• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Revamping Bookings: What Incentives Do Consultants Want?

In summary, the conversation discussed potential changes to the booking incentive program for Pampered Chef consultants. Some ideas mentioned included offering a different incentive than the current 60% off bonus specials for hosts, considering better rewards for past hosts, and looking at what other direct sales companies offer as booking incentives. The conversation also touched on the frustration of dealing with people who only book parties to help the host and not with the intention of actually hosting a show. Suggestions were made to possibly increase the FPV for catalog shows and provide a free product for each booking scheduled and held by a past host. It was mentioned that some companies have limited products only available to hosts who get bookings, but this can put pressure on the host and their guests. The group was curious
Karen Weber
Gold Member
If you could change our booking incentive program, what would you like to see changed? Something different than the 60% off bonus specials to host. What about the past host? Should she/he have something different.

What incentive do other direct sales companies offer that you have seen and thought was a good idea?

Besides booking games that consultants use to get bookings. Do you know of anything that either you, another p.c. consutlants or another direct sales consultant uses personally to entice bookings.

I recently had a past host complain about only getting to choose 1 of the past host specials and she has been doing shows for me for over 10 years and she thought we use to have better rewards for the past host when people booked off her show.

I'm just curious as to what is out there with other companies or if you know of any ideas that would be more appealing that we could pass on to Pampered Chef.

I think we have a great host program but I'm also hearing that other companies have better booking rewards for the past host.

Just curious.

Karen

Before we had the 60% item the host got 150 points for a booking which was worth about $3.

Karen, what are some of the other companies past host incentives? In addition to the 60% off item, they also receive a 10% discount for a year. Occasionally I will run into someone who wants to know if the host gets points for bookings. Many people said they would have a party just to add to the 150 points...still not a bargain and made much work for us trying to "hunt" down the show that was never going to be.

Honestly, I think our booking incentive is more of a protection for us than anything else. I love it. I was one of those who was constantly frustrated by people who said they'd book a party to help out the host, with absolutely NO intention of ever actually hosting a party.

"Does it help Mary if I book a party?"
"Well, yes, as a matter of fact, Mary can also receive the host bonus at your party when you book it from hers."
"But does it help her tonight - will she get any more from her show if I book one?"

That question right there is a signal to me that they aren't really interested in hosting a show. I don't want to ever have to deal with that again.

I agree! I would rather have a 1/2 full calendar of people that just WANT to have a show, than a full calendar of people I have to beg,con,promise things & STILL have them either cancel last minute or have 2 people show....

I love our host benefits. The only thing I think I'd even consider changing is bumping the FPV just a hair so that $150 Catalog Show hosts get at least $10 in free stuff. But across the board that would be a BIG change for PC so not sure they'd go for it.

Most of my catalog hosts with around $150 are just hosting to get the host bonus.
Usually that's why they'll book in a certain month. I'm grateful they can get that at the $150.
I still wish they had the $150 or 5 orders. But I realize that was good for me and the host and not PC.

I like that hosts only get a benefit from bookings when those shows actually hold. I've heard some companies have products that hosts can only get when they get bookings at their shows, not that those bookings actually hold. It seems host resent these kinds of limited products. It puts pressure on the host and her guests. Remember when we had host-only products? It was great when we got rid of them and then we had the spell of host-only DCBs. Blech!

I wouldn't want to give someone something to someone until the show actually held. I was thinking more like for every booking schedule and held the past host could choose 1 product $10.00 or less from the catalog and get it free at the show that was booked off of theirs. It seems to me people like the word free instead of % off at your show. A lot of times my past hosts do not even buy the 60% off product because they don't have any use for it. I'm sure that factors in on whether a person who books actually will hold their show.

I'm not familiar with anyone's host program other than ours including other direct sales booking rewards. I was hoping someone who hosted another direct sales show could share what other companies offer to see how ours stacked up. It's always nice to know what your competition is doing.

