• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Social Tips: How to Host a Successful and Interactive Event

In summary, this demo is for people who want to make their own Cold Stone mix. They bring toppings, chop, slice, and dice them, and put it on the Cold Stone.
twinkie10
Gold Member
I've done these types of shows in previous summers. I've looked in the files and picked up some ideas, but I'm looking for some new ideas and a quick run down of how you do yours (interactive).

bumping... have a show tonight and need some ideas. Thanks.

This is one of those shows that is interactive by nature.

I did them after my son was born - because they were simple!

I baked a brownie ahead, and had the host buy either an angel food or pound cake....sometimes I made chocolate chip cookies instead using boughten dough! (Hey - new mom, no sleep...it worked!)

I would start by talking about our stoneware and showing the brownie. I toasted nuts in the 8 inch skillet (have someone else do this - and the caramel cashew recipe in the new SB would be really yummy for this!)

Make hot fudge in the 1qt saucepan - 1/2 pint heavy cream, 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, splash of vanilla.

Have someone slice the Angel or Pound Cake, and then have people either work on the different things separately or have them do their own using the following ingredients:

Oreos
Bananas
Strawberries
Pineapple
Butterfingers bars
Skor Bars
hard peppermint candies
sour balls (I would use the meat tenderizer for the hard candies!)

I think it would be easier, and quicker - if you have people each work on one part, and then, once all of the ingredients were sliced, chopped, etc.....let everyone assemble their own creations, and while they are eating, you could talk about bookings, recruiting, etc......and then finish the show!

Here is some information I have collected from this site on Cold Stone shows:

I've been offering "Cold Stones at Home" shows. ColdStones Creamery is an ice cream chain out here in WA state (among other places), similar to a Marble Slab ice cream place. I put the rectangle stone into the freezer at home, then transport it to the host's house and put it right into her freezer. During the show, I use the FC to chop up Oreos and candy bars, the Deluxe Cheese Grater (coarse barrel) for nuts, Egg Slicer Plus for strawberries and bananas, the small Micro-Cooker for heating fudge sauce and/or caramel sauce, and the Easy Accent Decorator for whipped cream. I put all the various toppings into SA small bowls. Then, at the last minute, I'll take the rectangle stone out of the freezer and use the Ice Cream Dipper to scoop ice cream onto the stone. Then I use two of the Handy Scrapers as the paddles and mix in the toppings, then transfer it into a bowl. They can add their own caramel or fudge and whipped cream. I also usually offer a drink, like the Strawberry Lemonade Quencher, in the Family QSP.

This demo doesn't show the cookware or the USG, but it hits a lot of other tools. I just make sure I talk about the cookware and the USG while I'm doing the ice cream part. This is also a good demo for a "Kids in the Kitchen" show, especially with older kids.

****************************************************************************************************************

On Monday at our Cluster Meeting we got to make our own Cold Stone mix! YUMMY!

We all brought different toppings...
Mini M&M's
Heath Chips
Butterfingers
Oreo's
Cashues
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Carmal Dip (Ready made in the jar)
Reeses crunchy choc dip that hardens after you poor.
Ande's Mints
Snickers
Peanuts

I know I'm forgetting some, but you get the idea.

My Director gave us a demo of what she says at a Cold Stone (Or Stone Cold Show... I think making a flyer that says NOPE not the wrestler but some yummy treats would be funny! We have to be careful when we talk about another business.....)

She talked about the Host/Guest Specials, Talked Cookware - Did the ice cube trick... (Put an ice cube in the pan, then one in a simple additions square. You'll see the cube in the pan melts and the other does not. Pass around the pan and they can see how well the pan would conduct heat that same as the cold...) Then she talked about stones, the two she would start out with it (Pizza Stone or a Bar Pan - for starters) Then she'd talk about how the stones are good for Oven, Microwave (Shows the DCB and talks about the 10 minute Pork tenderloin and all the variations..) and even the freezer. Then tell them that you put your stone in the freezer and brought it today. If you have a few people let them all come up at once to choose there toppings and chop, slice and dice what they'd want as the one hands part... They get to scoop a couple dips of vanilla frosting and then sprinkle in what they want on it, use the handy scrapers to mix and move. (I found that using the stiff side worked better when I was mixing up my carmel, mini m&m creation.....) Then they use the scraper to pick up the ice cream and put it in a bowl.

