• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Dipping Recall: Check Your Emails!

In summary, there is a voluntary recall for Ice Cream Dippers (#2730) sold between July 1, 2010 and September 30, 2010 due to reports of the cap popping off and causing damage or injury. Consultants are asked to identify and notify their impacted hosts and customers, and customers can receive a replacement or refund by filling out an online form. The recall does not affect Dippers sold before July 1, 2010 or after October 1, 2010. Some consultants may have a smaller number of affected customers and can quickly notify them, while others may have a larger number and need more time to gather contact information. Questions can be directed to [email protected].
Jennie4PC
Just got an email for soultion center that the ice cream dipper is on voluntary recall from 7/1/2010=9/30/2010. Check your emails:)

I haven't received an email yet. Then again, I'm not sure if I've sold an ice cream dipper in that time frame.

Voluntary Product Recall of Ice Cream Dippers (#2730)
Sold Between 7/1/2010 and 9/30/2010
We wanted to let you know about a product issue relating to Ice Cream Dippers (#2730) sold during the three–month period between July 1, 2010 and September 30, 2010. We decided to take action after receiving customer reports that the cap of these Ice Cream Dippers popped off the handle, causing damage and/or minor injury. As you know, our priority is providing our customers with quality products they can trust. Therefore, we have decided to voluntarily recall the Ice Cream Dippers purchased by customers between July 1, 2010 and September 30, 2010, and offer a replacement or refund.To assist us with the voluntary recall of this product, we ask that you take the following two steps.Step 1: Identify your impacted hosts and customers.
Go to [the email has the URL link for YOU specifically] behind Consultant’s Corner. This page is personalized for you. It identifies the hosts of your Shows where #2730 was purchased. It also includes any noncommissionable purchases you may have made during this time. Using this information, you will need to go to P3 to identify customers who purchased #2730 between July 1, 2010, and September 30, 2010. If you do not have contact information for your impacted customers, please reach out to your hosts to get it.Step 2: Notify your customers.
Cut and paste the suggested email that appears on that Consultant’s Corner page and email it to your customers. The suggested email includes a link to a web page where you can direct your customers to obtain a replacement or a refund. Please note that your customers will need to know the Show # to complete the online form. This information is necessary for us to verify that a customer is eligible for a replacement or refund. The email also asks your customers to dispose of the Ice Cream Dippers impacted by this announcement.After filling out and clicking on the “submit” button on the online form, your customers will receive a replacement or refund within 3–5 weeks. Our hope is that this online process makes it easy for you to help us with the recall.And, in about a week we will also put a product alert message on your PWS that will link to the web page that customers can fill out to obtain a replacement or a refund. We are doing this to reach customers in multiple ways.We will also include a short note in PC NewsWire about the voluntary recall. We will let all Consultants know if they have not already received an email, they do not have any customers impacted by the recall. We want everyone to understand the issue in case they get questions from their customers. Most importantly, we want everyone to understand that Pampered Chef® stands behind the quality and safety of our products.Lastly, please be assured that the vendor has addressed the manufacturing issue and we have tested product to confirm that the problems are limited to those sold during this time period. Customers can continue to use Ice Cream Dippers sold before July 1, 2010, and after October 1, 2010, without any concern. If you receive any questions about the liquid inside the ice cream dipper, please let people know that it is nontoxic and safe.Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. While we are disappointed that we must take this action, our number one priority is our customers.Should you have any questions about the recall process, please email them to [email protected].

Last edited:
Thanks! I haven't got an email yet but I have a few customers to get a hold of.

I only had 4 shows affected, one of them had the host & 2 guests. So I just sent 4 e-mails with 3 from the same show all being notified together. Whew! I guess that's one of the small benefits of not being a top seller? I can get all 4 e-mails done in under 5 min's vs spending hours on the task. LOL

I have 2 shows and 4 customers. I leave for work in 20 minutes and do not have time to search for the customers to find out if I have email addresses for all these people. The thing that frustrates me is I'm pretty sure I sold at least one ice cream dipper during this period at FAIRS. Ugh!

Intrepid_Chef said:
I have 2 shows and 4 customers. I leave for work in 20 minutes and do not have time to search for the customers to find out if I have email addresses for all these people. The thing that frustrates me is I'm pretty sure I sold at least one ice cream dipper during this period at FAIRS. Ugh!

In the email HO is sending affected consultants there is a link to the people who purchased these during that time with all their contact info and the show info on them - if you entered that into P3. It took seconds for me to notify mine. Just do it when you get home tonight if you have to look them up or as HO suggests, contact the hosts to tell their affected guests.

As far as the fair, I doubt every single dipper was defective so chances are good it will be fine.

I didn't get the email, so I must not have sold any.

Oh I know ... I was just not awake enough to do it this morning, so I will do it tonight. The host of one of my parties sold $1,300 and at this point I don't know if the dippers were hers or belonged to her guests. She is very good about checking her e-mail.The other smaller party is a bigger concern. The two dippers were likely sold at fairs. One of the items purchased was exchanged for a dipper, which I still have. Not sure if that is one of them or if they both have been sold. I know we sell those things at fairs with no warranty implied but I still wish I knew how to reach those people! I'd send the dipper right to them!

