• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for Ice Cream Nachos Recipe - Any Help Appreciated!

In summary, someone posted a recipe for ice cream nachos that involve tortillas with a cinnamon and sugar mixture on them. There are other discussions about different toppings and flavors for the nachos.
cheryl929
Gold Member
I remember awhile back that there was an ice cream nachos recipe that was floating around. Does anyone have this?

The tortillas were cinnamon and sugar like the ones with the berry salsa.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Found this... not a PC recipe, but someone posted it... if you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there are some other threads and one of them is "Ice Cream Nachos?" I clicked on that and that is where I found this, there are some other discussions and suggestions too, you might want to check it out.

6 flour tortillas
Oil for frying
1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar, mixed
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1 pint chocolate ice cream
1 pint rasberry sherbert
1/2 cup toasted pecans
Pineapple ice cream topping
Whipped Cream or whipped topping
Chocolate candy bar shavings

Cut flour tortillas into nacho chip size. Fry in hot oil and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.

Arrange chips on a large platter. Using a melon scoop or soup spoon, place scoops of ice cream and sherbert on the chips. Sprinkle with the toasted pecans. Spoon on some Pineapple topping and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Serve at once. Makes about six servings

make the chips like the berry salsa-

Then go wild with toppings & ice cream
Really no recipe-
just use the imagination & tools its yummy!

Mango Salsa Sundaes
SB spring/summer 2005Find it on CC

I could see where an ice cream social show could very easily be turned into Ice Cream Nachos by putting sweet tortilla chips in each serving dish. There are a lot of (small) tools that can be used for ice cream shows, to prep fruit and toppings. Add stoneware for making the chips, and it becomes a much better demo (which is why many consultants prep a pan of brownies for ice cream shows). You could use the cinnamon chip recipe that goes with Apple Berry Salsa.
Spritz 6" flour tortillas with water and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Cut into wedges. Bake at 350˚F 8-10 minutes or until crisp.

Hey, we were all typing at the same time! :)

What ingredients do I need for ice cream nachos?

To make ice cream nachos, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 package of tortilla chips
  • 1 pint of your favorite ice cream flavor
  • 1/2 cup of hot fudge sauce
  • 1/4 cup of chopped nuts
  • Whipped cream
  • Cherries for topping (optional)

Can I use a different type of chip besides tortilla?

Yes, you can use any type of chip you prefer for your ice cream nachos. However, tortilla chips are recommended as they provide a nice balance of salty and sweet flavors.

Can I use a different flavor of ice cream?

Absolutely! You can use any flavor of ice cream you like for your nachos. Some popular options include vanilla, chocolate, and mint chocolate chip. You can also get creative and use a seasonal flavor for a fun twist.

How should I serve the ice cream nachos?

Ice cream nachos are best served immediately after assembling. Simply arrange the chips on a platter, top with scoops of ice cream, drizzle with hot fudge sauce, and sprinkle with nuts. Add whipped cream and cherries for a finishing touch. Serve and enjoy!

Can I make the ice cream nachos ahead of time?

It is not recommended to make the ice cream nachos ahead of time, as the chips will become soggy and the ice cream will melt. It is best to assemble and serve the nachos right away for optimal flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • DebbieJ