• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Sandwich Ideas for Your Cooking Show with 15+ Guests

In summary, the host is planning to have at least 15 people at their Cooking Show June 2, and they would like to showcase the guest special by making ice cream sandwiches. However, the recipe for the ice cream sandwiches is not currently available. There are many possibilities for creative ice cream sandwiches, with any combination of cookies, sprinkles, nuts, and candies. It is easy to use the sandwich maker, and guests can practice making them before the show.
AlowayFamily
Gold Member
I have a Cooking Show June 2 and my host is planning to have at least 15 people at the show (hopefully they will all show up). I would like to showcase the guest special and make some ice cream sandwiches to go along with the antipasto veggie pizza.

I know I read threads where people were talking about the ice cream sandwiches, but I could not find the recipe in my recipe search. Can anyone help me out and send some ideas on what I can do with the ice cream sandwich maker? I appreciate the help!

The ones I've made the most are chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream. But you can be creative; any combinations taste good! Peanut butter cookies with chocolate ice cream, or sugar cookie with a chunky ice cream of some kind. You can't go wrong with an ice cream sandwich:) Also, they look pretty if you roll them in colored sprinkles, nuts, or candies. HTH...

Thanks! I'll experiment with them this weekend.

I'd appreciate knowing if you make your own cookies, and which size scoop makes the right size cookie. Last year it was a disaster. I did use Archway cookies at the recommendation of my Recruiter, but I had little success in figuring out how to work the sandwich maker, with any consistency. Be sure to practice until you have confidence in doing it. I practiced on my Grandkids. However, at the time I was not able to consume them myself. I was on a restricted eating program. I should get back on it now, cause the weight has began to creep back on.
I definitely want to make them for small parties but 15 would be overwhelming unless you had several of the Sandwich makers to be using at once. Is it possible you could make them with your hostess, before the party, and just demonstrate one or two in front of your audience? If you make the cookies on our Stoneware bar pan, with our scoop, be sure to show them and have the recipes ready to share. That's what I have been thinking of doing.

The cookies I use are the Peperidge Farms Soft Bake Cookies. They are the perfect size and are soft, which makes the sandwich easier to eat. I also like the wide variety of the Soft Bake cookies, then you just pick an ice cream flavor you like, grab some different kinds of sprinkles and off you go to make ice cream sandwiches.

I am doing Ice Cream Sundae Bars for all of my June shows. I am going to demo the various tools to make the toppings and I'll have some brownies already made in the stoneware baker. As guests come in, I am going to have each one make their own ice cream sandwich. We'll make them before the demo and put them in the host's freezer. That way, everyone will get to play with the sandwich maker and have something to take home to their kid's if they want.

icsmhow easy / difficult is the sandwiich maker to use? any helpful tips on how to use it?
thanks!!

When I first got my cookie maker I bought the pillsbury cookie dough -the big cookies that just come a dozen in one package. They were nice and chewy. If you make your own cookies I would use the medium or large scoops. If your cookies end up a little big just take the plastic part of the cookie maker and press it down over the already baked cookie and it will cut off any excess. Then you'll have the perfect size cookies.

On the tips for the sandwich maker it said to use the small end of the sandwich maker to cut out the cookies and they will be the right size. Hope this helps.

the medium scoop is the perfect size to make the cookies with

I agree with Sooner that the Soft Bake cookies are perfect for this! They are what I used last year. I believe in simplicity and if we dont have to bake the cookies, why do it! We can show off our stones in other ways! You can bring some of the SA squares to the shows and have different toppings in them to roll the sandwiches in. Chop some nuts with the chopper. Grate some chocolate with the micro-plane (and since that is the Aug host special...you can promote that!). Have some sprinkles and mini-M&M's in the prep bowls ready to pour in the squares.
I like the idea of making these first. I have a show the end of June which will be a grilling show (Im just grilling chicken breasts with the rubs...and letting them make their own salad), but I was wondering how to do the sandwiches because they do need to freeze awhile first. Thanks for the idea!

I like the ice cream sandwich maker, but it makes HUGE ice cream sandwiches.

Especially when kids are involved, I make some using the measure-all cup- you cut it with the clear part the same way, fill it, add the other cookie, then use the inside cup as the plunger (does that make sense)-

I still sell some ice cream sandw. makers, but people seem more likely to buy the multi purpose measure all. (And they often buy it in multiples for friends).

WOW Koren - that is a great idea! There will be kids at this show and I was just gonna cut the big ones in half or even quarter them. They will love getting to make their own little sandwich and they will freeze quicker too.

Koren, that is a fantastic idea. I sell a lot of the Measure-All Cups. It was
my best seller the first few months. It sure makes a more certain sandwich,
than my experience with the actual ice cream sandwich maker. Less messy
too.

Well, I did experiment with the sandwich maker today. I tried it with the pre-made Nestle cookies, but not the large ones. The cookies didn't bake up large enough, so the large size package is a good recomendation. I was thinking about baking the cookies at the hosts home before the quests arrive, to get the great smell of baking cookies in the house. I think that is not important at this pooint, and I will look for those Pepperidge Farms cookies.

I agree that the ICSM makes large cookies, and I will follow the recomendation of making them in advance and freezing them. This might make it easier to cut the cookies.

Thanks for all the tips, this will really help my show move more smoothly. I love this website!! It has taught me soooo much.

What are some creative ideas for making ice cream sandwiches?

There are countless ways to create delicious and unique ice cream sandwiches using Pampered Chef products. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

• Use our Ice Cream Sandwich Maker to easily create perfectly shaped sandwiches with your favorite ice cream and cookies.
  • Create a fun twist on a classic by using waffles or brownies as the "bread" for your ice cream sandwich.
  • Get creative with your fillings by adding sprinkles, crushed candy bars, or fruit to your ice cream before sandwiching it between cookies.
  • Try using different types of cookies, such as chocolate chip, sugar, or oatmeal, to add even more flavor to your ice cream sandwich.
  • Make mini ice cream sandwiches using our Mini Muffin Pan and small cookies for a bite-sized treat.

What is the best way to store ice cream sandwiches?

To keep your ice cream sandwiches fresh and prevent them from melting, it's best to store them in an airtight container in the freezer. You can also individually wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap before placing them in the container. This will make it easy to grab one whenever you're in the mood for a sweet treat!

Can I make ice cream sandwiches ahead of time?

Absolutely! In fact, making ice cream sandwiches ahead of time can be a great time-saving hack for parties or events. Simply assemble the sandwiches, wrap them in plastic wrap, and place them in the freezer until you're ready to serve. They will stay fresh for up to two weeks.

What are some alternative options for those with dietary restrictions?

If you or your guests have dietary restrictions, don't worry! There are plenty of options for making delicious ice cream sandwiches that fit your needs. You can use gluten-free or vegan cookies, dairy-free ice cream, or even make your own ice cream using alternative milks. Our Ice Cream Sandwich Maker is also great for creating sandwiches using non-dairy frozen treats.

Do you have any tips for assembling the perfect ice cream sandwich?

Yes, there are a few tips and tricks to ensure your ice cream sandwich is both tasty and easy to eat:

• Let your ice cream soften slightly before assembling the sandwich to make it easier to spread.
  • Place the sandwich in the freezer for a few minutes after assembly to help the ice cream set and prevent it from melting too quickly.
  • Use a knife or cookie cutter to create perfectly shaped sandwiches.
  • For a cleaner eating experience, you can also wrap the bottom of the sandwich in a piece of parchment paper or a cupcake liner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
cheflydia