Karen

I have hosted only one other direct sales party and no one booked so no help with other DS past host benefits with me.

You could do the incentive you suggested on your own, but it would end up costing you $9.00 plus tax. I hear what you are saying but sometimes in the 13 years I have been doing PC, people will complain about something and when you "give" in to them, they end up trying to see what else they can get for free out of you.

Usually, I explain to them about our old system and how the host "booking points" we used to have added up to $1.00...the cost of a quick cut paring knife. But now when a guest books off from (I use the host's name to personalize it) "Suzy"she can choose an item that can save her $47.40*. The Pampered Chef found that this was a more generous benefit for the past host. So then I ask her if she would like to schedule a party so Suzy can take advantage of this deep savings. When you can have them visualize what the benefit is worth, they usually
get it.

* The $47.40 is based on the largest priced item for next month's host benefit. When they have something like cookware on special the dollar amount you throw out then really makes a big impression.

I RARELY host home shows. Actually, I'd never hosted one before I signed as a consultant. I didn't like them, and I still don't. :roflmao:

However, I just had a Norwex Party in February, and I was a bit disappointed in their host benefits, although I got a lot of free stuff from my party.

Almost all of their host benefits are predetermined, other than the 10% I got free for my show sales. I got a list of products free for having a $750 show, and I got another list of products free for having 15 buying guests. For bookings, I got a window cleaning cloth for each booking. I didn't have a choice - it had to be a window cleaning cloth. Well, I'd already gotten one from my consultant for hosting, and I got one in one of my other packages of products, and then I had 4 bookings, so I got 4 more. I REALLY wish I'd been able to get something besides more window cloths. (and parties had to be booked within 45 days of my show.)

All in All, I was happy with my host benefits, but I was disappointed for the people who booked from my show, because the predetermined host products for March and April weren't as good as what I got in February. Bummer for them.

I've hosted a number of parties for other companies and have yet to find a program that's as good as ours. most give you NOTHING at the booking show. Lots of them require a booking or two for you to get free product (or extra free product) but most you get zip when you actually attend the other shows. And I haven't seen anyone do something like our PHD. I love love love our booking benefits.

I agree, I have hosted for a few other companies and yet had one that comes even close to PC's host benefits. The one that drives me crazy is when you pay tax on ALL of your free and half price items (tax on the full amount). Most of the companies I can think of that have a booking benefit it is more free product or I think I have done several where you only get half price items for getting bookings. Plus every time there is alot of pressure on the guests to book because it is like you don't get your full host rewards without getting bookings, and I don't like that and I don't think I have ever gotten a booking for any show I have done. I LOVE PC's host rewards!

What is an ideal booking incentive?

An ideal booking incentive is a reward or benefit offered to customers in order to encourage them to make a reservation or booking. It can take many forms, such as discounts, free upgrades, loyalty points, or complimentary services.

Why is an ideal booking incentive important?

An ideal booking incentive is important because it helps businesses attract and retain customers. It can also increase sales and revenue, as well as create a positive image and reputation for the company.

What are some examples of ideal booking incentives?

Some examples of ideal booking incentives include a percentage discount on the total booking cost, a free night stay for every multiple nights booked, complimentary breakfast or spa services, loyalty points for future bookings, and free upgrades to a higher room category or vehicle rental.

How can businesses determine the right booking incentive?

Businesses can determine the right booking incentive by understanding their target audience and their preferences. They can also conduct market research and analyze competitors' incentives to see what works best. It is important to choose an incentive that is valuable to customers and aligns with the company's goals.

Are there any drawbacks to offering booking incentives?

There can be drawbacks to offering booking incentives, such as decreased profit margins and difficulty in managing and tracking the incentives. It is important for businesses to carefully plan and budget their incentives to ensure they are financially sustainable. Additionally, some customers may take advantage of the incentives without making a genuine reservation, so it is important to have measures in place to prevent fraud.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Karen Weber