• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Scoop Recall: Is There Something Going On?

In summary, the Pampered Chef scoop is being recalled due to a potential manufacturing defect that could cause it to break or crack during use. There have been no reported injuries related to this defect. To check if your scoop is affected, look for a date code between "29700" and "30652" on the bottom of the handle. If your scoop is affected, you should stop using it immediately and contact Pampered Chef for a free replacement.
straitfan
Gold Member
Is there something going on with the NEW scoop that I don't know about. Just had a customer send the following message about a scoop that she just ordered and received yesterday!

'I ordered the ice cream scoops and saw that Pampered Chef has recalled the scoops ordered through 9-30. Are the scoops I received today, part of that recall. Should I send them back, or are they okay?
If you could let me know if I should be concerned, and should return them, I would appreciate it.
THank you."

I of course responded in the following manner, but just want to make sure I didn't miss something......

"Your scoops are A-OK! Unless I'm mistaken, the recall you are referring to was back in Sept. of 2010. They have since discontinued that scoop and the one you have is redesigned and has only been available since March 1st. (If you have DIFFERENT information than that, please share, but the company hasn't mentioned this and they are VERY on top of these things!) Thanks again for your order"

Probably because on our web sites in the bottom right, it says recall for the ice cream scoop.... ;)

Christy, your response sounded perfect.

Whew.....I was worried that I was in the dark!

I looked and I can't see anything about the ice cream scoop.

What is the reason for the Pampered Chef scoop recall?

The reason for the Pampered Chef scoop recall is due to a potential manufacturing defect that could cause the scoop to break or crack during use.

Has anyone been injured due to the defect in the scoop?

There have been no reported injuries related to the potential defect in the Pampered Chef scoop.

How do I know if my scoop is affected by the recall?

If you own a Pampered Chef scoop, you can check the bottom of the handle for a date code. If the date code is between "29700" and "30652," your scoop is affected by the recall.

What should I do if I have a scoop that is affected by the recall?

If you have a scoop that is affected by the recall, you should stop using it immediately and contact Pampered Chef for a replacement.

Will I have to pay for a replacement scoop?

No, there will be no cost to you for a replacement scoop if yours is affected by the recall. Pampered Chef will provide a free replacement scoop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• darlinclem
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Jasmine