• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Tips for Cleaning Your Ice Cream Scoop

K
ksartain
I have had several people ask if there is anything they can do to "fix" their ice cream scoop after they put it in the dishwasher. No, they didn't read the instructions first. I told them I had no idea, but I would check with you guys. One lady said she was even getting black stuff on her ice cream. Duh, throw it away and buy a new one, but I didn't say that. :)
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Kristy

I don't know if there is a way to "fix" it. The black stuff does not come off once you put it in the dishwasher. I have a friend that says hers still works but like you said...sometimes black gook comes off in your ice cream. I would say...have a show and you can get a new one free!

Is it still under warrenty?

I think it might have voided the warranty when they "misused" it by not following directions...just a thought.

The black stuff is the metal oxidizing and coming off, or so I've been told. The dishwasher strips the clear, protective coating from the scoop. It isn't fixable. I've unwittingly left my scoop in water over night. It grew "barnacles" for lack of a better description. I'm extra careful now to wash and dry immediately after using.

I'm rather surprised that PC sells such a great product that turns out to be so pervious to water damage. I love its design and performance, but I do NOT like having to treat it so delicately. :(

Wal Mart has an ice cream scoop that looks very similar to ours, and has the same de-icing gel in it. It says on the package that it's dishwasher safe. I'm half-tempted to buy it for 4 bucks to see if it is as good as or better than ours.

On another note, on my customers' receipts, if they order the dipper, I write "HANDWASH ONLY" in red next to the item number.

Diane

dianevill said:
On another note, on my customers' receipts, if they order the dipper, I write "HANDWASH ONLY" in red next to the item number.

Diane

Good idea:) I may start doing that; also with the cookware!

Hum, I put my in the DWr all the time and do not have any problems with it. It works just a well as the day I bought it.

dianevill said:
Wal Mart has an ice cream scoop that looks very similar to ours, and has the same de-icing gel in it. It says on the package that it's dishwasher safe. I'm half-tempted to buy it for 4 bucks to see if it is as good as or better than ours.

Diane
Great idea!!
I'll try to remember to do that too!

I've had several people say theirs turned dark, etc too... Does it still work this way? I've heard both yes and no...

I would love for PC to improve it's quality... It is an AWESOME dipper... but something needs to change to make it so we are pampered and not the dipper!

1. How can I fix my ice cream scoop after putting it in the dishwasher?

Unfortunately, washing your ice cream scoop in the dishwasher can cause damage to the coating and affect its ability to scoop ice cream properly. It is best to hand wash your ice cream scoop with warm, soapy water and dry it immediately afterwards.

2. What should I do if I get black stuff on my ice cream after using the scoop?

This could be a sign of wear and tear on the coating of the scoop, or it could be residue from the dishwasher. In either case, it is best to replace the scoop to avoid any potential health risks.

3. Can I use any type of soap to clean my ice cream scoop?

It is recommended to use mild dish soap when cleaning your ice cream scoop. Stronger soaps or detergents can strip the coating and affect the taste of your ice cream.

4. How often should I clean my ice cream scoop?

You should clean your ice cream scoop after each use to prevent any buildup of residue or bacteria. This will also help maintain the quality and effectiveness of your scoop over time.

5. Is it safe to use a metal ice cream scoop in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your metal ice cream scoop in the dishwasher as it can cause damage to the coating. It is best to hand wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it immediately afterwards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • Becca_in_MD