• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Using an Ice Cream Sandwich Maker - Monica's Recommendations

He said, "What? I like IC sandwiches." Well its funny because I never thought of it as something he would like and then after he said that I thought...yeah, I guess its a really cool thing for kids to make their own and they would get a kick out of it. I never think of stuff like that because I'm not around kids too much which is why I never would have thought of it as a cool thing to have. It was just one of those moments where I realized I had a lot to learn about who would buy our products!In summary, the conversation revolves around tips and tricks for using the ice cream sandwich maker and making different shaped sandwiches. Some tips include using Saran
jenniferlynne
Monica and I were wondering if anyone has some tips about this product, or even if anyone knows how to use it. We asked about it under another thread, but it was kind of "hidden" so I decided to re-post. Thanks!

I think it is pretty easy to use I did have to play with it for awhile but one hint is the Med scoop makes the PERFECT size cookies no cutting down or any thing. You put one cookie one the bottom piece stick the ice cream on top of the cookie and then stick the second cookie on the ice cream then push the little pedistle SP? out and you have a perfect ice cream cookie I hope that helps answer your question

In addition...In addition to Jennie's response, before I even put the cookies in, I take a large piece of Saran Wrap, lay it over the opening, put the cookie/ice cream/cookie in, and then wrap the Saran Wrap around the top cookie and then pop it out and into the freezer. That way the ice cream sandwich maker stays clean and I can make a bunch and freeze them right away.

I hope that makes sense!

Diane

Hey diane thanks for that tip I will have to do that in the future.

Cool!!I like those tips!!

Did you all see the sandwiches on the Guest Special flyer for June? Anyone know how they made the flower shaped one?

dianevill said:
In addition to Jennie's response, before I even put the cookies in, I take a large piece of Saran Wrap, lay it over the opening, put the cookie/ice cream/cookie in, and then wrap the Saran Wrap around the top cookie and then pop it out and into the freezer. That way the ice cream sandwich maker stays clean and I can make a bunch and freeze them right away.

OOooh! I LIKE that idea! Thanks! :)

dianevill said:
In addition to Jennie's response, before I even put the cookies in, I take a large piece of Saran Wrap, lay it over the opening, put the cookie/ice cream/cookie in, and then wrap the Saran Wrap around the top cookie and then pop it out and into the freezer. That way the ice cream sandwich maker stays clean and I can make a bunch and freeze them right away.

I hope that makes sense!

Diane
That's a great idea! And it would be pretty easy to pull the saran wrap back if you wanted to roll the ice cream edges in sprinkles or nuts too!

Also the chewier the cookie is the easier it is to eat them. Otherwise the ice cream just squirts out when you take a bite.

Thank you!I had to make 35 of these for a party last summer so I learned quickly :D

Diane

I found the demo on CC very helpful!! I have attached it in case you haven't seen it!

But the Saran Wrap sounds like a great tip too!! :D

Attachments

• demo_icecreamsandwichmaker.pdf
    176.5 KB · Views: 434
We found the cookies from the Wal-Mart bakery or from Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy (local ice cream store in OK) are the perfect size for using with the sandwich maker. If you cut the top cookie in half before putting it on it makes it easier to slice when frozen. My daughter loves to make them!!

Susan A.
Moore, OK :)

jenniferlynne said:
I like those tips!!

Did you all see the sandwiches on the Guest Special flyer for June? Anyone know how they made the flower shaped one?

Looks like maybe they used the "flower" bread tube.....

kitchencop said:
Looks like maybe they used the "flower" bread tube.....
That's possible... but I think I've seen that cookie at the store?!

thanks for re starting this thread...been a couple days since i could come on here and had forgotton about it. i am anxiouls to make some with my friend. i like the saran wrap idea. oh and thanks for the link....i couldnt find it when i looked before... :rolleyes:

Learn something new everyday!Its so funny you all are talking about the ice cream sandwich maker. I have a funny story so I had to post. At my very first ever PC party (first time as a guest) I looked through the catalog while I was chatting with my friends and thought everything seemed really practical and nice until I got to the IC sandwich maker. I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever seen. How hard it is to take two cookies and some IC and make an IC sandwich!? So...more than a year later as a consultant, its something I thought about a lot and wondered how in the world I would ever sell it. Well anyway, my husband was browsing through the catalog one day after I got my SS kit and what do you know...he wants the IC sandwich maker. I just sort of looked at him with this puzzled, opened mouth stare and asked him why that? He said, think of the money we'd save making our own versus buying them and I bet Dakota (our son) would have fun with it too. Wow. :eek: I guess we'll be ordering an IC sandwich maker on my next order.

Oh and BTW, it IS hard to make IC sandwiches without it unless you have really soft IC and then it drips...not fun. Thank goodness for my nutty husband!

~Kristen :D

Here's a cookie tip...Pepperidge Farms Soft Bake cookies are the perfect size, they are soft and freeze nicely.

1. How does the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker work?

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is a simple and easy-to-use tool that allows you to create delicious homemade ice cream sandwiches in minutes. Simply place a cookie or cake layer in the bottom, add your desired ice cream flavor on top, and then add another cookie or cake layer on top. Press down on the handle to seal the sandwich and remove it from the mold. Voila, a perfect ice cream sandwich every time!

2. Is the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is dishwasher safe. It is made of durable plastic and can be placed on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

3. Can I use any type of cookie or cake with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie or cake with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. The possibilities are endless - try using chocolate chip cookies, brownies, or even waffles for a unique twist on the classic ice cream sandwich.

4. How many ice cream sandwiches can I make at once with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker can make one large ice cream sandwich at a time. However, the mold is reusable, so you can make as many sandwiches as you want in one sitting.

5. Can I use frozen ice cream with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

It is recommended to use slightly softened ice cream for best results with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. However, you can use frozen ice cream as well - just let it sit out for a few minutes to soften before assembling your sandwich.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • stefani2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef-B