• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Host an Authentic Mexican Fiesta on a Budget?

In summary, for a Mexican fiesta, popular dishes include tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, burritos, and quesadillas, with side dishes like rice, beans, and guacamole. Recommended Pampered Chef products include the Manual Food Processor, Mix 'N Chop, and Rockcrok® Dutch Oven. For festive decorations and tableware, check out the Fiesta Stoneware Collection and Chip & Dip Platter. For guests with dietary restrictions, options include vegetarian dishes like black bean and vegetable tacos, and gluten-free options like corn tortillas or a taco salad with corn chips. To make the fiesta more interactive, consider setting up a build-your-own taco or nacho bar, a salsa taste-testing station,
mrssyvo
I am having 2 Mexican Fiesta shows next month, and I wanted to try some "authenic" mexican recipes without making a mess. I went to the recipe files on the PC website, and looked at the Spanish Season's Best. There are some great ones there, and since I live in a suburb of Chicago, I can get the ingredients real easy. I am excited to try them out. Also, does anyone have instructions on making the big colorful flowers out of tissue paper, used in Mexican Fiesta decorating. I thought that would be a cheap way of adding some color to my decorating without spending alot of money. I have some mexican blankets that will work well. I am going to make a CD of murachi (sp) music to play before and after the show. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Crepe Paper Flowers - Mexican FiestaThis link will provide you with the basics. You can use different sized paper than suggested. If you make larger, add a few more pieces of paper.
You can also use multiple colors together instead of all the same. To me, they're more fiesta looking because the go with the colorful blankets, etc.

http://www.kckpl.lib.ks.us/ys/crafts/papflowr.htm

Lastly, you can do the same thing with coffee filters and markers. Draw colors on the filter. Mist with water, or quickly lay in paper plate with little amount of water. This causes the colors to bleed. After they dry well, follow the directions on this link: http://www.kidsdomain.com/craft/flower1.html

We've done both with Kindergarten and First graders. Quick, easy and fun.

Thank you so much !!!! It is exactly what I was looking for.

1. What are some popular Mexican dishes that I can make for a fiesta?

Some popular Mexican dishes to make for a fiesta include tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, burritos, and quesadillas. You can also add side dishes like rice, beans, and guacamole.

2. Can you recommend any Pampered Chef products for making a Mexican fiesta?

Yes! Our Manual Food Processor is perfect for quickly chopping ingredients for salsas and dips. Our Mix 'N Chop is great for shredding cooked chicken or beef for tacos. And our Rockcrok® Dutch Oven is perfect for cooking large batches of rice or beans.

3. How can I make my fiesta more festive with decorations and tableware?

We have a variety of fiesta-inspired products that can help bring some color and fun to your party. Check out our Fiesta Stoneware Collection for colorful plates, bowls, and serving platters. Our Chip & Dip Platter is also a great choice for serving chips and salsa.

4. I have guests with dietary restrictions. Can you suggest some options for a vegetarian or gluten-free Mexican fiesta?

For vegetarian options, you can make black bean and vegetable tacos, grilled veggie skewers, or a quinoa and black bean salad. For gluten-free options, corn tortillas are a great substitute for flour tortillas. You can also make a gluten-free taco salad using corn chips instead of flour tortillas.

5. How can I make my fiesta more interactive and fun for my guests?

One idea is to set up a build-your-own taco bar or nacho bar. This allows guests to customize their own dishes and adds a fun element to the party. You can also have a salsa taste-testing station with different levels of spiciness for guests to try. Adding some Mexican-themed games or activities can also make the fiesta more interactive and enjoyable for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pchefjaime
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
astavnes
  • julsradford