1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Icontact log-in problem?

1. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Is anyone else not able to access Icontact today? Since last night, I have not been able to pull up the website. I just get an "error" type page. :cry:

Jul 14, 2009
  2. betsyb

betsyb Gold Member

I have been having the same problem. I was just going to ask the same thing.

Jul 14, 2009
  3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I have been trying all day, It says site not found!! :eek:

Jul 14, 2009
  4. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

I KNOW! I am getting the shakes not being able to track my newsletter I just sent out! :eek:

Jul 14, 2009
  5. Ginger428

I already emailed Joy, but she might be at Conference, also she is on the West Coast....

Jul 14, 2009
  6. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

If it's an iContact issue, Joy probably won't be able to do anything...

Jul 14, 2009
  7. Ginger428

But I figured she would know who to contact....:cool: hahaha get it.....contact...:rolleyes:

Jul 14, 2009
  8. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I can't get into it either. If it's still acting up tomorrow, I'm going to call the support # (it's listed in those e-mails they send out every now and then.) I hopefully have one to refer back to.

Jul 14, 2009
  9. Ginger428

I don't get emails from them, but thanks!

Jul 14, 2009
  10. Ginger428

Its up & running, But REAL SLOW!!

Jul 14, 2009
  11. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

From IContact Support

12. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Hey guys - I'm on vacation at Disneyland this week so I haven't been following these issues... I got this email from iContact earlier today. Ginger - I didn't get an email from you :( sorry - hope you don't think I was ignoring you. I'll go check the spam folder...

Dear iContact Customer,

Thank you for your patience and helping us get through the day. Earlier this morning, on Tuesday, July 14, our web site Email Marketing & Surveying Software - iContact was affected by a Distributed-Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attack, similar to the recent "Korean DDoS Attacks." This attack brought our web site down. The site is up as we write and the application is working, however uptime has been intermittent today.

How We Are Addressing the Remaining Issues

We are putting in place additional measures this evening and early tomorrow morning that we believe will fully fix the issue and bring the site back up completely by Wednesday morning.

We are still experiencing intermittent downtime as a result of this DDoS event, and our Engineers are in the process of implementing a solution to fully resolve the issue. We are working through the night and employing all possible resources to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

What Happened

We want to be fully open and transparent with you. Here's what has happened. At approximately 5:15AM EST (GMT -5), a DDoS event occurred which targeted our Web Servers and network, and caused access to our application to be sporadic throughout the day. Our automated systems immediately alerted our Engineers, and they worked to address the issue. The attack morphed in form throughout the day making it challenging to address. A similar DDoS situation occurred with Yahoo, Amazon, and the U.S. Government last week. You can learn more via this Wikipedia Entry and this blog post.

Updates & How You Can Reach Us

We will continue to update our blog at iContact - Email Marketing Simplified - The iContact Blog and our Twitter account at iContact.com (iContactCorp) on Twitter.

Thank you for your continued patience and loyalty to us. If you have any questions you can contact us via support@icontact.com or 1-866-803-9462.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Allis
    Chief Executive Officer
    iContact Corp.
    2635 Meridian Parkway
    Durham, NC 27713
    Email Marketing & Surveying Software - iContact

Jul 15, 2009
Have something to add?