• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

IContact...my new addiction.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I'm hooked!

I sent out my email at 11:30 today, and I've had a 20% open rate on it all ready. That makes me feel good, because I figure many of them won't actually be reading their email until later this evening. I love seeing the # of people who've already opened it up to 6 times! It's also been fun to see that people who I haven't heard from in YEARS are still interested enough to open the newsletter...I should call them....

I signed up for the 15 day free trial. I had considered mailchimp, and some other ones, but this one seemed the easiest to use. I love the "one click" option - it was so easy.

I know it's a bit pricier, but the less-stress factor is important for me too. I think I'm going to upgrade before my trial period is done.

Careyann

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2010
Do you know how much it costs? I see they have the free trial but they only let you sign up for that without telling you the fees.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Do you know how much it costs? I see they have the free trial but they only let you sign up for that without telling you the fees.

$19 a month for 1000 email addresses - starts at $9.95 for 250. You get a 10% discount if you sign up for a year.

Careyann

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2010
Well that's not too bad, I thought it was more for some reason. It sounds like it works pretty well, I get the tasty tidbits newletter but it is such a pain to go through and send the email's with my hotmail account, you can only do 100 people at a time so then I'm sending 4 email's out. Plus I keep getting more email addresses and those I haven't even added to hotmail yet. Maybe I should try icontact, it has to be easier than what I'm trying to do now! Is there a way to download all your email addresses from PP3?

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
If you sign up through Tasty Tidbits you get her newsletter for free. I did it that way, and I figure the extra bit of savings I got helps with the expense of iContact.

I LOVE using iContact too. I try to call the "clickers" on my email blasts too, but don't always get around to it.

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
Oh, and I just got an $89 order from the email I sent Monday night. That helps pay for the subscription!

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
You can export your contacts from P3 and then import them into iContact.

If you already have TT, make sure you use the affiliate link through Joy's website when you sign up for iContact, even for your free trial. That way, if you choose to keep it, you'll get your TT for free.

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
I use Mike's newsletter and they suggested that I not sign up for iContact for a year ... they said that iContact runs occasional sales on the annual subscription and that Mike's is notified in advance. They send out an email to all of their subscribers letting them know when iContact has a sale going on.

Last edited:

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I uses Mike's newsletter and they suggested that I not sign up for iContact for a year ... they said that iContact runs occasional sales on the annual subscription and that Mike's is notified in advance. They send out an email to all of their subscribers letting them know when iContact has a sale going on.

Thanks Dave! That's good to know. You mean, it would be more of a sale than the 10% discount for a years subscription, right?

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
I uses Mike's newsletter and they suggested that I not sign up for iContact for a year ... they said that iContact runs occasional sales on the annual subscription and that Mike's is notified in advance. They send out an email to all of their subscribers letting them know when iContact has a sale going on.

That's what I did. There was and additional 20% discount in March - I got a full year for $170ish - I love it! I love seeing that they are actually opening the newsletter and how many times! And who! :love: love it :love: love it :love:

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Thanks Dave! That's good to know. You mean, it would be more of a sale than the 10% discount for a years subscription, right?

Yes. Mike's said that iContact does it something like four times a year.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Yes. Mike's said that iContact does it something like four times a year.

Okay! So since Linda got a discount in March...maybe June will be the next one. (going on a 4 times a year, every 3rd month basis)

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Okay! So since Linda got a discount in March...maybe June will be the next one. (going on a 4 times a year, every 3rd month basis)

Hope so ... Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

BlueMoon

Advanced Member
Apr 30, 2010
I use Mike's newsletter and they suggested that I not sign up for iContact for a year ... they said that iContact runs occasional sales on the annual subscription and that Mike's is notified in advance. They send out an email to all of their subscribers letting them know when iContact has a sale going on.

Dave, I've seen TT and another one, how can I check out Mike's? Do you have a link?

TIA
Marghi

Nfldfran

Jan 23, 2008
Re: iContact...reinstating deleted contacts

I use I Contact Does anyone know how to re-enter the email address of someone who was deleted in the past?
Thanks
Diane

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005

I use I Contact Does anyone know how to re-enter the email address of someone who was deleted in the past?
Thanks
Diane

I don't think you can. I think if they are unsubscribed, the only way they can be re-added is with a new email address.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008

Thanks
Diane

If the customer has just been deleted, you can go to the section where you manage your contact list and add a new contact. If the customer has been unsubscribed, you personally cannot change that. The customer can access his profile from the link on a previous email you've sent him, and update his profile.

Nfldfran

Jan 23, 2008
Thank you I was just hoping there was a way I could do it.
D.

quiverfull7

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2006
Becky... I LOVE LOVE LOVE iContact! and myemaildesigns too!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views