1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: IContact question...

1. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

Hi, all,

Since I signed up with iContact I've had anywhere between 25 and 88 bounces... The highest amount was 88 (about 25% of my list!!!).

the last two times I sent out iContact emails I only had one email bounce! I haven't removed anyone... What do you think about that? It puzzles me!

May 8, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Wow, very interesting. Could have been issues with their email server on their end. I usually keep a list and if it bounces back twice I delete them.

May 8, 2009
  3. caraighan

I was really surprised (bummed, whatever you call it) when 88 bounced! They were most hotmail or msn addresses. Now, I'm surprised again to see only one bounce! I don't know what's going on?!?!! :confused:

May 8, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I had that happen to me- not as high of numbers because my list is smaller, but about 10-15% the first time. I didn't change anything, and the next time, they went through. Not sure why. Just glad it works now. :D

May 8, 2009
  5. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

iContact will automatically keep track of the number of bounces, and will unsubscribe after a certain amount (though I can't remember what that is).

May 8, 2009
  6. caraighan

I still have the same number of recipients, though. That can't be it this time at least.

May 8, 2009
  7. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I think the number is 5.

8. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Very interesting, I didn't know that!

May 8, 2009
  9. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have hotmail and they red flag iContact emails. It will come through but its tagged as a possible threat so its Red and won't open til you say its ok. Both my director and sister consultant send me theirs each month and both are red flagged and won't open til I say its ok. Its one reason I am not using iContact right now.

May 9, 2009
Have something to add?