I assume that when they're done with making their mixture they would come back to the catalog and get ready to place their orders...

Okay so I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! With the kids in the kitchen idea, would you use one large bar pan and mix everyone's or would you buy say 10 small pans and put them all in the freezer (if you have the space) and then each kid uses their own (nut allergies is what I'm thinking about) and then puts it in the bowl. So maybe the small bar board is what they take home or they each can try my handy scrapers (so the moms could buy them if they wanted). Kids won't eat that muc ice cream so they could just use two plastic spoons.

Ideas?

I'd say stick with one pan for your show (but what a great selling idea to suggest guests by a couple small pans for their family's use! ).

Bren706 said:
Here is some information I have collected from this site on Cold Stone shows:....

I've been offering "Cold Stones at Home" shows.
I assume that when they're done with making their mixture they would come back to the catalog and get ready to place their orders...

Thank you SOOOOOO... much for going into the details. This is what I was looking for.

My only concern and I know that you all can help me.... I'm worried about taking my stone from my freezer to my van (which could very well be hot in the humid heat we're having) and it cracking from thermal shock!

How you keeping this from happening?

Put it in a thermal case. Do you have the Stoneware Tote?

twinkie10 said:
Thank you SOOOOOO... much for going into the details. This is what I was looking for.

My only concern and I know that you all can help me.... I'm worried about taking my stone from my freezer to my van (which could very well be hot in the humid heat we're having) and it cracking from thermal shock!

How you keeping this from happening?

I stick the stone in the freezer at the hosts home as soon as I get there, and take it out just when I get ready to do the demo.....it doesn't take long for the stone to get stone-cold!:D

chefann said:
Put it in a thermal case. Do you have the Stoneware Tote?

I'll have to check on that one! I think I may have sold it! Thanks for the idea, though!

ChefBeckyD said:
I stick the stone in the freezer at the hosts home as soon as I get there, and take it out just when I get ready to do the demo.....it doesn't take long for the stone to get stone-cold!:D

This could possibly work, too! I'm thinking that by the time I take it out of my freezer and drive to her house that it's not going to be cold anymore! This would be less chance of breaking it!

Thanks, Becky!

I wrapped my stone in a large towel and transported it and put it in the freezer when I got there and my show was over 30 minutes away. It was still very cold when the show started.
Deb

1. How can I keep my ice cream from melting too quickly at an outdoor ice cream social?

One tip is to use a large, insulated bowl or cooler filled with ice to keep your ice cream containers in. This will help prevent them from melting too quickly. Another option is to serve individual portions of ice cream in small cups or cones instead of leaving a large container out in the sun.

2. What are some creative toppings I can offer at my ice cream social?

Some popular and unique toppings to offer at an ice cream social include chopped nuts, fresh fruit, crushed cookies, hot fudge or caramel sauce, sprinkles, and whipped cream. You can also get creative and offer unique toppings like gummy bears, cereal pieces, or even bacon bits.

3. How can I accommodate guests with dietary restrictions at my ice cream social?

One option is to offer a variety of ice cream flavors, including dairy-free and vegan options. You can also provide different types of toppings, such as fruit and nuts, that are suitable for different dietary needs. It's always a good idea to ask guests about their dietary restrictions beforehand so you can plan accordingly.

4. How can I make my ice cream social more interactive and fun?

One idea is to have a DIY ice cream sundae bar, where guests can choose their own toppings and create their own unique creations. You could also set up a blind taste test and have guests try to guess different ice cream flavors. Another fun activity is to have a "decorate your own cone" station with different colored sprinkles and toppings.

5. How can I keep my ice cream from getting too hard in the freezer?

A good tip is to let the ice cream sit out at room temperature for a few minutes before serving. This will help soften it slightly and make it easier to scoop. You can also store your ice cream in an airtight container to prevent it from getting too hard in the freezer. Another option is to add a small amount of alcohol, like vodka, to the ice cream mixture before freezing to help keep it soft.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Debbieskk
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gothim0802
Replies
Views
Brandi2007