1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ice Cream Nachos

1. cheryl929

cheryl929 Novice Member Gold Member

I remember awhile back that there was an ice cream nachos recipe that was floating around. Does anyone have this?

The tortillas were cinnamon and sugar like the ones with the berry salsa.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

May 13, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Found this... not a PC recipe, but someone posted it... if you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there are some other threads and one of them is "Ice Cream Nachos?" I clicked on that and that is where I found this, there are some other discussions and suggestions too, you might want to check it out.

6 flour tortillas
    Oil for frying
    1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar, mixed
    1 pint vanilla ice cream
    1 pint chocolate ice cream
    1 pint rasberry sherbert
    1/2 cup toasted pecans
    Pineapple ice cream topping
    Whipped Cream or whipped topping
    Chocolate candy bar shavings

Cut flour tortillas into nacho chip size. Fry in hot oil and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.

Arrange chips on a large platter. Using a melon scoop or soup spoon, place scoops of ice cream and sherbert on the chips. Sprinkle with the toasted pecans. Spoon on some Pineapple topping and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Serve at once. Makes about six servings

May 13, 2009
  3. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

make the chips like the berry salsa-

Then go wild with toppings & ice cream
    Really no recipe-
    just use the imagination & tools its yummy!

May 13, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Mango Salsa Sundaes
    SB spring/summer 2005

Find it on CC

May 13, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I could see where an ice cream social show could very easily be turned into Ice Cream Nachos by putting sweet tortilla chips in each serving dish. There are a lot of (small) tools that can be used for ice cream shows, to prep fruit and toppings. Add stoneware for making the chips, and it becomes a much better demo (which is why many consultants prep a pan of brownies for ice cream shows).

You could use the cinnamon chip recipe that goes with Apple Berry Salsa.
    Spritz 6" flour tortillas with water and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Cut into wedges. Bake at 350˚F 8-10 minutes or until crisp.

May 13, 2009
  6. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Hey, we were all typing at the same time! :)

May 13, 2009
Have something to add?