• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Scoop Peeling?

keynibear

Jul 22, 2013
The paint or coating on my ice cream scoop is starting to peel off, on the handle where the contoured part meets the metal (for lack of a better description). This is not the older scoop that was recalled, but the newer one that came out a couple of years ago.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am going to call HO about it tomorrow. I have to admit I am concerned about lead paint, and these metallic pieces ending up in my ice cream.

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
Let us know if they've had others do this. My scoop looks like brand new but I don't use it often.

monicag

Silver Member
Jan 21, 2012
My garlic press has done that for a while. I had a guest the other night wanting to know what the coating is....so please share if you find out. I haven't seen that with my ice cream scoop, but I'll have to go check it out better.

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
I only carry the new ice cream scoop to shows. Used it once to try it. I still love the old one the best and everyone else I know that has the previous one likes it the most, too.