paper, not that the advertisment helps much but reminds those that i have invited. I also do my call backs.

AuctionLorna,
I am curious what you do for a auction theme show?

Great information Ladies! Thanks!

1. What is the "Ideal for January Show" promotion all about?

The "Ideal for January Show" is a special promotion from Pampered Chef that offers discounts and deals on products that are perfect for healthy eating and cooking in the new year.

2. Can I still earn host rewards during the "Ideal for January Show"?

Yes, as a host of an "Ideal for January Show," you can still earn all the same rewards and benefits as a regular show, including free and discounted products based on your party sales.

3. Are there any specific products that are featured in the "Ideal for January Show"?

Yes, there are several products that are highlighted in the "Ideal for January Show" for their ability to help with meal prep, healthy cooking, and portion control. These include our Veggie Spiralizer, Quick Cooker, and Portion Control Serving Set.

4. Can I still invite guests to my "Ideal for January Show" if they are not interested in healthy cooking?

Of course! While the "Ideal for January Show" does focus on healthy cooking, there are still plenty of products and recipes that will appeal to all types of cooks and food enthusiasts. Plus, who doesn't love a good deal?

5. How long will the "Ideal for January Show" promotion last?

The "Ideal for January Show" promotion is only available for a limited time, so make sure to take advantage of it while you can! Check with your consultant for specific dates and deadlines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DitzyChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pchockeymom