• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Way to Fix a Discolored Ice Cream Scoop?

In summary, the ice cream scoop "looks yucky" because they didn't know that they shouldn't put it in the dishwasher. However, it is still okay to use if it is cleaned with a stainless steel cleaner.
esavvymom
Staff member
Just wondering if there is a way to make it look better. My SIL just told me her ice cream scoop "looks yucky" because they didn't know that they shouldn't put it in the dishwasher (I don't know why people don't READ the Use & care cards...)

She would have gotten it when she got married (part of her bridal registry/shower)- so about 1.5 yrs old.

Even though it looks yucky- I'm assuming it's still OK to use, yes?

I'm guilty of putting mine in the dishwasher...:blushing: (Yeah, don't you hate it when people don't READ U&C cards...hehe). I still use mine and when I take it to my shows, I tell people what it looks like when you don't follow the instructions. ;)

All that to tell you that I have no idea how you could make it look better, but I do believe it's still okay to use.

It's okay to use, but it won't work as well.

some old told me use the stainless steel cleaner that TPC sells...

Does it still have the liquid inside? I thought the main reason for it to not go in the dishwasher was because the high heat can break the seal and the liquid could leak out. If it has liquid still in it, shouldn't it still work okay?As far as the look of it, I tried using our Stainless Steel cleaner and it helped a little. (My kids left it sitting in the sink and it got all discolored.)

I was going to suggest our SS Cleaner. From what I can gather, it depends on your dishwasher, your dishwasher detergent, and how hot your water gets.

I take my old one that DH put into the dishwasher as well as new one with me to all shows and show both with warning of this is what happens. It does make the point!

bar keepers friend...it's in the isle where you find comet and other cleaners...about 99 cents a can...works wonders on the ice cream scoop!!!

What causes the discoloration on the ice cream scoop?

The discoloration on the ice cream scoop is caused by a natural reaction between the metal and the air. This is normal and does not affect the functionality of the scoop.

Can the discoloration be removed?

Yes, the discoloration can be removed by using a mixture of warm water and baking soda. Gently scrub the scoop with this mixture using a soft cloth, then rinse and dry thoroughly.

Does the discoloration affect the quality of the scoop?

No, the discoloration does not affect the quality of the scoop. It is purely cosmetic and does not affect the performance of the product.

Can the discoloration be prevented?

To prevent discoloration, we recommend hand washing the scoop after each use and drying it thoroughly. Avoid leaving the scoop in water or exposing it to harsh chemicals or extreme temperatures.

Is the discoloration covered under warranty?

No, discoloration is not covered under our warranty as it is a natural occurrence and does not affect the functionality of the product. However, if you experience any other issues with your ice cream scoop, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • darlinclem
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • thehaleykitchen