• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unsubscribes, Complaints & Adding Contacts: Icontact Questions

In summary, the conversation was about using iContact to send out a monthly newsletter and the speaker had two questions. The first question was about how to view complaints and the second was about how to send the newsletter to new contacts without sending it to the entire group again. It was explained that complaints are a part of the unsubscribe process and that they are not a big deal. The solution for the second question was to create a segment for the new contacts and send the newsletter to that segment. It was also suggested to ask for read receipts when forwarding the newsletter from a personal email.
CAPCnewbie
I use Icontact to send out my monthly newsletter and I have 2 questions about it that i was hoping smeone had the answers to.
1. I had someone unsubscribe from my newsletter this morning (no big deal), but when I looked at the tracking dashboard it said there was 1 complaint. I know how to view comments, unsubscribes, bounces etc, but how do you view the complaints? I've never seen that before and am curious about it. Does that mean that possibly the person who unsubscribed has made a complaint?

2. I just sent out my newsletter at the beginning of the week but have just added 4 more contacts. How can i send the newsletter to them without sending it to the whole group list again?

Thanks for any help.

You cannot view complaints. It's part of the unsubscribe process--it's no big deal.I think for #2, I would just send them the newsletter from your regular email account. Did you send a copy of it to yourself? Just forward it to them.

Create a segment for those 4 contacts based on date added. When in iContact, click on contacts, then segments. You should be able to create a new segment. Then you have a choice of date added for the criteria.

You can then to send and re-send your newsletter to that segment.

The complaint means that the newsletter was marked spam. This can be done either by the recipient themselves, or it can be something automatic by their email service provider. Either way, no biggie.

It does mean though, that the customer may not know it was done. When you do your next CCC, you may just want to ask if she's receiving your newsletter.

I had a customer forward the newsletter to me & ask to be removed. Just to test how it all works, I scrolled down to the bottom & clicked the "manage my subscription" link. It gave 2 options: 1) unsubscribe from just that newsletter (which means that if you build multiple groups they can and WILL be added to another group - I found that out the hard way!) or 2) do not contact. I chose the "do not contact" link & it acknowledged that it was successful. I looked at the unsubscribes & complaints before doing that, then again after. Both numbers increased by 1 count. So it appears to me that if they mark the "do not contact" option, it's considered an automatic complaint. I did not get an option for "complain on this sender" and still got another complaint added to my numbers. ;)

Thankyou ladies. And duh me..never thought about forwarding the newsletter from my own email. I may just include a request read receipt so i know if they've opened it or not.

If you forward yours, make sure you go down to the bottom & delete the "manage my subscription" link! You wouldn't want anyone accidentally deleting YOU from your own newsletter!!! ;)

1. How do I unsubscribe from Pampered Chef emails?

To unsubscribe from Pampered Chef emails, simply click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. This will take you to a page where you can confirm your request to unsubscribe.

2. What should I do if I keep receiving emails from Pampered Chef after unsubscribing?

If you continue to receive emails from Pampered Chef after unsubscribing, please contact our customer service team so we can look into the issue and ensure you are removed from our email list.

3. Can I report a complaint about a Pampered Chef email?

Yes, if you have a complaint about a Pampered Chef email, please forward the email to our customer service team at [email address]. We take all complaints seriously and will investigate the issue.

4. How can I add a contact to my Pampered Chef email list?

To add a contact to your Pampered Chef email list, log into your iContact account and click on the "Subscribers" tab. Then, click on the "Add Subscribers" button and follow the prompts to add a contact manually or import a list of contacts.

5. Is there a limit to the number of contacts I can have on my Pampered Chef email list?

No, there is no limit to the number of contacts you can have on your Pampered Chef email list. However, our pricing plans are based on the number of subscribers you have, so you may need to upgrade your plan if your list grows significantly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elijahstrust
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
PCMomto4
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • cookingwithlove