• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Protect Your Health: Prevent Peeling on Your Ice Cream Scoop

In summary, the ice cream scoop has a sharp edge that prevents peeling by slicing through the ice cream rather than digging into it. It can also be used for other frozen desserts and is dishwasher safe, although hand washing is recommended. To clean it, simply rinse it under hot water or soak it in warm, soapy water for tougher build-up. The scoop also comes in various sizes, including a standard size of 2.5 inches in diameter.
keynibear
The paint or coating on my ice cream scoop is starting to peel off, on the handle where the contoured part meets the metal (for lack of a better description). This is not the older scoop that was recalled, but the newer one that came out a couple of years ago.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am going to call HO about it tomorrow. I have to admit I am concerned about lead paint, and these metallic pieces ending up in my ice cream.

Let us know if they've had others do this. My scoop looks like brand new but I don't use it often.

My garlic press has done that for a while. I had a guest the other night wanting to know what the coating is....so please share if you find out. I haven't seen that with my ice cream scoop, but I'll have to go check it out better.

I only carry the new ice cream scoop to shows. Used it once to try it. I still love the old one the best and everyone else I know that has the previous one likes it the most, too.

Hello there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take product safety very seriously and we apologize for any concern this may have caused you. We recommend contacting our customer service team at HO to address this issue and ensure that your ice cream scoop is safe to use. We appreciate your loyalty to our products and we will do our best to resolve this for you as quickly as possible. Thank you for being a valued customer.

1. How does the ice cream scoop prevent peeling?

The ice cream scoop has a sharp edge that slices through the ice cream, instead of digging into it like a traditional scoop. This prevents the ice cream from sticking to the scoop and causing peeling.

2. Can the ice cream scoop be used for other frozen desserts?

Yes, the ice cream scoop can also be used for scooping frozen yogurt, sorbet, and even cookie dough. It is designed to work with any frozen treat.

3. Is the ice cream scoop dishwasher safe?

Yes, our ice cream scoop is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for better care and longevity of the product.

4. How do I clean the ice cream scoop after use?

You can clean the ice cream scoop by running it under hot water and using a scrub brush or sponge to remove any remaining ice cream. For tougher build-up, you can soak the scoop in warm, soapy water before washing.

5. Does the ice cream scoop come in different sizes?

Yes, we offer ice cream scoops in various sizes to suit your needs. Our standard size is 2.5 inches in diameter, but we also have larger and smaller options available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • alidafrizzell
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • pletcherdee
  • Products and Tips
Replies