• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which is better: iContact or Constant Contact?

to sign up for a paid account with TT, I would have to change my Yahoo groups to something like "Personal" or "Family" or something like that.I currently use Constant Contact and appreciate seeing opens, including links. My subscription is up and I've been seeing stuff about iContact. I have contacts in Outlook. Does it upload from there? My biggest complaint on that front with CC is that if I update and email address, I have to do it in Outlook AND CC.Otherwise, both programs are very similar. If you like CC, stick with it. I like iContact better.
Jules711
Silver Member
Has anyone used both? Do you have a preference? I currently use Constant Contact and appreciate seeing opens, including links. My subscription is up and I've been seeing stuff about iContact. I have contacts in Outlook. Does it upload from there? My biggest complaint on that front with CC is that if I update and email address, I have to do it in Outlook AND CC.

Anyway...opinions on which is better is MUCH appreciated!!!

I haven't used CC, but use icontact.

icontact does show opens and clicks on links. When you set it up you can import from a outlook file. But it is not linked, if you update your outlook, you will continue to have to update your icontact data too.

As mentioned, they are not linked... however, in iContact, you can upload a file or paste contacts, and it will overwrite and only add those that are new.... meaning, you don't have to cull through your Outlook contacts to find those that were added last time... just blanket upload them again and iContact will pick through and let you know how many "new" ones were added. If you do that once a month or however often, it shouldn't be too much work.

I'm willing to be Constant Contact does the same thing but I am not familiar with their setup. I do use and promote iContact.

Yes, CC is the same that way. I just upload my entire folder. Anyone use both and have a preference???

Constant contact spammed me (or it felt like it) when I signed up for a trial. Search I think I posted it before :)

I have CC and haven't really had any problems with them. I think I remember them contacting me after I signed up, but that seemed like customer service. Make sure that I feel comfortable using it b/c if I didn't, I wouldn't get it. I don't remember being hit with emails or anything. After I signed up, it's only in response to what I do. Customer service is great. I am still looking for people that have used both. I guess I'm happy and comfy with CC so wondering if I'd want to bother to change :). Thanks!!

bumping...:)

Constant Contact is the leading seller of that type of service. However, I think iContact tries harder to be better. They are also less expensive than CC. I've never had any problems with customer service and their help files are fantastic. Now that Mike has a one click method of importing the newsletters into iContact, I can get my email out in just a few minutes. I don't think he offers that for CC.Otherwise, both programs are very similar. If you like CC, stick with it. I like iContact better.

I just started using a new service that was recommended to me by my Longaberger consultant. She uses it to send out her newsletter, so I thought I would give it a try. There is a free 30 day trial. It is a service like Constant Contact and Icontact, but it is for direct selling consultants. It's cheaper than either of those services too. The website is http://www.newslettersbyemailinc.com

I've liked it so far and the templates are designed for direct selling businesses.

I cannot get the templates to show up on my computer for Newsletters by Email. It says template not found on this server. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what you mean. I would email the company. They have a feedback form that you can email questions. I emailed about the amount of templates for cooking tools and they responded pretty quickly. They are just launching their site and are adding new templates and categories each week.

I use Vertical Response. I did the 15 day free trial on icontact and it was ok but I went back to the other one because it was 1/2 the price for more emails!

I just came across this one tonight: Email Marketing Software by ContactologyI know nothing about them but am intrigued by their pay-per-send pricing structure. For those of you with smaller mailing lists, it may be a less expensive alternative that still gives you the tracking information.

ok, hopefully you guys can help me. I susbcribled to TT (I love it !!) and I set up a Yahoo account, to send them out with, because it would not work on Juno. Now, I can only send a few out per hour with Yahoo, and my groups can only be 10 in a group. WTH- It really does not make it any easier to send out my newsletter- If I were to use Constant Contact, or another service like that- Can I send out my newsletter all at once, and not have to go through this every month? I am so tired of having to jump through all of these circles just to send my newsletter !! I would much rather spend the time growing my team, and filling my calendar !!!

mrssyvo said:
ok, hopefully you guys can help me. I susbcribled to TT (I love it !!) and I set up a Yahoo account, to send them out with, because it would not work on Juno. Now, I can only send a few out per hour with Yahoo, and my groups can only be 10 in a group. WTH- It really does not make it any easier to send out my newsletter- If I were to use Constant Contact, or another service like that- Can I send out my newsletter all at once, and not have to go through this every month? I am so tired of having to jump through all of these circles just to send my newsletter !! I would much rather spend the time growing my team, and filling my calendar !!!

If you use icontact, you just load in your list, create your email and tell it to send. You don't have to chunk up your list into small groups.

Same with Constant Contact. I'm guessing all of those services are like that. That's part of the reason I wanted to do that. If you are considering joining on of those, I'd contact one of us b/c most of them give a referral bonus. Not sure if it's for both people or not. I really do like CC b/c I love seeing that they are OPENING my email!

Ho wmuch is it?

I use Newsletters by Email (http://www.newslettersbyemailinc.com) and they charge based on your list size. I've looked at Constant Contact and IContact and Newsletters by Email is cheaper. There is no limit on how many emails campaigns you send, you just pay based on how many email addresses you upload.

I pay $11 a month for up to 500 email addresses. IContact would cost me $14 and Constant Contact would cost me $15 a month. IContact limits the amount of emails you can send per month to 6x the amount of email addresses you pay for. NBE doesn't have a limit. Constant Contact charges for their survey features, NBE doesn't.

Do you get a discount on CC or IC if you use Tasty Tidbits or the newsletter? Write now I am writing my own newsletters using the templates on NBE, but I'm thinking about subscribing to their PC newsletter service, then it will only cost me $7 a month to send out the newsletter.

You just have to research all the options, NBE is the one that I feel works best for my needs.

What is the difference between iContact and Constant Contact?

iContact and Constant Contact are both email marketing platforms that help businesses and organizations manage their email campaigns. The main difference is that iContact is more focused on small businesses and offers a simpler, user-friendly interface, while Constant Contact is better suited for larger businesses with more advanced email marketing needs.

Which platform has better email delivery rates?

Both iContact and Constant Contact have high email delivery rates, as they use similar methods to ensure that emails reach their intended recipients. However, Constant Contact has a slight edge in this area, as they have a dedicated team that monitors email deliverability and works to maintain a high sender reputation.

Can I integrate iContact and Constant Contact with other tools and platforms?

Yes, both iContact and Constant Contact offer integrations with popular tools and platforms such as Salesforce, WordPress, and Shopify. This allows you to streamline your email marketing efforts and connect with your other business systems.

Which platform has better customer support?

Both iContact and Constant Contact offer excellent customer support, with options for phone, live chat, and email support. However, Constant Contact has a larger support team and offers more extensive support resources, making it the preferred choice for businesses that require more personalized support.

Is there a free trial available for iContact and Constant Contact?

Yes, both iContact and Constant Contact offer free trials so that you can test out their features and see which platform is the best fit for your business. iContact offers a 30-day free trial, while Constant Contact offers a 60-day free trial, giving you ample time to explore the platforms and make an informed decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies