• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Threads: Let's share our stories!

In summary, venting threads are used to release excess steam and pressure from food while cooking in a closed container. They are necessary for containers that require steam and pressure to be released, such as pressure cookers or slow cookers, to prevent the lid from popping off and ensure even cooking. They should be inserted into the designated venting hole on the lid and can be reused multiple times with proper cleaning and maintenance.
MichelleRoth
How about a "Venting Thread"?

It's nice to be able to vent, but I seem to see vent postings all over the place!

It's great to be able to hear how someone else had a problem and overcame it, and how they handled it, so we all have tips for next time..

Just my 2 cents.

:)

Good idea. We could call it "steamed". haha. :D

heehee
or
Steamed, Baked and Burnt!

MichelleRoth, be my guest and start one :)

Which Category?But which category?

I was thinking more of the general heading, like where Canadian Consultants, Recruiting, etc. are.

:)

But if not, where do you think the best place would be??

M

Oh you mean a whole venting forum? :D

YupYup, Exactly ;)

DebPC and I have concluded not to add a vent forum on the sole basis of it's negativity in nature.

1. What are venting threads used for?

Venting threads are used to release excess steam and pressure from food while cooking in a closed container, such as a pressure cooker or slow cooker. This helps prevent the lid from popping off and ensures that your food cooks evenly.

2. How do I know when to use a venting thread?

You should use a venting thread whenever you are cooking food in a closed container, such as a pressure cooker or slow cooker. If the recipe calls for the lid to be sealed, you should use a venting thread to release any excess steam.

3. Can I use a venting thread on any type of container?

No, venting threads are specifically designed for use on containers that require steam and pressure to be released while cooking. They are not necessary for containers with open lids, such as pots and pans.

4. How do I use a venting thread?

To use a venting thread, simply insert it into the designated venting hole on the lid of your cooking container. Make sure it is securely in place to prevent steam from escaping. When the food is finished cooking, remove the venting thread before opening the lid.

5. Can I reuse a venting thread?

Yes, venting threads can be reused multiple times as long as they are cleaned and maintained properly. After each use, wash the venting thread with warm soapy water and allow it to dry completely before storing it away for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefNic
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jrny2001
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrny2001
  • PChefPEI