• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea for Catalog Presentation

I use them as my host gift just like many others.In summary, the conversation revolved around the use of three-ring binders and page protectors to create separate notebooks for catalogs. This approach was seen as a cost-effective way to save money on catalog expenses and also provide a hard surface for guests to write on and display guest specials and other information. Some people also included business cards, stickers, and other branded materials in their notebooks for a more professional look. There was some discussion about whether it is better to give out catalogs at the show or encourage guests to take them home. One person shared a successful experience of someone booking a show and becoming a consultant after seeing her catalog. The conversation also mentioned a table comparing the benefits of spending
betht471
I am thinking about using a three ring binder and page protectors and seperating my catalogs. I know this has been mentioned here but there is no real disscussion from anyone who has done it. I thought I would make 10-15 of these notebooks and keep them in my car and pull out however many I needed at each show. I would also bring loose catalogs for those people who wanted to take one with them. This would give the guest a hard surface to write on, a place to show off guest specials and any other info I wanted to share, and I would always have catalogs ready for each showl. What do you think? Is this too impersonable? Has anyone done it? Is anyone doing it now?

Yes, I do it. I have the plastic type portfolio folders with prongs. I put a PC logo sticker on the front and some other miscellaneous stickers from Nancy's artworks (love my job, thank you, ask me, etc's). On the inside front folder, I have the special (in one of them). I don't put the order forms & pens in them because I don't want to have to re-pack folders to prepare for another show. I just hand them out at the show while I give my introduction. I too, think it provides them with a hard surface to write on, and keeps catalog costs down. I do however, offer one to take with them if they ask. And always mention website to view the products anytime. I used to pass out a business card when they turned in their order, but have gotten away from that. I cannot say that it has hurt my business any. I give manilla folders that they get to keep, so it has my contact info on it as well as some other cutesy stickers, etc. And, on the inside it has the table (can't think of the name) with the guest spending $100, versus a host spending $100, versus becoming a consultant for $100.

I also separate 10-15 catalogues in folders with page protectors. I know I've saved ALOT of money on catalogues this way. If anyone asks if they can take a catalogue with them home I have at least 5 extra handy and I can give them one. It also encourages people to order there at the show. I would rather them order at the show than them take it home and forget to order. I would love to be able to afford giving out catalogues all the time at my shows but it is nice to have to not order catalogues so much.

I just did all this last night! I bought folders and I will put a catalog (when the new ones get here) a registration form, a order form and a pen. There was also a place in the folder to put my business card. I thought I would tell the guest they are welcome to take it out of the folder for future use. I put a couple stickers on the inside pocket as well. I am going to order the Pampered Chef logo stickers from Merrell this week to put on the front of the folder. They look very proffessional. I am also going to use the idea I saw on a thread here about putting the monthly host special for the next month in one folder. I am going to put the guest special as well .

The main reason I did this however was to cut back on people asking to take home my catalogs. I have no problem with them taking one for future orders or to show others but I think alot of times people are catalog junkies and just like to have them lying around to thumb through. I am guilty as well!

What is the table that compares the 100 dollars spent by a guest vs host vs becoming a consultant? Can someone send it to me? [email protected] or post an attachment?

I have to say that I'd rather spend on the catalogs. The basic reason I say that, is years ago somebody had a catalog of mine that they took to work. Somebody else picked it up and booked a show, then had others book off of her, then she decided to become a consultant. Needless to say, one silly catalog brought me a bunch of business! Now I give them out all over. But, I know they are costly when you don't have much to spend all at once!

Ange

I do the opposite - I *encourage* people to take my catalogs home. I recently got a show because a customer (someone who came to the show) left the catalog out and her Mom saw it and called me! The $160 I made from her Mom's show more than makes up for some lost catalogs.

Just offering the other side.

My concern isnt catalogs as much as it is giving the guests a hard surface and putting the monthly specials right there for them to see. I dont mind them taking the catalogs with them. Do you use the lapboards? They are so expensive. Has anyone bought one from Merrill yet?

I use...the colored folders with 3 prongs inside but also have two pockets in them and a business card holder inside. I put the catalog and order form on one side and the host special and guest special on the other side. I put the PC logo sticker on the front and 1 PHD sticker from nancy's inside on the opposite page as the biz. card. They use it to write on for a hard surface on top of their laps usually. I have only had 1 or 2 people accidently take home the whole folder! I ask that they return the folder but they are free to take any of the contents home! I have gotten compliments that it is a professional looking package as I hand them out! And they mostly get recycled each month. Some do take catalogs but not everyone! I feel it's worth it, as they could take it home to share with others for possible extra orders!

Just wanted to share my way. :p

I used to separate my catalogs into page protectors for about 1.5 years. It did become a hassle changing out 15-20 folders every 6 months. Very time consuming and not worth it. I now use the same folders but, like the previous poster said, I put a catalog on one side and then the order form, pen and opportunity flyer on the other side. The folders also have a place for my business card. I let them know that they are welcome to take the catalog home and to please take my business card in case they ever have a question, need any products or would like to have a show of their own. I still get guests & hosts saying that my folders are very professional. By making the catalogs more accessible for them they are more likely to take it home or to work and it will get passed on to someone else. I love it when that happens! If you think about it, our catalogs are not all that expensive compared to other direct sells companies. We are very fortunate to only pay approx. 40 cents per catalog instead of $2 to $3 per catalog.

lapboard ideaHI everyone...I didn't have time to read through all the postings here but I did see someone ask about lapboards and how expensive they are...here's an idea...you may have heard it already!! I bought 15 white 3 ring binders that have the little pockets inside each side.. They also had the clear slip cover on the front and back of the binder. I took my scissors and carefully cut the front off the 3 ring strip as well as cut the back off! Now I have 30 lapboards!!! I can put the upcoming host special or whatever in the clear cover part and where the half pockets are I put the receipt, catalog, doorprize slip and recipe card in there!!! Now they have a hard surface to write on and everything is there for them!
Hope this helps someone
karlene director in OHIO

lapboardThat is an excellent idea, Karlene! I'm going to have to try it! My current way is using the folders. I love your idea!

Christina

Christina3891 said:
Could I get it too please? [email protected]
I posted it under Recruiting. You can go to that thread, or go to the files section and do a search for What Could You Get for 100 Dollars, in the Recruiting forum

What are some creative ideas for a successful catalog presentation?

1. Themed presentations: Choose a specific theme for your catalog presentation, such as a holiday or seasonal theme, and tailor your products and demonstrations accordingly.

2. Interactive demonstrations: Encourage audience participation by having them try out products or play games related to your products.

3. Before and after demonstrations: Show the transformation of a dish or product using your tools, before and after using them.

4. Product bundles: Showcase how different products can be used together to create a complete set or meal.

5. Testimonials: Share customer reviews and testimonials to build trust and credibility in your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Angel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PC Angel
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hperschnick
  • Products and Tips
Replies