P3 > Reports > Order History > enter the dates effected by the voluntary recall > enter the one item # for the ice cream scoop > ask it to show you host name, customer's e-mail & customer's phone number. Every one who bought one in that time frame will be on the list. :D

Actually, it's even easier than that! The first step in the email has a URL Link to click on. It's personalized for YOU, so when you click on it, and log into CC, it shows you exactly which customers purchased the product. :DYou can go through their steps and they even give you a preformed email wording you can copy/paste to send them.That's cool and convenient.

Last edited:
The only one I had is my friend who is just now starting to go through a divorce and her ex kept everything she had. We decided to just let him deal with it!

pcsharon1 said:
The only one I had is my friend who is just now starting to go through a divorce and her ex kept everything she had. We decided to just let him deal with it!

That's funny! She volunteered NOT to recall. Her prerogative.

esavvymom said:
Actually, it's even easier than that! The first step in the email has a URL Link to click on. It's personalized for YOU, so when you click on it, and log into CC, it shows you exactly which customers purchased the product. :D

You can go through their steps and they even give you a preformed email wording you can copy/paste to send them.

That's cool and convenient.

Bobbi, that's just a list of the SHOWS from which Ice Cream dippers were purchased. Of my 4 shows, only 1 of the hosts had bought one & 5 guests had bought them. I had to look in P3 to figure out the names of the people who actually bought them. ;)

Sharon, that's hilarious!!!

Sheila said:
Bobbi, that's just a list of the SHOWS from which Ice Cream dippers were purchased. Of my 4 shows, only 1 of the hosts had bought one & 5 guests had bought them. I had to look in P3 to figure out the names of the people who actually bought them. ;)

Ah. Mine only came up with an Individual Order, so I didn't have to drill down that far.

I had 3 shows and 5 people to deal with.

I just had one show to deal with...it was my sister who bought 2 of them. Now she's going through a divorce and has things all boxed up and she's living with my mom. Not sure where the scoops are, I'll have to ask her about it.

babywings76 said:
I just had one show to deal with...it was my sister who bought 2 of them. Now she's going through a divorce and has things all boxed up and she's living with my mom. Not sure where the scoops are, I'll have to ask her about it.

She doesn't have to send them back. She just has to check off a box that says she promises to throw them away. ;) She could do like the other lady- and give them to her ex-DH.

Yeah, she doesn't have to send them back. This sounds spiteful and vindictive, but I would be tempted to keep them and let the ex deal with the problem ... let them leak all over his ice cream and let her say, "Oh yeah, you were supposed to throw them away!"I should know better than to RWD (Read While Drowsy.) I thought the recall was from dippers sold THIS YEAR because the same people had parties in the same time period. As it turns out, on one order they were both sold to the host (easy!) and on the other order they were actually sold to my friend, a past host. So only 2 customers. One return (the one for my friend) is already processing.

No email and I have sold one in the time frame

Do you use the entire number they give (consultant # and show # together?) or just the show number?

we were trying to submit the info and it keeps saying the show # is not right..I tried every combo I could think of:
k0948
k948
nothing is working
any tips?

You need to enter your consultant number and then the K#. It worked for me when I did that.

Can someone tell me how to find the suggested e-mail on consultant's corner?

Cut and paste the suggested email that appears on that Consultant’s Corner page and email it to your customers. The suggested email includes a link to a web page where you can direct your customers to obtain a replacement or a refund. Please note that your customers will need to know the Show # to complete the online form. This information is necessary for us to verify that a customer is eligible for a replacement or refund. The email also asks your customers to dispose of the Ice Cream Dippers impacted by this announcement.

It's in step 1 of the e-mail that PC sent to you (you would ONLY get the e-mail if you had affected customers) -- if you didn't get an e-mail from PC you don't have any affected customers.

And for the number I just copied and pasted the number on the list on cc that popped up when I clicked the e-mail link. It's you consultant # followed by K or C and then a four digit show number.

Or Pampered Chef doesn't have your correct email. I sent this to my recruiter in case this was the case.

My host had technical difficulty. I'm going to process the return for her.

What is the reason for the ice cream dipping recall?

The ice cream dipping recall is due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes, a harmful bacteria that can cause serious illness.

What products are affected by the ice cream dipping recall?

The affected products include the Pampered Chef Deluxe Electric Dipping Warmer and the Pampered Chef Small Dipping Bowl. Customers should check their emails for specific product details.

How can I tell if I have a recalled product?

If you purchased the Pampered Chef Deluxe Electric Dipping Warmer or Small Dipping Bowl, you should have received an email with the product details and instructions for returning the item.

What should I do if I have a recalled product?

If you have a recalled product, stop using it immediately and follow the instructions in the email to return the item for a refund or replacement. Do not consume any food that may have come into contact with the recalled product.

Are there any reported illnesses related to the recalled products?

At this time, there have been no reports of illness related to the recalled products. However, we are taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dannyzmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • Becca_in_MD