• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are My Contacts Bouncing? Troubleshooting Tips for Email Delivery

In summary, it seems that if your newsletter fails to be delivered to a subscriber, their name might no longer be listed on your list. You can try sending the newsletter again, and if it bounces again, it might be because their inbox was full or because the email server was down.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a couple people whose newsletters bounced. It seems that since they bounced, their name isn't listed on my subscribers list anymore. Is that right? Is there a way to put them back on the list and see if it will bounce again with the next newsletter I send out?

My mom's bounced and I don't know why. She gets tons of junk e-mails all the time from other places, why would mine not get through? I don't think her inbox was too full either. In either case, I'd like to see if it will go through.

I also have a good friend whose bounced. She got other ones I sent, but in June it failed. It doesn't show in the history as having attempted to send subsequent ones.

Viewing bounce reasons
When an email send bounces to an address, that bounce is shown in the track tab statistics. The reason for each bounce is shown in the full report for that email.

To view the full report for an email:

1.Click the Track tab.
2.Click View Sent Emails.
3.Click on the name of the email.
4.Click View Details.
5.Choose Bounces from the drop-down menu.
6.Check the Expanded checkbox.
7.Click Refresh.
Click Download to save a file containing the report.

Why a valid email can still bounce
Emails sent to valid addresses can still bounce if the contact's inbox is full, or the email server happens to be down when we try to send.

When an email bounces, the receiving server sends a response to iContact saying that the email was undeliverable. iContact will continue the delivery attempt for 3 business days. Our system automatically flags the contact as Bounced after five bounces. Bounced email addresses do not count against your subscriber count.

Unbouncing a bounced contact
A contact's status changes to bounced when 5 emails are returned as undeliverable.

Bounces can be either temporary or permanent. If you believe that a bounce is temporary, you can unbounce the contact.

To unbounce a contact:

1.Click the My Contacts tab.
2.Click Browse My Contacts.
3.Click the Bounced link. Note: The page automatically shows subscribed contacts. You must click Bounced to view all bounced contacts.
4.Click on the name of the contact.
5.Click Unbounce Contact in the right column of the page.
Once the contact has been unbounced, you will be able to send email to that address again.

Thanks Joy!!!! I should've looked around more carefully. I got to the page it was saying, but for some reason didn't see the big yellow "unbounce" button! :rolleyes: :blushing: :DAll set now! Thanks again! :)

What is Icontact and how does it work?

Icontact is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to easily manage your contact list and send personalized emails to your customers. It works by syncing with your contact list and allowing you to create and send emails through the platform.

Can I import my existing contact list into Icontact?

Yes, you can import your existing contact list into Icontact. This can be done by uploading a CSV file or syncing with your existing email provider, such as Gmail or Outlook.

What is a "bouncing contact"?

A bouncing contact is an email address that was unable to receive your email due to various reasons, such as a full inbox, incorrect email address, or the recipient's email server rejecting the email. This is indicated by a bounce notification in Icontact.

How do I handle bouncing contacts in Icontact?

Icontact offers a "Bounce Management" feature that allows you to view and manage your bouncing contacts. You can choose to remove them from your contact list, update their email address, or reach out to them through a different communication method.

Can I prevent my emails from bouncing in Icontact?

While you cannot guarantee that all of your emails will reach their intended recipients, there are steps you can take to reduce the chances of bouncing contacts. This includes regularly cleaning and updating your contact list, ensuring your emails follow best practices, and monitoring your bounce rates in Icontact.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • babywings76
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
raebates
  • NooraK