• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Website with News and Calendars: Tips from Bbaumanskitchen

In summary, the author of this website shares ideas and does not feel guilty about using other people's ideas. She recommends advertising all of your shows on your website.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I hope we can do this. :rolleyes:

I have been updating my website the last few days.

what do you put in your news section?

what do you put on your calendars?

/bbaumanskitchen

Brooke feel free to check mine out, I always look at other peoples websites, why reinvent the wheel./alfskitchen

You can check mine out too. /partywithwendy

Amanda I hope you don't care if I copy some of what you have on yours. If you do let me know and I will take it off.

Here's mine /annepratt.

I have gotten lots of great ideas from this site.

I don't care copy away, and bookmark my page! I have about 10 pages bookmarked so when I am at the begining of the month I start looking around for ideas!!!!Copy, copy, oh wait don't copy that it's mine! J/K LOL:)

We had a little workshop on websites at our meeting a few months ago. Here's my favorite ideas:
Keep your kilo club updated on there so hosts are trying to get their name posted
Post a new recipe on the 1st and on the 15th, making them return to see the newest recipe
Have a game like how Taste of Home does the Hide the Toothpick. Make them find a certain fact of something else on your website. Send winners a Season's Best or something similar.
Be sure to use the words at your show: "Add me to your favorites"

I noticed that Tom Marston's website has instructions for guests to return defective items. I'm going to implement this so they don't expect me to do it for them. I'll just refer them to my site for instruction.

Feel free to copy from me. /lindachild

If something looks oddly familiar....I may have copied it from you!

Last edited:
here's ours.............../kitchencop
:)

here's mine: /bbrigham

The idea of this website is to share ideas! I don't think anyone should feel guilty using anything shared here. If someone doesn't want their ideas used they should not be posting them.

I do think that credit should be given to the author though. I have seen things posted on sites like ours and on emails that the author claimed she/he created but I had seen (or created) before. Even saying "I don't remember who did the original but here's what I have tweeked it into" is fine. I don't think you have to put that disclaimer on your website or emails to your customers - it just should be added when sharing the idea with other consultants. MHO

BethCooks4U said:
here's mine: /bbrigham

The idea of this website is to share ideas! I don't think anyone should feel guilty using anything shared here. If someone doesn't want their ideas used they should not be posting them.

I do think that credit should be given to the author though. I have seen things posted on sites like ours and on emails that the author claimed she/he created but I had seen (or created) before. Even saying "I don't remember who did the original but here's what I have tweeked it into" is fine. I don't think you have to put that disclaimer on your website or emails to your customers - it just should be added when sharing the idea with other consultants. MHO

I totally agree...../gingersnap

This is a great thread!!

This is a great thread :) This is what makes PC so special for me. I love being a part of a company that encourages working together to share ideas. I had enough of "every man for himself" in the corporate world!!

Anyone know what Tom Marston's is? (I tried /tommarston but that didn't work.) I'd like to see what he says about product returns.

/lisadewees.....but don't look until tomorrow, I don't think I've updated it this month!!! :eek:

Tom's is /cookingtom.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this thread. I agree with Beth about the giving credit where credit is due, I have never intentionally claimed someone elses work.

I thought this would be a good way to share you we con't have to reinvent the wheel. Almost everything on my website is borrowed,

I thought this should be bumped to see if anyone has any new and exciting web ideas to share.

here's mine /NikkiW

here's mine /melindagochenaur

I borrow and tweak too! And sometimes, I even come up with something original on my own!! :D

Someone on this thread, maybe the original poster asked what you put on the calendar.....I would just like to share this tip. I put EVERYTHING Pampered Chef related on my calendar. Every show, every special event, and even have something out there for when I pull together "behind the apron" talks at coffee shops, etc.

I highly recommend advertising all of your shows on your website...you just never know when someone out there lurking might know a host and place an order simply because they know them and want to support them. It happens! It happened to one of my hosts! Back in February I had set up a show on my calendar, and also set up host e-tools for an upcoming show for March.....when my March host went into set up her guest list, she snooped around on other areas of my website, and she discovered that I was doing a February show for someone that she had gone to high school with 20 years ago, and she placed an order just because it was her! My host of course enjoyed the credit for the sale, and also enjoyed reconnecting with this person.....and I have used this as an example ever since.

I like keeping my website fresh and update....and am always looking for new ideas.

Melinda

I put my shows on the site but just the city they are in...I don't know if my hosts want their names out there or not like that.

I also do the product replacement thing, and got that from Gourmet Girl ...that and the idea to add order instructions for fundraisers running :D

/lisacburns

Mine is /annepratt.

Mos of it is from here! Just has a few original ideas...

AJPratt said:
This is a great thread!!

Anne - are you the "pamperedAJ" from some of the other yahoogroups loops? Like Kathyspcloop? If so, I just have to give you a very belated thank you!!!! When I started my business 5 years ago, I discovered the yahoogroups consultant loops, and one of the first things I came across was a thread on recyclable host binders.....there was a very detailed listing from pamperedAJ, that I followed and tweaked and molded to meet my needs. I learned alot from that information - and have always appreciated it. If that is you, I'm so glad to put a face with a name (by seeing your picture!)!! :)

I know my comments are off topic of the thread for the Website Ideas, sorry - I just couldn't resist my curiosity any longer!

Now, back to the original topic.....I've appreciated seeing everyone's websites - it's great to see how everybody does things.

Melinda

Sorry... but that wasn't me. On the other loops I'm Anne_Pratt1. I'm sure someone will read this and be able to tell you who pamperedAJ is/was.

Wow~Anne I just wanted to say that I pirated like half of your website! I LOVED it! It is awesome, so I hope ya dont mind!:) :) :) :D :D :D

Thank you... I got half of it from others! Glad to help!

Hey, great idea:)
/lacyskitchen is mine...

This was great! I stole a few things and added something of my own - my very own original stuff! It's under Benefits of Cooking with Kids at /jenniferposey. Everything else I stole.

New ideas, maybe not but here is mine if you want to check it out :)
/cherylbatcher

Mine is /KimMoelk

I have all sorts of different stuff (some ideas from here, some not) -- I've tweaked just about everything I've borrowed to make it more "me."

Check mine out too! /gillianwright

bump :) :) :) :)
Here you go Laurel.

Last edited:
Just wanted to thank everyone for their ideas. In just 30 minutes I made a bunch of my changes that I think makes my site even better. So thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts and allow other cheffers to borrow your work.

You're very welcome! There's an expression in my industry where "When you steal an idea from someone, its already been stolen twice"!

Anne, the afternoon drive guy who is number 1 and leads every category in this market has had the catchphrase, "Standing up for Milwaukee" since he got here about 20 years ago.The stick that is number 1 in every other demo except afternoon drive (see above) paid a consulant a metric crapload of money to come up with a new slogan: Standing up for what's right.It's pretty bad when you have to pay a consultant to steal from someone in your own market! (Those who cannot do, teach. Those who cannot teach, consult.)As for my page /thekitchenguy I'm always behind. I really need to keep up with all of you!

KG: You're right... Our overpaid consultant has stolen plenty of things while still in use at the other stations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
3RingChef