• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Money at a Town-Wide Garage Sale: Can it Work?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of using a town-wide garage sale as a platform for selling Pampered Chef products and possibly recruiting new consultants. The speakers share their own experiences and offer suggestions for making the most of the opportunity. They also suggest including contact information and promoting the event to maximize success.
heyyou
Hey I had an earlier post (I don't know anyone in my area, but I want to sell PC). Anyway I was reading in our local paper about a town wide garage sell that is in May.If you call in the next week they put you on the garage sell map. I live in the country and thought what if I could find a place to set a table up in town and sell? Was wondering what luck any of you have had with this, or any ideas. I was told that if I signed up with PC after April 15th then my first starter month would be the end of May.So I would have April and May to try to earn my $1250. So I thought maybe the garage sell would work?

That is a GREAT idea! You can set up a table at the yard sale and put out your catalogs and products from your kit. As people come to the table, you can show them the catalog and have them place an order. I'd offer a gift for those that set up a show.

I just worked at a yard sale yesterday. A local high school sold tables for $50 to make money for their track team. I had door prize drawing slips on clip boards and any time someone wandered by my table, I asked them if they wanted to sign up for a drawing. I drew one name each hour for a Season's Best. After they signed up, I asked if they had any of our products, would they want to host a kitchen/catalog show - just basically started a conversation about Pampered Chef. By the end of the show, I had one recruit lead and three or four people interested in a show. I also scheduled a fund raiser with the track coach.

Make sure your name and contact info. is on whatever you had out to the people who stop at your table. I made up a flyer with a PC recipe on it and my info. at the bottom. This way people will (hopefully) keep the paper for the recipe and still have my name and number if they ever want to contact me.

Let us all know how your garage sale goes!!!

Hi there! That sounds like a great idea to set up a table at the town wide garage sale. It's definitely worth a try to reach out to potential customers and spread the word about Pampered Chef. You could also consider reaching out to local businesses or community centers to see if they would allow you to set up a table there as well. Additionally, you could offer a special promotion or discount for those who purchase from you at the garage sale. Good luck with your business and I hope the garage sale is a success for you!

1. Can I make a profit by participating in a town-wide garage sale?

Yes, participating in a town-wide garage sale can be a great way to make money. With a large number of potential customers in one location, you have a higher chance of selling your items and making a profit.

2. How do I select which items to sell at the garage sale?

Choose items that are in good condition and have a high demand. Popular items at garage sales include clothing, furniture, books, and household items. Consider also selling higher-priced items such as electronics or appliances to increase your profits.

3. How should I price my items?

It's important to price your items competitively. Research the prices of similar items online or in thrift stores to get an idea of what to charge. You can also consider offering deals such as bundle discounts or BOGO (buy one, get one) offers.

4. Is it worth it to pay for a booth or table at the town-wide garage sale?

It depends on the location and size of the garage sale. If it's a popular event with a high number of attendees, it may be worth it to pay for a booth or table. This will give you a designated spot to display your items and potentially attract more customers.

5. How do I advertise my participation in the town-wide garage sale?

Take advantage of social media to advertise your participation in the garage sale. You can also make flyers and distribute them in your neighborhood or post them on community bulletin boards. Don't forget to include the date, time, and location of the garage sale in your advertisement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • onepamperedmom68