• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Sandwich Maker???

In summary, the ice cream sandwich maker is worthless and easier and faster to make ice cream sandwiches by hand.
Joelen
I hosted an ice cream party over the weekend and used the ice cream sandwich maker. I felt so silly looking at the picture in the catalog and reading through the instructions, but I don't think we really were using it properly. Can someone please "dumb down" the use of this product?!?

Ummm, yeah.......the ice cream sandwich maker. IMHO - it's worthless! It's easier and faster to make ice cream sandwiches by hand. Use the large SS scoop to bake your cookies - making sure that the scoop is filled and leveled off to the top for each cookie. Bake the cookies, and once cooled, put a scoop of ice cream on one, press the other cookie on top of it, and roll in assorted toppings.:D

I have a pdf of the instructions. Email me.

Or, it might even still be behind CC. You could search and find out.

edited to add---ooh, look! I can actually attach it here!

Attachments

• Ice cream sandwich maker demo.pdf
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,859
Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, yeah.......the ice cream sandwich maker. IMHO - it's worthless! It's easier and faster to make ice cream sandwiches by hand. Use the large SS scoop to bake your cookies - making sure that the scoop is filled and leveled off to the top for each cookie. Bake the cookies, and once cooled, put a scoop of ice cream on one, press the other cookie on top of it, and roll in assorted toppings.:D

This is so true! I hate this product! I think it is easier to use if you think of it more as a "guide" to keep things stacked neatly than a "tool" which would be doing something.

Also, soft Pepperidge Farm cookies (the big ones) fit in just right and will keep you from having to make your own homemade cookies.

Archway cookies are just the right size, too. As are the Meijer-brand version. I love the Meijer molasses cookies with coffee ice cream. mmm.....

chefann said:
I love the Meijer molasses cookies with coffee ice cream. mmm.....

Ooh...that sounds good!

I actually sell a lot of the ice cream sandwich makers and I find it makes them perfectly...but the catalog picture doesn't show to use it well (AT ALL).

You basically do reverse of the picture; put cookie in, then 2 scoops of ice cream (that is a bit softened) and then another cookie on top. Then to actually MAKE the sandwich....you turn it over so last cookie is now on a cutting board/surface. Press the gray plunger like thing down, firm but not to firm, until you see the ice cream squeeze between the two cookies. This spreads the ice cream out well, makes an even ice cream sandwich, and allows for easy rolling in other things like crushed nuts, sprinkles, etc.

In my area, store bought Franz brand cookies work best.

I sell these by suggesting that a) you can control what goes in your ice cream sandwich (so can use frozen yogurt, low fat cookies, etc); and b) you can make a lot ahead of time and freeze individualy, and c) great activity to do with kids.

Pics of the event I hosted are on my blog. We used Sams Club cookies which were perfectly soft to work with and used both the ice cream sandwich maker and dipper. Everyone loved the dipper but 2 gals got the sandwich maker and left puzzled. I also told those 2 that they could use it for forming hamburger patties and individual meatloaf rounds. {sigh... hope they enjoy it!}

Overall it was a great event - lots of cookies and ice creams/frozen yogurts!

Sounds like you had a good time.

I gave mine away because I had know idea how to use it! The instructions don't help at all!

We only use ours because our 4 yr. old thinks it's the best thing ever! Once the kids are grown - it's out...

Am I the only one that thinks April looks like LeAnn Rimes? Beautiful!

KellyTheChef said:

THAT'S who it is! I kept thinking she looked like someone!

She does look like LeAnn Rimes!!

KellyTheChef said:

THAT'S who she reminds me of!! Thanks, Kelly!! LOL! You're right! ;)

Oh, and back on topic - the ice cream sandwich maker - I've sold a bunch of them when I demo them at summer shows. I use the cookies from the grocery store bakery (they're always a bit bigger than the pre-packaged) and bring them myself, then tell the host to supply her favorite ice cream and sprinkles/nuts. I do it how it was described (1 cookie, 2 scoops of soft ice cream, 1 more cookie, MUSH), then roll it in the sprinkles or nuts. I then cut them in half and let everyone take a piece (displayed beautifully on my Simple Additions, of course!). I've sold a ton of them this way, but they even sell without me even bringing them to shows, so I guess people like them around here. Hey, it's Philly, the fattest city in the country - of course we like our ice cream cookie sandwiches!! LOL! ;)

My DH wants the ice cream sandwich maker... I think my DH is worse then me when it comes to spending money on PC!!

You can also bake 2 boxes of brownie mix in the Lg Stoneware bar pan, then cut your brownines into circles (using the ic sand. maker) while they are warm from the oven. Remove frome the pan, cool then use those perfect little circles of chocolate to make brownie ice cream sandwiches.
Deb

1. How does the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker work?

The Ice Cream Sandwich Maker has two silicone molds that you fill with your favorite ice cream, sorbet, or gelato. Then, you insert the cookies of your choice into the molds and press them together. The molds are designed to create perfectly shaped and sized ice cream sandwiches.

2. Can I use any type of cookie with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie you like with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker. Whether you prefer chocolate chip, oatmeal, or even macarons, the molds will create a perfect sandwich every time.

3. Is the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker easy to clean?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is very easy to clean. The silicone molds can be easily washed with warm, soapy water and the base can be wiped down with a damp cloth. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

4. Can I make multiple ice cream sandwiches at once with the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker comes with two molds, so you can make two ice cream sandwiches at once. You can also purchase additional molds to make even more sandwiches at once.

5. Is the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker safe to use?

Yes, the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is completely safe to use. The silicone molds are BPA-free and the base is made of durable plastic. Just make sure to follow the instructions and use oven mitts when removing the molds from the freezer or oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefRiGuy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • otisbg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mspibb