• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting High Bounce Rates with iContact: Tips and Insights

In summary, it appears that the number of bounces could be due to Issues on the email server side for iContact, and the number of recipients is still the same.
caraighan
Gold Member
Hi, all,

Since I signed up with iContact I've had anywhere between 25 and 88 bounces... The highest amount was 88 (about 25% of my list!!!).

the last two times I sent out iContact emails I only had one email bounce! I haven't removed anyone... What do you think about that? It puzzles me!

Wow, very interesting. Could have been issues with their email server on their end. I usually keep a list and if it bounces back twice I delete them.

I was really surprised (bummed, whatever you call it) when 88 bounced! They were most hotmail or msn addresses. Now, I'm surprised again to see only one bounce! I don't know what's going on?!?!! :confused:

I had that happen to me- not as high of numbers because my list is smaller, but about 10-15% the first time. I didn't change anything, and the next time, they went through. Not sure why. Just glad it works now. :D

iContact will automatically keep track of the number of bounces, and will unsubscribe after a certain amount (though I can't remember what that is).

NooraK said:
iContact will automatically keep track of the number of bounces, and will unsubscribe after a certain amount (though I can't remember what that is).

I still have the same number of recipients, though. That can't be it this time at least.

NooraK said:

I think the number is 5.

Very interesting, I didn't know that!

I have hotmail and they red flag iContact emails. It will come through but its tagged as a possible threat so its Red and won't open til you say its ok. Both my director and sister consultant send me theirs each month and both are red flagged and won't open til I say its ok. Its one reason I am not using iContact right now.

1. What is considered a high bounce rate?

A high bounce rate is typically anything above 60%. This means that a large percentage of the emails you are sending out are not reaching their intended recipients.

2. What are some common reasons for high bounce rates?

There are a few common reasons for high bounce rates, including invalid or outdated email addresses, technical issues with your email server, and spam filters blocking your emails.

3. How can I reduce my bounce rate with iContact?

There are a few steps you can take to reduce your bounce rate with iContact. First, make sure your email list is up-to-date and regularly cleaned. Second, use iContact's personalization tools to ensure that emails are being sent to the correct addresses. Finally, regularly monitor your bounce reports and remove any addresses that consistently bounce.

4. Can iContact help me identify the cause of high bounce rates?

Yes, iContact offers detailed bounce reports that can help you identify the specific addresses that are bouncing and the reasons for the bounces. This can help you troubleshoot and make necessary changes to reduce your bounce rate.

5. Are there any additional resources available for troubleshooting high bounce rates with iContact?

Yes, iContact offers a variety of resources and support options to help you troubleshoot and reduce high bounce rates. This includes a dedicated support team, online tutorials and guides, and webinars on email deliverability best practices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • NooraK
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • cookingwithlove