• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing an Icky Ice Cream Dipper: Tips for Cleaning and Maintenance

S
showmehow2
Help! I've got a customer who has one that is "icky". He said there is grime & hard stuff on it. He is looking to find out how to clean it. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sounds like it went through the dishwasher. They get dark and can leak when this happens. Since they are not dishwasher safe I don't think that HO will replace it for you. I'm not sure if there is anyway to clean it up, and if it has leaked it probably won't work as well anymore.

They can also look "icky" when they are allowed to sit in a sink of water. If you have really hard water, the more "icky" it will look. It doesn't effect the way it works, just the way it looks.

A little late in reply, but I have learned using "Bar Keepers Friend" works. I bought Stainless Steal Pots & Pans and ended up using it on the Ice Cream dipper because the same happened, well it worked.
So try suggesting that.

Just a little hint about the ice cream dipper. or new use I should say. I used it at thanksgiving to dip out butter out of the tubs and put them into nicer china dishes. They were cute little balls of butter. everyone asked how I did it. :D

1. How do I clean grime and hard stuff off of my ice cream dipper?

The best way to clean grime and hard stuff off of an ice cream dipper is to soak it in hot, soapy water for a few minutes. Then use a soft-bristled brush or sponge to scrub away the grime. Rinse the dipper with clean water and dry it thoroughly before using it again.

2. Can I use any type of cleaner on my ice cream dipper?

No, it is not recommended to use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on an ice cream dipper, as they can damage the surface. Stick to mild dish soap and warm water for cleaning.

3. How often should I clean my ice cream dipper?

It is best to clean your ice cream dipper after each use to prevent build-up of grime and bacteria. If you notice that it is particularly dirty or sticky, you may want to clean it more frequently.

4. What is the best way to dry my ice cream dipper?

After cleaning your ice cream dipper, use a clean towel to dry it thoroughly. If possible, allow it to air dry completely before using it again. Avoid using a dish towel that may have been used for other dishes, as this can transfer bacteria to the dipper.

5. Is there anything I can do to prevent grime and build-up on my ice cream dipper?

To prevent grime and build-up on your ice cream dipper, make sure to clean it after each use and dry it thoroughly. You can also try using a plastic wrap or bag over the dipper before scooping ice cream, which can make cleaning easier. Additionally, store the dipper in a dry and clean area to avoid any moisture or bacteria growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cat
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • dannyzmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • Intrepid_Chef