1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Idea for Mexican Fiesta

1. mrssyvo

mrssyvo Veteran Member

I am having 2 Mexican Fiesta shows next month, and I wanted to try some "authenic" mexican recipes without making a mess. I went to the recipe files on the PC website, and looked at the Spanish Season's Best. There are some great ones there, and since I live in a suburb of Chicago, I can get the ingredients real easy. I am excited to try them out. Also, does anyone have instructions on making the big colorful flowers out of tissue paper, used in Mexican Fiesta decorating. I thought that would be a cheap way of adding some color to my decorating without spending alot of money. I have some mexican blankets that will work well. I am going to make a CD of murachi (sp) music to play before and after the show. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Oct 20, 2005
  2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Crepe Paper Flowers - Mexican Fiesta

This link will provide you with the basics. You can use different sized paper than suggested. If you make larger, add a few more pieces of paper.
    You can also use multiple colors together instead of all the same. To me, they're more fiesta looking because the go with the colorful blankets, etc.

http://www.kckpl.lib.ks.us/ys/crafts/papflowr.htm

Lastly, you can do the same thing with coffee filters and markers. Draw colors on the filter. Mist with water, or quickly lay in paper plate with little amount of water. This causes the colors to bleed. After they dry well, follow the directions on this link: http://www.kidsdomain.com/craft/flower1.html

We've done both with Kindergarten and First graders. Quick, easy and fun.

Oct 20, 2005
  3. mrssyvo

mrssyvo Veteran Member

Thank you so much !!!! It is exactly what I was looking for.

Oct 20, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted