• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which serving method is the best for making an Ice Cream Sandwich Torte?

In Summary, Season's Best recommends using the Simple Additions Large Square Platter. The other two methods (the Chillzanne Rectangle Server and the Cutting Board) are also good, but the torte is too high to put the cover on, a little annoying to cut torte on, and the recipe says to freeze for at least 30 minutes (longer is better). I always make it on the Rectangular server.
RyLorPC
Season's Best recommends using the Simple Additions Large Square Platter. We prefer two other ways: #1 - Chillzanne Rectangle Server (but the torte is too high to put the cover on, a little annoying to cut torte on. # 2 (Preferred) - Cutting Board - Place the cutting board in the freezer prior to preparation. Then assemble torte right on it and back in the freezer it goes. Cutting up the torte is easy as can be. Also - recipe says to freeze for at least 30 minutes (longer is better) - I've seen many a freezer I wouldn't want to trust the platter in...

Funny story about the sandwich torte and not trusting a freezer. The show I hosted, I signed up to become a consultant that night, we did the sandwich torte on the Chillzanne platter and as we are taking it out of the freezer it falls to the floor as we open the door!!! So needless to say I was embarassed for me and my director but the platter worked great I thought. We didnt have to worry about the cover going back on the torte as everyone still ate it up!! We had to take 2 of the sandwiches off and rearrange a little but it came out looking good anyways. We did sell 2 of the platters!

I always make it on the Rectangular server. I do not put the lid on until we're putting the leftovers back in (if there are any). Once the torte has been frozen it does not stick to the lid anyway - and even if it did, it's a LEFT-OVER!

I like the idea of doing it on the cutting board. I just started, and only have the supplies in the starter kit. It is great to know I can still make it :)

That was exactly why we used the cutting board for the first time as well. We only had our super starter kit and was trying to think of another way to do it and still stay with a PC product. We also do a lot of traveling to visit family and I always try recipes out on them - everyone has a cutting board.

The chillzane is great, but we don't have it yet. :)

ice cream sandwhich tort recipecan someone please send me the recipe for the icecream sandwhich tort. thank you so much.

chris

Season's BestThe recipe is in the current S/S 2005 Season's Best. It even has a picture on the back. It is also in the folder regarding the Celebrations Shows (the tri fold colorful folder) in the pamphlet entitled " The Scoop on Ice Cream Creations". It is fun to make, delicious and impressive.

Good Luck!!

Cool! I can't wait to try and make it! My husband is bringing Ice cream sandwiches home tonight so I'll try making the torte this weekend if they last that long! :D

What is an Ice Cream Sandwich Torte?

An Ice Cream Sandwich Torte is a delicious frozen dessert consisting of layers of ice cream sandwiches, whipped cream, and toppings such as chocolate sauce, nuts, and sprinkles.

How do I make an Ice Cream Sandwich Torte?

To make an Ice Cream Sandwich Torte, start by arranging a layer of ice cream sandwiches in a rectangular dish. Then, spread a layer of whipped cream on top and repeat until you have 3-4 layers. Finally, add your desired toppings and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.

Can I use any flavor of ice cream sandwiches?

Yes, you can use any flavor of ice cream sandwiches in your torte. Popular options include vanilla, chocolate, and Neapolitan, but feel free to get creative with flavors like mint chocolate chip or cookies and cream.

How long can I keep an Ice Cream Sandwich Torte in the freezer?

An Ice Cream Sandwich Torte can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. However, for best results, it is recommended to consume within 1 week.

Can I customize my Ice Cream Sandwich Torte?

Absolutely! You can customize your torte by adding different toppings such as chopped fruit, caramel sauce, or crushed cookies. You can also experiment with different ice cream sandwich flavors and types of whipped cream for a unique twist on this classic dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
abaker1